Tam's Story!! :)

Replies

• Maribel
    Maribel Posts: 20
    Thanks for sharing, because I did not know your story. Congratulations. Again, I am most truly inspired. Do you have any good "People's reaction stories"? I love those. Especially the people that have not seen you in a while? I get so excited when I see someone that has lost a lot of weight..it makes me think...IT CAN BE DONE!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Thanks for the menu! It's always nice to see what others are eating!

Banks (who I believe to be VERY knowledgable) has suggested that I up my cals from 1200 to my BMR cals, which is closer to 1500 to get these last 7lbs off - any thoughts, oh smart fitness one?
    :tongue:

Btw... I did increase me cals and had a lose of 2lbs two weeks ago, but now after losing nothing last week, and being up a couple of pounds, I have dropped back down to 1200... :ohwell:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Thanks for the menu! It's always nice to see what others are eating!

Banks (who I believe to be VERY knowledgable) has suggested that I up my cals from 1200 to my BMR cals, which is closer to 1500 to get these last 7lbs off - any thoughts, oh smart fitness one?
    :tongue:

Btw... I did increase me cals and had a lose of 2lbs two weeks ago, but now after losing nothing last week, and being up a couple of pounds, I have dropped back down to 1200... :ohwell:

Hmm, well it could be anything. I tend to have weird weeks where I don't lose or lose a little and then will suddenly lose like 3-4 lbs. You might just want to constantly switch it up. That does work for some people. I just try not to stick to 1200 so much because that gives you nowhere to go should you hit a plateau while eating that. Like instead of 1500, maybe just drop to 1400..it might not take as drastic a change as you think.

Also, to answer your earlier question, I have had some ups and downs lately as I have gotten closer to a healthier weight. It does happen and sometimes your body plays games with you. But if you are doing everything right, the numbers will eventually catch up, I think.

But, honestly, with so little to lose, it might just take you a little longer because your body isn't letting it go as easily.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Thanks Tam!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Great story!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck on your future plans for a degree. When do you think you might start?
  • TamTastic
    Great story!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck on your future plans for a degree. When do you think you might start?

Hey, not sure exactly. I have been looking into different programs. I do have a 2 year degree, which would help me with and advanced start B.S. I hope to get started soon.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Tam - way to go! Thanks for sharing your story - I had seen parts of it and knew you were a great success, but it was nice to get some of the background.

I know what you mean about finally deciding "enough is enough!" I came to that same realization last year - that it can't be about short term goals and quick fixes anymore, but about living healthy for the rest of my (hopefully long) life. And it's sorta like I flipped a switch inside. All my decisions stem from that underlying goal/commitment, and so each individual temptation or 'right' decision isn't as hard. I don't feel as helpless anymore - I'm in control. :flowerforyou:
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Hey Tami,
    You are truly an inspiration. I am doing MFP with a co-worker. She is struggling right now with staying motivated. She has been on a plateau for 3 or 4 weeks. She is increasing her activity but is getting discouraged. Any suggestions on how to break that plateau we all hit along the way?

Thanks,
    Sue
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Well not much left to say, everyone has said it all!!

It takes courage to share you story so openly and honestly, thank you for your courage.

:heart:
    Tricia
  • TamTastic
    Thanks again everyone for your replies. I do appreciate it! I know I've got friends here! :smile: And you all have a friend in me!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Bump for someone who emailed me about wanting to read it! :)

And I am down about 104 lbs now, rather than 84 as I was when I posted this.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I've read it before and I read it again and each time I get the chills...you are such a rockin' chick Tami Lou!!! I love ya!!!:heart:

your sis always!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    I've read it before and I read it again and each time I get the chills...you are such a rockin' chick Tami Lou!!! I love ya!!!:heart:

your sis always!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
    Thanks sis!!!! Hugs! Love you!!
    You are rockin too!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    :heart:
    -Tam
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Wow this awesome! Its what I want to do if I can ever meet my goal! hahaha I want to become a dietician and maybe fitness coach.

