Why didn't anyone tell me?

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I love hummus with broccoli or pita bread but I just love hummus in general.
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    My absolute favorite hummus accompaniment is pita chips, but not necessarily good for you.

As anyone tried using hummus hot? I was wondering what would happen to the consistency when roasted or melted?
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    I also love Hummus and in fact most middle eastern foods. I can purchase it locally quite easy but as I am trying to reduce my sodium levels, once I finish off the recent tub of it I purchased, I am going to try to make it myself, with less salt naturally. Thanks for posting a receipie I will plan to try it out soon.
  • Hummus is pureed chickpeas...and the roasted red pepper hummus is FABULOUS on everything!!!
  • Ohhhh I so need to buy some hommus and try this!!!!

Oh yes please do...... Houmus on carrots tastes like cream cheese to me..... BIG weakness for me..... I got a MASSIVE tub of the skinny one lol.

Awesome post. I just discovered this 2 weeks ago on a work trip as I was trying to eat healthy when everyone else was snacking on cake and m&m's I discovered that hummus might be an option. I hate carrots plain. But I knew I couldn't put ranch on them. So I scanned the hummus and wallah it was low in calories and it actually tasted great with the carrots.
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Will have to try. Thanks!
  • im just popping out to tesco to go buy some lol i usually prefer the sour cream and chive mmmmmmm i do love cream cheese so might have to try it with carrots.
    bye, back soon
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    I absolutely adore hummus! Trader Joe's Cilantro & Jalapeno hummus is one of the best inventions EVER. I used to eat it with the Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps but once I tried it with carrots I was so excited! It was delicious and what a great way to get some more veggies in. I think I'll have some today. :)

ETA: I also tried hummus spread on a slice of turkey and rolled up. That was also amazing!
  • omg i just checked on mfp and it has next to no calories
  • I like hummus on occasion but it tastes like bean dip with garlic and lemon to me, and a little goes a long way. I prefer baba ghanoush which is pretty much the same recipe only roasted eggplant is substituted for the garbanzo beans/chick peas.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    omg i just checked on mfp and it has next to no calories

It depends on the brand. For the kind I like, 2 tbsp. has 80 calories. Worth every one to me though!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Haha, :laugh:
  • LOL!
    I LOOOOOOVE carrots and hummus! It's one of my favorite snack combinations! We have a great local hummus place, and I literally have 4 varieties in the fridge right now, and two bags of baby carrots! Super portable for when I'm at school or studying, and they keep me awake! LOL
  • AshleyKleikamp
    AshleyKleikamp Posts: 8 Member
    LOVE carrots and hummus - one of my FAVORITE snacks!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    "Don't make me throw this hummus at you! It's spicy!"
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    My 3 year old Grandson loves carrots and hummus! He asks for them a lot.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    I love hummus myself. Instead of sandwiches in my son's lunch sometimes I'll give him a little hummus with carrot sticks (and zuchini / cucumber sticks) - He LOVES it. He also loves when I give him a table spoon of cashew or almond butter with carrot sticks, apple slices, celary sticks etc

He likes that it's finger foods like a lunchable, and i like that he's getting balanced nutrition
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Ohhhh I so need to buy some hommus and try this!!!!

Oh yes please do...... Houmus on carrots tastes like cream cheese to me..... BIG weakness for me..... I got a MASSIVE tub of the skinny one lol.

Try it with pita chips or pretzels!! Yummm!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    What kind of hummus have you tried? Have you tried roasted red pepper hummus? How about triple red pepper hummus? Lemon hummus? Garlic hummus? Hmmmm, the pepper hummus is my favorite and I like to dip yellow or orange bell pepper into it...they're sweet and have a great crunch.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    My favorite is the Chipotle hummus from Trader Joes with baby carrots! YUM-O!