Workout 1

ktno1
ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
Being an Australian, I live in the future and will probably do most of these workouts first.

How did you guys find workout 1?

I really enjoyed it. I found it surprisingly easy and it flew past. When she said we were up to the last circuit I couldn't believe it! I've been doing the 30DS and the 20 minutes seems to drag forever but this one was 27 minutes (not including warmup/cooldown) and seemed to go by so much faster than the shred.

Are you guys doing the kickstart with the added cardio each day? I think I would benefit from doing it but doing the same workout every day worries me. I get bored very easily which is why I ended up skipping out on days during the shred. I just got sick of doing the same workout every day.

I think I'll do the cardio later on today and if I like it, I'll keep doing it. Otherwise maybe I'll do some different cardio in the evenings.

Tell me what you thought of Day 1, ladies! (and gentlemen if there are any out there)

Replies

• ktno1
    So I ended up doing the cardio as well and I really enjoyed it!

Logged them both as circuit-general (27 minutes for workout 1, 23 for cardio). Is that what you're all logging them as?
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    I am in Sweden so also live in the future. I did it first thing this morning but am just now getting on the computer to log in. I just finished RI30 on Saturday so this first workout felt pretty easy. I even did most of the modified moves. I am also following Body for Life so after Body Revolution I go to the gym and do my normal weight routine. I have not decided if I will do the extra cardio tonight or not since I am also following another 6 day a week program. We'll see how it goes and if my kidlets will let me do it.

Scarlet

ETA ... I wear a HRM so I log it as cardio and take the calories that I burned. I don't eat back my exercise calories so for me it really doesn't make a difference. I burned 300 during the workout and 550 doing my strength training :).
  • ktno1
    ETA ... I wear a HRM so I log it as cardio and take the calories that I burned. I don't eat back my exercise calories so for me it really doesn't make a difference. I burned 300 during the workout and 550 doing my strength training :).

MFP gave me 305 for the workout. Maybe that's not crazy inaccurate if you burned 300. Usually MFP overestimates it.
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Well, I'm currently in the UK. Does that count as the future??

Anyway, I did Workout 1 early this morning and am just about to try out the cardio. I am going to be doing the Kickstart, and following the meal plan as well. I actually really enjoyed it and the time just flew by! I am just going to enjoy it while the workouts are nice, because knowing Jillian they will get insane soon enough.

Oh and with the calories, I also use my HRM. I burned 237 on Workout 1, which is quite a lot under what MFP estimates for me, which I expected
  • 3under2

MFP gave me 305 for the workout. Maybe that's not crazy inaccurate if you burned 300. Usually MFP overestimates it.

Hmmm ... really depends on height, weight and intensity. I tend to use heavier weights 3/4kgs and do the advanced moves. As long as you're not planning on eating your exercise calories back, it really doesn't make that much of a difference IMHO. :)
  • ktno1
    Yeah I still think it was probably in the 200s haha but I'm following Jillian's 1200(ish) calories a day for all of phase 1 to see how it goes, so ultimately what I burn is irrelevant!
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Being an Australian, I live in the future and will probably do most of these workouts first.

How did you guys find workout 1?

I really enjoyed it. I found it surprisingly easy and it flew past. When she said we were up to the last circuit I couldn't believe it! I've been doing the 30DS and the 20 minutes seems to drag forever but this one was 27 minutes (not including warmup/cooldown) and seemed to go by so much faster than the shred.

Are you guys doing the kickstart with the added cardio each day? I think I would benefit from doing it but doing the same workout every day worries me. I get bored very easily which is why I ended up skipping out on days during the shred. I just got sick of doing the same workout every day.

I think I'll do the cardio later on today and if I like it, I'll keep doing it. Otherwise maybe I'll do some different cardio in the evenings.

Tell me what you thought of Day 1, ladies! (and gentlemen if there are any out there)

Work out one was a breeze, I think I will at least make it through the first 2 weeks of phase 1! HAHAHAHA! :glasses: I too got bored on the the 30 day shred, I kept mixing up the days during the week, so hopefully with these 3 workouts rotating through the week it shouldn't be too boring. And I do plan to do extra running 3 days a week on top of the 6 days of videos. I just started with week one and am skipping the kickstart deal.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    I am in Sweden so also live in the future. I did it first thing this morning but am just now getting on the computer to log in. I just finished RI30 on Saturday so this first workout felt pretty easy. I even did most of the modified moves. I am also following Body for Life so after Body Revolution I go to the gym and do my normal weight routine. I have not decided if I will do the extra cardio tonight or not since I am also following another 6 day a week program. We'll see how it goes and if my kidlets will let me do it.

