What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Replies

• one of my ex's "I think you look sexy, it's nice to date a girl who doesn't care about her size."
  • you look pretty for a black girl :huh:

The best response to this or any other "you look great for a ..." is

"You look great for a Bi**h"
  • Oopsie here.
    I'm a wedding photographer and I like to know how my people are related. Usually I just ask what the relation to the bride is. Not this time. The sister came in and I said, "And you must be the mother!" "..........I'm the sister."
    Smoking ages you badly, people!!
  • "You don't look as big as you are". Ummmmm....thanks?

i got this all the time! "Really? You don't look that big."
  • Yea..I was told I had a ghetto booty! I'm white by the way.
  • Thanksgiving a few years back; the mother of my father in law's girlfriend made the comment:

"Thats a nice jacket!"

and I was all pleased and told her that my hubby got it for me back when we first started dating (a very nice memory for me) and she proceeded to say

"you must have been thinner then."
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    That I was a beautiful woman but my face didn't go with my body :(. I'd just had a baby.

U should see what she looks like now!!!
    At least you can get rid of weight( which I did) but there isnt anything you can do about ugly!! :laugh:
  • I'm fond of " you look great for having two kids" which always sounds like, " you look as good as you could with a wrecked body". It feels like I'm disqualified from just looking good....
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Im not sure if this is an insult yet I somehow always feel insulted when its said to me. "you look amazing for a mother of 6" (not sure what to make of it) also when told I was a mother of 6 the lady said "but you're so beautiful" wtf?

That one is not an insult, you should feel good about yourself........

I get "for a mother of five", and I do find it insulting. The implication is there that mother's in general don't look nice, and that your "crappy-ness" increases with the more children you have.
    Also, do they mean that being a mother means I have an excuse for looking slightly crap and they wouldn't compare me to just other women in general?
    I've had this discussion with a few of my mum/mom friends before, and no one found it complimentary!
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    The other day, one of my co-workers noticed that my pants were very baggy (and they were some of my skinny(er) pants!). She came up to me, slapped my hips and told me that I need to stop loosing from my *kitten* and hips. "you should focus more on your stomach, do some crunches or something". I was shocked! While I explained to her that I do not have a choice WHERE the fat is coming off, I lifted my shirt to show her my stomach, which is now getting definition and you can see my ab muscles. "And I do core work all the time... does your stomach look like this?"

She got mad and walked away.. then later admits she should start going to the gym again.
  • You're a good work horse. I was helping my husband move a friend. and yes my husband said that. guess that's shy he's my ex
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    I'm fond of " you look great for having two kids" which always sounds like, " you look as good as you could with a wrecked body". It feels like I'm disqualified from just looking good....

You've described it better than I did in my previous post!
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Once at work I was up on a ladder and a little kid about 4 came in and pointed up at me and said "Mom why is that lady so fat?" It was pretty funny the mom almost dropped dead lol
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    I had my Coast Guard foul weather jacket on, and it had my last name stenciled in big letters across the back... I walked into an Enlisted Mans club and there was a comedian on stage doing his act... as I passed the stage and headed to the back where the bar was he said over the microphone "Hey, you misspelled GOODYEAR"

It hurt... but cracked me up also... gotta admire wit even if you are the victim :mad:

Ok , sorry, I chuckled too!
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    I was asked 13ish times if I was pregnant...by various people of course between the ages of 18 and 25 when I wasn't pregnant. This is the worst though.

My mom said, "you'll need to get a breast reduction so your back won't hurt".
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    "You're a really special girl".....said right before I was getting dumped. Over and over again.

I wish just one of those guys could have phrased the "specialness" a little differently. It got a little monotonous, almost as if they had all read the same magazine article on "How To Break Up With A Girl" :frown:
    When I went to my now-husband's family reunion, his dad introduced me as his "special friend". I just think "special ed" and that's no good.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    The best response to this or any other "you look great for a ..." is
    "You look great for a Bi**h"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol--it was a guy who said it--but point taken--and duly noted for next time!
    Actually--that still could be said :bigsmile:
  • Girl looking at me critically and frowning, "you have a cute nose I wish I had a nose like you". to my other skinnier friend smiling "you have a good figure. You should be a model" seriously can't you find something else to compliment me on besides my nose and stop comparing me to other people.
  • The other day, one of my co-workers noticed that my pants were very baggy (and they were some of my skinny(er) pants!). She came up to me, slapped my hips and told me that I need to stop loosing from my *kitten* and hips. "you should focus more on your stomach, do some crunches or something". I was shocked! While I explained to her that I do not have a choice WHERE the fat is coming off, I lifted my shirt to show her my stomach, which is now getting definition and you can see my ab muscles. "And I do core work all the time... does your stomach look like this?"

She got mad and walked away.. then later admits she should start going to the gym again.

lmao!!! i love it!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    OMG, I love reading these! Unfreakinbelievable what crap comes out of people's mouths!!!

I know this was meant to be a compliment, but a Puerto Rican girl I work with said to me, "You may be a white girl, but you have a Puerto Rican *kitten*". Another Puerto Rican guy told me at a party I had a nice booty too. i.e. My *kitten* is HUGE. LOL