Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! Bit of a busy day here (again), but all is going well. Today was my 'rest and recovery' day from X2, so I started the day with Cathe's Kick Punch and Crunch and finished the workout with Cathe's Lower Body Blast. Two of my favorite workouts, so a great way to start the day.

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. With all the change and stress you've been going through, I suppose it isn't to be unexpected. I'm glad you finally got some sleep though. Hopefully that will help. I love the new pic!!

Tami, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best weekend, but I can so completely relate. Everytime my husband goes away (and he goes away alot), parts of the house look like a tornado has come through it. I will never understand how he can make a complete disaster just from packing, but he can. Worst thing is it usually takes him weeks to clean it up. :grumble: I manage to keep the entire house clean and orderly, but his one room where he keeps his uniforms, etc is always utter chaos. Go figure. Anyhow, I'm glad you got some workouts in this weekend, even if it isn't exactly as you planned. And it sounds like you had some good fun with your friend which always helps!

Erika, I'm sorry to hear about the office move. Just when you thought things were going to get better! I'm really happy to hear you are enjoying these workouts. I bet you love the rotation!

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. No fun that! I am almost at the point where I just want menopause to come and go and be done with the whole stuff. I suppose I'm getting to that age, but I'll probably change my mind with the first hot flash! :blushing: Take it easy if you aren't feeling well. No reason to push yourself.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Oh Ladies, what a day!!!

Everything has been going good today (despite having to travel again), then I get a call from the company I interviewed with last year, asking me if I'd come in and talk with them again about the position I applied for last year. Apparently, the girl they hired decided to take a different career path. Needless to say, I was shocked and caught off guard, as I hadn't been looking. My good friend works there (different part of the company) and said I'd be dumb not to at least meet with them. She said they need someone bad, so she thinks I could really get a nice salary/PTO out of the deal. Given all the crap going on at work now, it might not be a bad move to look at what they have to offer.

Laurel--Busy seems to be the theme for all of us!:ohwell: Nice rest and recovery workout! :wink:

Tami--Sorry about all the stress surrounding your husband's departure...that has to be really tough. I haven't had to go through that, but I can only imagine. Good job getting in the workouts when you can, and the time with your BFF too! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Ugh, cramps are not fun! I have started getting them worse and worse as I get older. They completely wipe me out. I hope you're starting to feel better and felt up to your workout. :flowerforyou: Interesting about your boss...mine is a total dufus/jerk these days. I don't know what is up with him?

Michelle--Yes, a good night of sleep!! :bigsmile: The snuggles with DD and Mr. C sounds wonderful! I had 2 pups, a hubby and a cute little boy in my bed at 5:30 this morning too! :bigsmile:

Off to hang with the family and get my JNL workout in!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

BootCamp was great last night! :wink: 10 stations including jumping jacks, jumping jacks on bench, side planks w/ stability ball, agility ladder, squats w/ shoulder press, etc. Then we did sprints outside (of course someone suggested we should) then another set of stations. Then wind sprints in the gym including push-ups, burpees and jumping jacks in between. I do enjoy the indoor sprints vs outside though. Not sure what the difference is. :laugh: DrillMax & lunges were this a.m. Tonight is my dinner date with DH, he decided to leave tomorrow a.m. instead.

Laurie: Sorry to hear you had a Midol night! :flowerforyou: That is not fun. Knock on wood, I have never suffered from bad cramps but when I have had them occasionally I feel for anyone who does. Hope you feel good to go tonight, Killer Buns & Thighs might be just right. I do the walking lunges in the house so it is back and forth & back and forth A LOT of times! Only room for 8 ea way … without having to turn a corner or something and down a hall. I also start including rounds of forward, step back, forward, step back in place just to mix it up. If that makes sense. Thanks for relating to “our spouses”. I think it’s a man thing and the whole multi-tasking.

Michelle: Fantastic on the good night’s sleep! I bet it felt great to wake up and have that rested feeling. Our temps in the a.m. have been very chilly too. I think this a.m. it was 39 degrees! First night I didn’t leave the window open because it was windy. It’s sunny out during the day though so liking that. Early into his “planning” for this yearly event I suggested one big list to just keep and go off of every year …. He looked at me like I had two heads! He said, I have about 100 lists. I then wanted to return the same stare but didn’t. :laugh: Glad I could help with the mat suggestion. It has worked great for me. Again, remember if you are doing some exercises that will involve movement to weight them down so they don’t slide on you. Good luck on attacking those boxes today.

Laurel: First THANK You for relating to my situation ….. Sheesh! Men sometimes:grumble: Very nice Rest & Recovery day, I’m laughing because it sounds more like a full workout! :laugh: :wink: Great job. Tomorrow is Butts & Guts .. looking forward to it. Some of my favorites are all this week!

Erika: That sounds exciting about the potential job! :bigsmile: WooHoo! As always, keep us posted on the job front. The stress is way better, thank you. Which is always the situation. He realized yesterday he still wasn’t quite ready so gave himself another day, hence our dinner date being moved to tonight. He is WAY better last night and today so it’s good that he will be leaving on a good note. Hope you enjoyed your family time & JNL workout!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Morning Ladies,

I have been up since 3am as I slept with the eldest last night and not only does she talk in her sleep but she grinds her teeth and tends to roll on you:noway: So after waking to head to our room I just laid awake all night with the dog until 5:30 when it ws time to start prepping the kids for wake up. I actually feel rested and have since tackled boxes and more clothes...sheesh I need to stop shopping:blushing: I have clothes with tags marked size 4t in these boxes:blushing: So after taking a break it was time to turn on Music on Demand and jam...Yeah I love it and sliding on the wood floors is such a great leg burner:laugh: Mr. C i sjust watching me dancing with 2 remotes, one for volume and the other to switch between Hip Hop, Dance and Rap like I'm crazy:bigsmile:

Erika - It seems as if the man/woman upstairs has decided to interevene and place you elsewhere:bigsmile: Go for it! Everything happens at the right time and even when things are looking down there is something just perfect for you, this sounds like a potential winner:wink:

Tami- Bootcamp sounds great! Laughing my head off at the two headed stare, my hubby does that and I call it his blue eye stare down:laugh: , unfortunately I'm just as stubborn so I give the brown eye stare back because a list is "mommys thing" of course.:laugh: I always say it is a deficiency in the Y chromosome:bigsmile: .

Laurie- I hope you feel better and maybe some JM may loosen you up a bit and relax those muscles, if not relax until you feel better. Right now I feel like a bloated stuffed tomatoe:blushing:

Laurel- Hopefully when menopause arrives it will be a milder journey but for many it can be its own nightmare:ohwell: . My mom and her hot flashes sounds dreadful and for someone who is always cold, now she is always hot:noway:

Ok back to my garage duties because after yesterday things seems to look worst, although I was able to break down so many boxes...grrrrrr too much stuff. I swear my hubby is a secret hoarder:laugh:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Back to P90X2 today with X2 Total Body. I upped the weights again in this one, and it really is beginning to feel more like a weight workout now. I think it is my fave of the bunch I've done so far (X2 Yoga excepted) even with the presence of the ever-annoying Dreya in it. That says something about this workout! I followed it with Cathe's Afterburn Bonus Burn which was a perfect add-on for cardio, more core and some more weights. Felt great today.

Erika, I'm with Michelle. I think somebody upstairs is looking out for you when it comes to jobs! I have my fingers and toes crossed that this goes whichever way you want it to go. But it sounds exciting!!! You must have made quite an impression if they called you up again after all of this time.

Tami, that Bootcamp workout sounds tough! I bet you enjoyed that! :tongue: Enjoy date night with DH. :flowerforyou:

Michelle, sounds like a long night, but I'm glad you feel rested. You had me laughing again with the description of your pup watching your workout. Don't you sometimes wonder what animals think of us? I know I do! Sounds like you are moving on the moving in process! Great job!

Laurie, hope you are doing all right today!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :bigsmile:

I am happy to report that DH and I had a great dinner date! :happy: It was just what we needed I think before his departure. I could physically feel him relax when he told me he was all packed & ready and where did I want to go for dinner. Very nice vs. the stressful tension! So this a.m. was Butts & Guts “All Leg” pre-mix (right at 60 min) due to time because I followed it up with HiiT 30/30 which was lots of fun as well. Tonight is Spinning after work so the legs ought to be “feelin it” around 6:30 I’d say. :wink:

Michelle: So great that you are cranking up the tunes while you are cleaning/unpacking, etc. That’s the best way to do it. Hope you are making lots of progress. Moving always brings to the forefront of how much “stuff” we can accumulate doesn’t it?! Always feels good to have a second chance to look at it and pass it on or re-organize! So :laugh: :laugh: right back at ya on the missing chromosome … truly!

Laurel: Your combo of workouts today sound amazing! :bigsmile: Great job … even enjoying it with the Dreya factor, that does say a lot about that one. Yes, the BootCamp class is a great variety packed into 55 min.

Hi Erika – Any more thoughts about the other job?!?! :smile: I agree w/ the other ladies and forsure it is a great compliment that they have called you back.

Hi Laurie :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    Hello Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for all the nice words about the potential job! :wink: I was so content on staying put, that it just threw me for a loop. Then, my mind starts going a million miles a minute...are the benefits good, what about the drive, the hours, a small office (I've always worked for huge companies), etc. I decided to meet with them on Friday morning, being that he was so persistent with me! :laugh: My hubby thinks I should go at it full force, and if they decide to hire me, he thinks that would be good. I'll see what I think when I meet on Friday. Something last time left me feeling kind of relieved I didn't get the job (after a few months), but I don't remember why. Maybe it was just the idea of change...who knows.

I decided to switch to morning workouts again, this time 5am instead of 4:30 though. Just getting too tired at night to do them. So, it was JNL Fusion Crazy Circuit Cardio. Man, I love these workouts...I could kiss my TV screen, that's how much! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Yeah on increasing the weights again!!! :bigsmile: You've got to have amazing balance to be able to continue to increase the weights...that's an area that I still struggle with!

Michelle--My youngest sleeps like your eldest...how can one get any sleep with all that commotion going on! I'm glad you actually felt rested and were able to be productive. I :heart: your Music on Demand Dance Party...totally what I would pick for types of music to listen to as well!:wink:

Tami--I hope your evening with DH was great, and that he left this morning on a good note! Another great BC class...love all the sprints you guys do, they are my ultimate favorites! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurie :bigsmile:

Off to go see my kiddos and hope for a calmer end of the week. It's been a hard one to make it through so far!

Erika
  • fitzfour
    Good Morning, Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Switching back to mornings hasn't been all that bad! This morning was JNL Fusion Bicep Builder! :heart: Off to get ready for the day...let's hope it's a better day at work. The environment has turned from disgruntled to somewhat hostile. Several people I'm around all day are literally just pissed off at the world over all the changes. Rightfully so, as many were told in the last day or 2 that their incentive pay (which is a big chunk of our overall pay) is being cut in half, or at least they are making it harder to achieve. I am not really being affected my many of the changes, but still feel horrible for everyone else!

I'll check back in with you ladies, probably after my meeting with the new potential employer! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! A great workout combo for me today. I started with Cathe's Intensity (the max intensity premix) and finished with X2 Yoga. Just perfect for today!

Tami, I'm so glad you enjoyed a nice evening with your DH before he headed off. It's good that he was able to relax a bit after all the preparation to go. I hope you enjoyed B&G. It has been awhile since I've done that premix, but I remember it being a good one.

Erika, I'm sorry to hear about work. It sounds like things are going downhill pretty fast. I'm glad you are going to at least look into the possibility with this new position. Maybe some of your concerns that you had have been or can be addressed. Keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Great job moving back to morning workouts! My balance is getting better all the time with these X2 workouts. I really notice in my other workous which is fun for me. X2 continues to impress, that's for sure!

Laurie and Michelle, I hope you are both well.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~

Spinning was a great class last night. :wink: The regular instructor was there & she is always great energy. She is the lady who will be teaching the Insanity class on Tuesday’s. Found out that the Fall Schedule doesn’t have her on for Thurs evenings as well but the guy who taught it before is teaching an Insane Abs class at noon on Thursday’s. He mentioned that to me ….. we’ll see, maybe a noon class once a week wouldn’t be so bad. :wink: Today’s workout was STS Total Body followed by “Butt Blast” it was another fun combo. :smile:

Erika: Can’t wait to hear how it goes tomorrow! I’m super excited for you and it sounds like it comes at a perfect time. I hope it goes well and is something that could work for you. Great job getting in the a.m. workouts! I always feel so much better in my day with the a.m. workouts. Dinner with DH was really nice the other night he was relaxed and enjoyed our time. He even brought it up on the phone last night and apologized for being such a “bear” lately that he knew he was being challenging. Sending you good luck wishes for tomorrow friend! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: B&G was great yesterday :wink: It had been such a long time since I did that one and I felt like the time flew by. I do like the straight program from beginning to end more than just all legs pre-mix but that was fine when I needed to add-on 30/30 right after. I’m just happy to be enjoying my rotation and all the workouts! Feels good. Your combo today sounds absolutely perfect. I do have Intensity on the schedule very soon :wink: Glad to hear you are feeling the strength from P90X2 & impressed with the progream, so great! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurie & Michelle … Hope you are both doing well!