Scarlet

Congratulations on your Ripped in 30! Your results are fantastic! Where in Sweden are you from? I lived in Karlstad for a year many moons ago :)
  • Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    Woke up early today and did workout 1. Not too bad. Liked the fact that she kept calling out Omar, especially since it made me laugh (I work with an Omar) and it got my mind off of the actual exercising Haven't logged it yet, but will probably log so that it says about 200 calories burned...would rather underestimate than overestimate.

I am not doing the meal plan, but need to figure out my BMR, TDEE, and then go from there. I don't think MFP gives me enough calories for my BMR, so I might need to figure out a way to fix that.

Looking forward to reading others posts...keep it up!

Findleyn
  • 3under2

Scarlet

Congratulations on your Ripped in 30! Your results are fantastic! Where in Sweden are you from? I lived in Karlstad for a year many moons ago :)

Thanks sweetheart! I loved 30 Days Shred but feel I got even better results from RI30 :). I live in Stockholm. I'm actually American but I married a Swede so ended up here. We have three little ones now so wouldn't imagine ever leaving. Been to Karlstad a few times ... really pretty place. I'm a city girl at heart though! I hail from Southern California ;).
  • miamoe15
    miamoe15 Posts: 28 Member
    I did the first day yesterday because I prefer to start things at the beginning of the week vs. the beginning of the month. I was just excited to get started I suppose. I found the first workout to go by super fast! I am doing the Kickstart as a little mini-challenge to myself. I worry about getting bored with the cardio too but hopefully since it went by so quickly on Day 1, I won't mind too much. Off to do Day 2.
  • 3under2
    I did the first day yesterday because I prefer to start things at the beginning of the week vs. the beginning of the month. I was just excited to get started I suppose. I found the first workout to go by super fast! I am doing the Kickstart as a little mini-challenge to myself. I worry about getting bored with the cardio too but hopefully since it went by so quickly on Day 1, I won't mind too much. Off to do Day 2.

Great job! Go you!
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Hey Ladies..I made it through workout 1! I can already tell this time is going to be a little different. Last time I started I had just finished Ripped in 30 this time I'm cold turkey so I could do NO modified moves...LOL I'm going to push through no matter how bad it hurts! BTW I'm in the US and work out in the evening..I use it to de-stress from work and I am NOT a morning person. I will likely take Fri as my off day cause by the end of the week I could use a break and I do the weekend days in the morning.

Let's keep it going ladies...89 more days to go :tongue:
  • ktno1
    Hey Ladies..I made it through workout 1! I can already tell this time is going to be a little different. Last time I started I had just finished Ripped in 30 this time I'm cold turkey so I could do NO modified moves...LOL I'm going to push through no matter how bad it hurts! BTW I'm in the US and work out in the evening..I use it to de-stress from work and I am NOT a morning person. I will likely take Fri as my off day cause by the end of the week I could use a break and I do the weekend days in the morning.

Let's keep it going ladies...89 more days to go :tongue:

Love that determination!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Just finished Day 1 workout and very doable :) Wish they would all be that way but I'm sure by week 12 I will be dying. I remember from my last try at this I loved the cardio dvds. I will not be doing kickstart or following meal plan.

My weeks will look something like this due to also taking classes at my gym:

Mon: 1 hour Yoga am, Body Rev pm
    Tues: BR am, 1 hour Zumba pm
    Wed: 45 min Zumba am, BR pm
    Thrus: BR whenever
    Fri: 45 min Zumba am, BR pm
    Sat: BR whenever
    Sun: REST :P

Let's do it this, I am determined to get it done this time and with a motivational group :D
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    I'm behind :(

And OMG did I let myself go this summer... I am seriously out of shape. I'm going to need some major encouragement and support, and hope to do the same for you. I'm going to try and catch up somehow to the group....

Day 1 JMBR Phase 1 Workout 1: 30 mins, 215 cals per HRM

Ugh!
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Welcome to the group. We just started so its just a few days and we'll all be doing the same workouts for at least a week. I'm so excited to see what the end result will be at the end of the year. So glad this group is here...these check-ins keep me going.

We can do this!