Opening Doors - an update

Oh wow oh wow what an experience this has been:

Boss man - way too busy to even imagine having a dating life. Going to school FT, single dad and owning his own business. VERDICT: Had to go

Diesel Engineer Dude: Turned out to sound like a Nigerian Prince telling me he was temporarily broke and wanted me to give him money until he got paid.
VERDICT: Had to go

Deployed Guy: Never met, only emailing since he is deployed. Told his mother about me, tells me he misses me and lhas said "I Love you"

Met a new man, lives across the bay from me, very literate, a total wordsmith when he writes to me. Pics show him to be a TOTAL dish! We are not able to meet just yet, but planning on it soon. He owns his own business, he is a civil engineer, and a total romantic. Not pushing the envelope, but very expressive with his feelings, and we are on the same page with just about everything.
VERDICT: I think I want to keep this one

Camping Guy: The guy I have been seeing off and on, still angry and bitter over his ex wife. Nice guy, just really needs to resolve his issues. So not in the same place as me. He is a great guy and would be a great catch if he were ready. (and you all forewarned me)
VERDICT: Got to go

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Happy for you. Look at you cleaning up the scene. YAY :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Clean house!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

Deployed Guy: Never met, only emailing since he is deployed. Told his mother about me, tells me he misses me and lhas said "I Love you"

Met a new man, lives across the bay from me, very literate, a total wordsmith when he writes to me. Pics show him to be a TOTAL dish! We are not able to meet just yet, but planning on it soon. He owns his own business, he is a civil engineer, and a total romantic. Not pushing the envelope, but very expressive with his feelings, and we are on the same page with just about everything.

How are these two guys different other then one is deployed and one is close by? You haven't met either but both seem to be "expressive about their feelings". One you preceive as a good thing the other one as a bad thing. Where did one cross the line while the other one hasn't?
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511

How are these two guys different other then one is deployed and one is close by? You haven't met either but both seem to be "expressive about their feelings". One you preceive as a good thing the other one as a bad thing. Where did one cross the line while the other one hasn't?

Found that to be a bit confusing myself. What are the reasons you can't meet the wordsmith yet?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member

Found that to be a bit confusing myself. What are the reasons you can't meet the wordsmith yet?

I'll third that. Confusing indeed.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I'll 4th it. This guy hasn't met you either, so is it the great words he uses that gets you thinking he's better? Have fun! Just don't let htis be a case of falling for someone who is great on paper but turns out to be a dud in person.

How do you really *know* you're on the same page, and he's not just writing what a lot of women want to hear??
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    I think maybe it's because the deployed guy already dropped the love bomb and told his family about her. I would be weary too.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I think maybe it's because the deployed guy already dropped the love bomb and told his family about her. I would be weary too.

This - and in the second email I asked where do you see yourself in 5 years and he said married to me. You do not know me to say that.

The guy closer, he has a couple big projects where it will have to wait until the end of the month (so two weeks) to meet up.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    And here is me who thought girls loved the chase. I kid, I kid! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

This - and in the second email I asked where do you see yourself in 5 years and he said married to me. You do not know me to say that.

Oh, I get it. I guess that early into knowing each other I wouldn’t have thought he really *meant* the
    “love you” and marriage comments. I would have thought he was just sayin that. OTOH, I wouldn't be take myself off the market for a deployed soldier I’d never met (but that’s just my prejudice based on what I said in the other thread).

If a guy really meant “I love you” but hadn’t met me, I would run. Fast. I hope it works out with the guy who doesn’t yet have time to meet you. I hope that’s really the case (I have a high-travel job so I’ve made guys wait a couple weeks to meet me too).
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

Okay that would creep me out as well.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Love your update format, your nicknames and your verdicts....sounds like you have it all under control. Fun stuff! :smile:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Love your update format, your nicknames and your verdicts....sounds like you have it all under control. Fun stuff! :smile:

I agree, plus it helps keep everyone organized. She has the right idea. Casting a wide net gives you the best chance at meeting Mr. Right.

However, I prefer the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet approach to keeping them all organized. :happy:
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member

Okay that would creep me out as well.

i totally agree! very creepy and makes me think the guy is needy