Ranting and Raving...

Okay, I'm not the sort of person to spill personal dirt, but I figure it's safe here. :devil: My mother just called. Won't go into the obnoxious details, but needless to say, not a nice woman. Her influence encouraged me to starve myself for many years and realize that I could never be pretty enough and who in the world would want me, and I really needed to marry someone who looked good. Well, one "gorgeous", but not great husband later:grumble: , I met a man who is gorgeous inside and out and helps me realize that I ain't so bad either. But stress from that woman will make me go out and drink three large cosmopolitans through a straw while eating a cheeseburger in one hand and a huge yellow cake in the other. :embarassed: So I figured I'd try and vent here and see if the feeling will pass...and what do you know. I actually feel better. Crisis averted for this time. So thanks to all for reading my rant and letting me get it off my chest. Now I'm going to the gym with that wonderful man of mine and enjoying some "gorgeous" time together.

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Okay, I'm not the sort of person to spill personal dirt, but I figure it's safe here. :devil: My mother just called. Won't go into the obnoxious details, but needless to say, not a nice woman. Her influence encouraged me to starve myself for many years and realize that I could never be pretty enough and who in the world would want me, and I really needed to marry someone who looked good. Well, one "gorgeous", but not great husband later:grumble: , I met a man who is gorgeous inside and out and helps me realize that I ain't so bad either. But stress from that woman will make me go out and drink three large cosmopolitans through a straw while eating a cheeseburger in one hand and a huge yellow cake in the other. :embarassed: So I figured I'd try and vent here and see if the feeling will pass...and what do you know. I actually feel better. Crisis averted for this time. So thanks to all for reading my rant and letting me get it off my chest. Now I'm going to the gym with that wonderful man of mine and enjoying some "gorgeous" time together.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Good for you. YOu just won not her:drinker: :drinker: