The most incredible broccoli you'll ever have

Replies

• mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    I first tried roasting veggies ths way with asparagus. Have since tried brussell sprouts, carrots, radishes, zucchini, summer squash, and now broccoli. Loved them all except the carrots, which is funny since carrots are my favorite veggie to eat raw. Even my kids eat veggies this way. Sometimes I will add bacon bits or parmesean cheese to thiers.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Hmmm gonna have to try this!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    This! I found this recipe a couple years ago -- this is my go-to way to roast broccoli. It is heavenly!!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    bump! love the idea- less oil of course
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    I tried this but wasn't a huge fan but everyone else loved it! I just don't like Parm or Lemon and found both of these flavors overpowering
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for the yummy recipe...
  • Bump
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Cooked this last night - spray oil NOT 5tbsp oil - eeek - and it was gorgeous. However the garlic turns brown and thus has a really nasty taste - anyone tweaked the recipe so that that garlic doesn't burn and turn nasty?
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    I heart broccoli. I ususally just microwave fresh broccoli with garlic. Ill have to look at this... xx THANK YOU
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    BUMP! sounds yummy!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Bump
  • bump
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    I'm hesitant even because I hate broccoli but I'm always willing to try it in a different way to see if it helps but OMG did you see the amount of total Olive Oil used? I know I know I know it's a healthier fat but we are talking what 5-6Tablespoons? I'm still being freaky because I'm in the losing not maintenace phase so I know this is probably just me. I am willing to give it a go but maybe use broccoli and cauliflower. It does sound yummy with the lemon juice and parm cheese. I wish it had calorie count listed though.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Bump
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    I'm going to pick up broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes today
    :tongue:
  • Yes, it is yummy. Jamie Oliver roasts his root vegetables the same way. I suggest you look up his recipes for same. Added bonus is that you are not boiling away all the nutrients in the veggies either. Good find!
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    bump
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    bump
  • GiggleFitGriddle
    GiggleFitGriddle Posts: 24 Member
    bump
  • tx