Day 2

ktno1
ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
I think I've realised why I get lower back pain a lot. I have NO muscles down there to support my spine!

Doing those pelvic thrusts and then supermans straight away, my poor lower back muscles were crying! Not in a "we're injured oww please stop" way, just in a "ooooo yeah that's a good burn" way.

This workout flew by too and my mouth fell open when she said we were done because I was sure there had to be one more circuit.

Off to make myself a delicious lunch now. Keep it up everyone!

Replies

• 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Yep this one flew by pretty quick and I did all the advanced moves. I know weeks 1 and 2 are easy so I'm ready for her to kick my *kitten* in week 3. I also did 6.5km on my stationary bike afterwards. My HRM started playing up so I didn't get to use it today. I hope it's okay by tomorrow?

Have a great day ladies!
  • ktno1
    I also did 6.5km on my stationary bike afterwards.

One thing I love about JM's workouts is that, even though I sometimes feel like I'm dying during them, as soon as I'm finished I feel like I could go for a 10k run straight away, no worries. They're really energising and get me pumped for the rest of my day.
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    I agree with all of you that workouts 1 and 2 are pretty easy. Next time I'm going to try to up my weights some more. Didn't do the cardio DVD today since I went for a 6 mile run with my fiance in the morning. But I did do it yesterday and I thought it was fun, except I don't think my neighbours would have felt that way about the running man
  • Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    Finished day 2 workout 2 this morning. My muscles tightened up over the evening/night yesterday so in a bit of pain, but the good kind :)
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Ok, well I thought that the workouts so far were pretty easy! My body seemed to disagree today when I was teaching my fitness class! I'm so sore now
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Hello everyone,

I just received my BR yesterday and plan to start today. I'll be a day behind but i'd love to join your group. How is it going so far?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Finished day 2 :) and yay for cardio tomorrow!
  • ktno1
    Ok, well I thought that the workouts so far were pretty easy! My body seemed to disagree today when I was teaching my fitness class! I'm so sore now

Yep! I thought I was having an easy time until I woke up this morning! Glad it's just cardio today so my poor muscles can have a rest.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Hello everyone,

I just received my BR yesterday and plan to start today. I'll be a day behind but i'd love to join your group. How is it going so far?

Awesome! Glad to have you! Most of us started on Monday, but I know of at least one who started on Sunday. Jump in whenever you are ready!!

I'd say after two days it's going great!!! I'll let you know on week 3 HAHAHAHA
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member

Yep! I thought I was having an easy time until I woke up this morning! Glad it's just cardio today so my poor muscles can have a rest.

Yes, I know this different muscle groups rotation is going to help a lot I hope!
  • ktno1

Yes, I know this different muscle groups rotation is going to help a lot I hope!

I hope so too. I hated the soreness from the shred because I was using the exact same muscle groups every day. On this program we get recovery so hopefully the soreness won't be too bad.
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Hey Ladies...got it done again today. Like you all have said a little sore today and I already know it is going to be worst tomorrow. Funny how we are all happy about the day off to do cardio...LOL Ktn01 I also have a weaker lower back so I know what your saying there. Realized that during Pilates...I was starting to build them up and then did nothing for months. I hope to work them back up over the course of this program.

Lets keep it going ladies...88 days to go!
  • Finished day 2 and ran 2 miles on my treadmill... So happy i found this group, lets do this!!!!!!
  • ktno1
    Hey Ladies...got it done again today. Like you all have said a little sore today and I already know it is going to be worst tomorrow. Funny how we are all happy about the day off to do cardio...LOL Ktn01 I also have a weaker lower back so I know what your saying there. Realized that during Pilates...I was starting to build them up and then did nothing for months. I hope to work them back up over the course of this program.

Lets keep it going ladies...88 days to go!

I've honestly never done enough variety of exercise to experience the extreme weakness of my lower back lol!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    I'm on day 1 but workout went well! Are you all planning to do the cardio twice a week as suggested?
  • ktno1
    I'm on day 1 but workout went well! Are you all planning to do the cardio twice a week as suggested?

Do you mean do the cardio every day for the first week?

If you do...some of us are, some aren't. Those who are already in a routine of regular exercise are mostly giving it a miss.

Personally, I feel like I need it to get my cardio fitness up because I was watching the cardio 2 video and even some of the later workouts and there is no way I'd be able to do them at this point in time. So I'm not really doing it for the "drop up to a dress size in a week" gimmick but more just to increase my fitness as much as possible since I've started this program basically as a couch potato (with a bit of 30 day shred to prepare me).

Or if you just meant are we doing the cardio on days 3 and 6 each week, then yes we're all following that I think and disregard my babbling on!