Talk to you all tomorrow.
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was the end of Week 4 of P90X2. I feel like I am ready to move on to the next workouts finally, but I will stick with these one more week and then take the week off when we go to Hawaii. That way I can start fresh and new on the strength building section when we get back. So today I did X2 Balance and Power, followed by Athletic Step. I also added on the upper body work from Muscle Max, and I feel a tad fried right now if I'm being honest. I'm glad tomorrow is a day off!

Tami, so happy to hear you enjoyed your spinning class. That Insane Abs class sounds like fun! That would be great if you were able to do that once a week, just to change things up a bit. Glad you enjoyed Butts and Guts and this rotation you are doing. You are doing some of my favorite workouts right now. What rotation is it? You probably mentioned it before, but I've forgotten. I'll be looking for something to do after X2 and before Cathe's new series, and this rotation that you are doing looks exactly like something I'd enjoy.

Erika, I'm thinking about you today! Hope all is going well!!

Laurie and Michelle, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Hey Ladies--TGIF!!! :bigsmile:

Well, after a kick butt JNL workout this morning, I got ready for my big meeting, and aside from a formal offer, I believe I've got the job. I won't begin celebrating until I see it in writing, but he asked if I was interested, if the salary was ok, etc. so I know we are ready to move forward. I will be waiting on pins and needles until I get an official offer! :ohwell:

Laurel--One month done, wow!!! :bigsmile: I'm excited to hear about the next phase of the program! :bigsmile:

Tami--Yeah on the regular instructor, always makes the class that much better! :bigsmile: Dinner with the hubby sounds great, and whatta guy for realizing he was being a bear lately! :wink:

Michelle and Laurie--Have a great weekend, I'll keep you all posted on what unfolds next week! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • 2BLean
    HI Ladies & as always TGIF!! :bigsmile:

This a.m. was Intensity – which made me laugh:laugh: because I just mentioned that to Laurel. I forgot apparently that it was today! Lots of fun but I was feeling it at the end. . . I don’t think I ate enough dinner last night maybe. Tonight I am headed to Spinning after work. :wink:

Laurel: Yowsa! Great job on the workouts today! :drinker: Do the P90X2 workouts feel like you need more when you are done with them? So as I mentioned above …. Intensity was today. :wink: Pretty funny, I thought it was next week for some reason. Thanks for the well wishes & encouragement on my workouts, always appreciated. I cannot remember the actual “date” because I had copied & pasted the rotation w/ out the date or thread link. I am more than happy to send them to you! :bigsmile: That’s what I love so much about it is the mixture of all my favorites packed into a rotation w/ add-ons! I can’t believe your Hawaii trip is right around the corner. I bet you are so excited! :happy:

Erika: I was so thinking about you this a.m. and wondering how it went! That’s fantastic … :bigsmile: but I understand until it’s on the dotted line there won’t be champagne corks flying just yet. So happy for you though, it sounds great. Great job getting in a kick butt workout before the big meeting … always a good stress reliever I say!

Hello Michelle & Laurie ~:flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a great weekend! Planning on meeting up with a friend for a nice hike in the a.m. and then coffee … errands, fun workouts and get the house all tidied up for me, myself and I (and the pups too I suppose).

Until Monday ~
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Mornin' Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Another JNL Fusion workout in the books...wowsa, these workouts leave me with major DOMS in my hammies, butt, back and shoulders...every single time!! I actually had to take an unplanned rest day on Saturday, as I was so sore I couldn't move! :laugh:

The news on the potential new job comes this week. I am a nervous wreck! I hate switching jobs, and always get really nervous about it, but like everyone has told me, it's time to get out of where I am. It's only going to get worse, and all the changes they are making have got to mean something bigger is coming. I think I'm nervous to make a change, but also nervous if something falls through! :ohwell: I should know what's going on for sure either today or tomorrow.