Everyone seems to be asking you questions so I have one too! hahaha

Do you ever have hard times? Like with me I get going good and then I have that one day that sets me back. How often does that happen to you or does it? When it happens what do you do?
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    I got scared. I thought this was a thread about you were leaving too.. Gosh!

Anyhow, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. I'm glad that you found what you needed to make you happy and more comfortable with yourself! I'm so happy to have come on this site to have made a friend like you. I pray that you live for a super duper long time, so we can hang out and become sexxxxxxxay mama's well into our 100s! Jerimyah is goin to need friends across the globe! :laugh:

LOVE YA!

Crys :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Wow this awesome! Its what I want to do if I can ever meet my goal! hahaha I want to become a dietician and maybe fitness coach.

Everyone seems to be asking you questions so I have one too! hahaha

Do you ever have hard times? Like with me I get going good and then I have that one day that sets me back. How often does that happen to you or does it? When it happens what do you do?

Hey Carrie!

I know this will be hard to believe, but this time around I really haven't had any hard times. I mean, I have plateaus and weeks that I don't lose as well but I haven't been tempted even once to give up. I think that is because I got to a completely different place in my mind than I have ever been in before. The other times I have lost weight, I did it by depriving myself, so of course it was like torture. But this time, I am not starving or suffering and I do enjoy fun foods, I just don't enjoy them all the time. I allow myself treats and allow myself to enjoy things without worrying. I just get right back on track the very next meal or day.

I mean, I had some chips and dip and ziti and other things on Super Bowl Sunday. I didn't really count my calories that day but I didn't go overboard either. I think I had a tiny loss that week but hey!! Whatever!! :) I just got back on track and kept going.

I have said this before but I read somewhere that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they DO have splurges and do treat themselves, but they get right back on track the next day in their NORMAL lifestyle, which is a healthier lifestyle. I am constantly thinking of that. So, if I want a nice anniversary or birthday dinner or if I want to enjoy a baby shower or Thanksgiving, I CAN!! ;)

Anyway, the key is not letting that one mistake completely derail you. It's not ONE meal that made you overweight. It's learning to not let that meal take over your life and lead you to unhealthier ways.

You just have to control the food, not let it control you! :)

Good luck hun!!!
    -Tami
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Right now, I do 4 days at the gym. I am on the elliptical. I have slowly worked up and now do an hour (55 min, random setting, level 18 + 5 min cool down), which usually burns around 700 cals. The machine says it's over 800, but I bring the number down a bit due to the inconsistencies. I also do some strength-training there as well.

On off gym days, I try to get in walks and other calisthenics at home (leg lifts, squats, lunges), whenever I can. I love to hike too and have been doing that more and more. Trying to get my son used to the backpack!! But, he adds another 24-25 lbs to my workout while hiking, which is great!

I'm definitely going to change my elliptical settings to random. I do manual or aerobics setting now and burn about 500 per hour. Thanks for your story it's very inspiring
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101

Hey, not sure exactly. I have been looking into different programs. I do have a 2 year degree, which would help me with and advanced start B.S. I hope to get started soon.
  • TamTastic
    I got scared. I thought this was a thread about you were leaving too.. Gosh!

Anyhow, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. I'm glad that you found what you needed to make you happy and more comfortable with yourself! I'm so happy to have come on this site to have made a friend like you. I pray that you live for a super duper long time, so we can hang out and become sexxxxxxxay mama's well into our 100s! Jerimyah is goin to need friends across the globe! :laugh:

LOVE YA!

Crys :flowerforyou:

LOL!! Sorry Crystal, didn't mean to scare you!! I wouldn't leave you girl!!

Thanks!!! I am so happy to have met you too!! We definitely need to hang out! And we ARE sexxayyyyy mamas!! :wink: :smokin:

:heart: Love ya!!!
    -Tam
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!