Just started!

Hi, today is my first DD. I'm curious about others' first day? Yesterday, I think I went a bit over board with my first UD! Did you start counting calories for your UD's right away or did you wait as the book suggests until a few weeks into the program? I hope I don't drive everyone nuts with my questions! I also belong to LCF since I've been low carbing off & on for several years. I've joined in the group there, too. But, at my age, my metabolism is almost non-existent. So, I needed something to kick-start it again. I'm hoping JUDDD is my answer!

Shari

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Hi Shari!

I completely understand the extinct metabolism..lol.

I always tried to keep my DD's to 500/600 cals with my UD hitting about 1800.

Good luck!
  • cici52
    cici52 Posts: 34 Member
    HI, Shari. Started counting from day one. It is so easy here. Even if you don't quite get it right at first. You have a record of what you did. Good information for the future. Did you get your UDDD calorie amounts from Dr. Johnsons' website or are you determining them another way?
  • YellowRose49
    YellowRose49 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks, kel & cici! As for #'s? From Dr. J's website, my UD is 1727 & my DD is anywhere from 345-604. That's looking at 20%-35%. I'm not sure I can do 345! So, yesterday I did 496. Today I'm aiming for 1700. An UD of 1700 & DD of 500 would give me an average of 1100 calories. Most trackers have me eating 1200 calories a day to lose weight. Does this sound about right?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Looks good to me!
  • YellowRose49
    YellowRose49 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks, Keira's Mom! I've seen you at LCF! I go by Shari4 over there. I just joined in there a week or so ago. Your new pictures are awesome! I aspire to be like you when I grow up! ;)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Aw thanks! :blushing:
  • What is LCF?
  • Keiras_Mom
    It's another forum (lowcarbfriends). We have a much more active JUDDD board over there, and some stay low carb, while others eat anything and everything.
  • Oh awesome! I'll ck that out..thanks:)
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Hi everyone..
    just joined the group and can't wait to start! Today is my first DD

I have a small issue though. It was recommened to use the caluclator on the Doctor's website but when i input all of my info it gives me a total of 2,762 calories to eat on UD and 967 calories to eat on DD.
    I don't even get to 2,762 on a bad cheat day..what the hell? Did i do something wrong?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Hi everyone..
    just joined the group and can't wait to start! Today is my first DD

I have a small issue though. It was recommened to use the caluclator on the Doctor's website but when i input all of my info it gives me a total of 2,762 calories to eat on UD and 967 calories to eat on DD.
    I don't even get to 2,762 on a bad cheat day..what the hell? Did i do something wrong?

Make sure you change the values from kilos/cms to pounds and inches if that's what you use. It automatically populates with metric if you don't change it, and will give you very high calories.