Tami--Nice job on Intensity! :bigsmile: I hope your weekend was productive, and fun too! :bigsmile:

Laurel, Laurie and Michelle--I hope you had a nice weekend! :bigsmile:

Off to get ready for the day!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,412 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA last week, but I was super busy at work. Plant manager needed budget information for a meeting this week. Of course this is always at the last minute. :wink: Anyway I have been keeping up with my workouts having done things like Killer Buns & Thighs, 6W6P and Skogg workouts. I had changed up BFBM on Saturday by doing the circuits individually, so the order was 6, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and cooldown. That made the workout a lot more fun. :wink: Yesterday I was hauling some wood, needed to get it away from the house so that the painter didn't have anything blocking the house. This morning was Yoga Meltdown levels 1 & 2. Still have a Skogg workout to do, and I will get that one done after work. :wink:

Erika, Love that you are enjoying those JNL workouts so much and of course that they are giving you DOMS! Hope your news is really good about the job, will be crossing my fingers. :wink:

Tami, I know when I don't eat enough in the evenings my morning workouts are tough. Seems I don't have enough energy, so I always try to make sure that I have eaten some carbs with my dinner. Sounds like a great weekend you had planned, I have been enjoying my relaxed coffee time on Saturday mornings. :wink:

Laurel, Can't believe that you are finishing up your first month of P90X2! :noway: Did Cathe say when the new series was going to be coming out? I really have not been paying attention to the information. I really should. :laugh:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! This is my last week of the first phase of P90X2. I started it yesterday with X2 Core which really felt comfortable this time--as compared to the first time! That's a good sign. I also did Cathe's Gauntlet workout from her Terminator DVD. Today was Plyocide followed by the upper body work from 4DS! That felt great.

Laurie, great job keeping up with the workouts despite being so busy at work. Sounds like you are getting some great variety in right now! I think Cathe has said these new workouts are due out late fall/early winter. I look for them around Christmas or shortly after. I figure it will be my New Year rotation!

Erika, I have my fingers crossed on the new job! I'm so glad things went well for you on Friday. I know changing jobs is a pain, but your current job sounds like a pain too, so changing may not be so bad. Keep us posted! Glad you are enjoying these JNL workouts.

Tami, that's funny about Intensity. Definitely still one of my favorites. I never seem to tire of doing it, though I try to only do it once a month or so to keep things changing up and all. It's funny about the P90X2 workouts. I definitely feel like I need more weight workout, but, to be honest, they feel more complete to me than the P90X workouts ever did. It could be that I'm trying to change up my workout routine a bit right now and get away from all of the heavy pounding cardio because, after all, I'm not getting any younger. But I don't feel I need the cardio as much with this series, despite the fact that there isn't any cardio included. I can't explain why that is, though. So I think the only thing I would miss doing this series alone would be some traditional weight work. However as I discovered today doing 4DS (which I haven't done since finishing STS), I'm gaining strength in some areas from X2 even though I'm not lifting heavy weights (chest/back/core in particular). I finished the 4DS workout with the core from the Lower Intensity Step workout from that series, and the planks at the end felt outrageously easy! That's what I mean by gaining strength. I think it is all good. I'm surprisingly happy with this series right now and think, in the end, it suits me better than P90X did. We'll see how I feel after the next section when he does more traditional P90X work (pushups and pullups!)

Michelle, hope you are well!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies & Happy Monday! :smile:

Let’s see … Friday after work was Spinning which was lots of fun. I was asked to move up to the front row - they said since I’m a regular now I should just move on up & she likes to have it full around her. It was in good fun and the class was great. I had a nice weekend … a little quiet but I kept busy and accomplished the house cleaning I wanted to do, workouts, hike with my girlfriend and of course took the dogs for walks. Sat was CTX Leaner Legs & then did HiiT Dbl Wave Pyramid! Yesterday was BodyMax 2 … I was happily surprised at keeping up with the choreography since it had been so long! Seems like such a little thing, but I love it when I can follow along due to my sometimes challenged choreography skills:ohwell: No workout this a.m. Tonight will be BootCamp! :wink:

Erika: Hopefully the DOMS are not too painful and a good sore :huh: Great job with the JNL workouts and even more that you are loving them so much! :smile: Fingers, toes and everything crossed for you on the new position. :drinker: I know the nerves you must be feeling but from the sounds of how everything that has been going on you will look back on it and be so happy/thankful!

Laurie: Great workouts and nice to hear you are enjoying your relaxing Sat a.m. time! Well deserved. :wink: Thanks for your input on the food. I think that was exactly it! I try to eat very low carbs at night because I end up eating dinner around 7 or 7:30 sometimes after my gym workouts. I have been waiting for Cathe to post when the XTrain will be out, but haven’t seen anything yet. Like Laurel, I heard Fall/Winter when I first purchased it as well. Do you think you'll try it?

Laurel: Excellent work with X2! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Sounds like you had some good workouts yesterday and again today with a nice combo! I have some 4DS workouts coming up in this rotation. Which reminds me, I will send it to you so you have it for future use if need be. :happy: I know after doing Insanity/Asylum I definitely felt strong in my core/back by a long shot. But didn’t realize it until doing other workouts later or the BootCamp class at the gym. I was reading this weekend about X2 and everything you described here is basically what this guy was saying. . . . I’m of course always intrigued by new programs and this one has my interest now that you are trying it and liking it. Since we seem to like a lot of the same workouts :wink: So how many days until Hawaii? p.s. For "not getting any younger" you do amazing workouts! I'm just sayin:bigsmile:

Hi Michelle:flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow, Tami
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Hi all!

I thought I'd jump in here to get the most responses. I never heard of Cathe until June when my s-i-l got me 2 DVD's of hers for my b-day - Cross Fire and To the Max.

I watched some of the Cross Fire yesterday (without doing it) and OMG I am SCARED. I am a runner, a weight lifter, I do some of the P90X stuff, but Cross Fire looks INSANE! I just ordered a resistance loop so I'm waiting for that to come.

Someone please tell me that I will be able to do this workout! LOL

Jen
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,412 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was No More Trouble Zones, and Skogg Ladders Level 3. Have a hair appt. after work so nothing planned as far as workouts. :wink:

Laurel, I think it will be interesting to see how your body reacts to the next phase of the system. I'm guessing there is a reason for Tony's madness. :laugh: I'm so up in the air about Cathe's new workouts, just don't know what to do. :frown:

Tami, Hiit Double Wave Pyramid is of course my favorite of all three! :drinker: Can't believe that you did LL and that one together though. :noway: Bet those legs where really done after that one. At some points I want the new workouts, and then at others I want to wait to see what everyone thinks of them. I've been really picky on my workouts lately, so I don't want to buy something that I probably won't do.

Jen, I was scared of Cathe at first, but just do as much of the workout that you can. I bet you will surprise yourself in how much you can actually accomplish. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Morning Ladies,

It has been a busy week here. My mom arrived on Saturdy and we surprised everyone including my hubby who loves my mom:bigsmile: I told the family I had to meet this lady to drop off some donations and arrived an hour later with my mom:laugh: Afterwards it was a day trip to Dothan for dinner, ice cream at Cold Stone and of course shopping. Our anniversary was yesterday but due to hubby heading to Montgomery for his dad's pre-op transplant candidacy testing he left on Sunday. My mom cooked for us yesterday so that was awesome and today she is making my favorite soup:love: This morning I woke up with back pain in the middle of my back as if I strained/pinched a nerve but I decided to get started with Jessica Smith 10Pounds Down Better body blast Arms and then a newbie Toby Massenburg Max 30, which uses a step:grumble: but since that was up on the upper shelves in the garage I did it without and my HR was still elevated. Overall he is a good instructor and next time I will bring out the step for the workout:bigsmile: I'm thinking of starting a JM Body Revolution/TurboFire hybrid now that the garage is nearly finished and my things will be accessible...yippee!!! I have actually created a schedule and with 30min workouts along with a second attempt at TurboFire this sounds like fun right now..as I'm the finicky one this could change but overall I'm excited:wink:

Jen- Congrats on an amazing loss and you look fabulous in your picture. Cathe will kick butt an dtake names later and that is why she is truly one of the best insructors in the industry. With Cathe expect to take some breaks because she is tough and usually for her combo workouts Premixes are my go to option first:blushing: :laugh: but it works for me. I have one of those on my next pick up list but due to space and my recent move, I'm so not prepared for those. Please visit her website and see some of the amazing cardio dvds and other great things she offers plus her previews are usually longer on her site and remarks are always helpful. Tami, Laurie & Laurel are our Catheletes here and can answer anything about any of her dvds.

Laurie- Glad to know that the craziness did not affect your workout schedule, sure wish I could say the same but hoping to start my new schedule next week.

Tami- I'm assuming that hubby has left on his trip and it is just you and the girls hanging out together:bigsmile: .

Erika- I can imagine the nerves as change is hard even for adults but there are also positives and maybe now is the right time. Think positive thoughts and of course you know that we are sending positive vibes your way:bigsmile:

Laurel- It seems that core strength is building and of course you always rock out any workout! Half of these younger women can not compete with you :blushing: Glad to hear that changes are occuring with X2 as I consider you to be in phenomenal shape, it has definitely piqued my interest to hear your thoughts as you enter the next phase.

Ladies I'm off to relax and hopefully relax these muscles enough to get comfortable as today I'm refusing to do anything but relax..hard to do when mom is in town:tongue:

Michelle