The Diet Train Came Off The Rails...

Steve1962
Steve1962 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, last week ended up being a lost cause where my diet is concerned. "Steve's Diet Train" became completely derailed.

I had clients in town, so entertaining them led to, well, let's just say it led to a somewhat overzealous caloric intake. It all culminated with my wife making biscuits and gravy on Valentine's Day. She figured since the diet was already shot to Hell that week, why not?

And, Mother of God, they were good.

I weighed in yesterday and, while I didn't lose any weight, I also didn't gain any. So, I'm counting last week as a wash. I guess every seventh week I can enjoy five days of culinary debauchery and get away with it.

Okay, I'm not serious. :bigsmile:

I'm back on the diet now, though, and looking forward to my next weigh-in, in two weeks...

Replies

• kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    I think we all get days like this. The best thing to do is what you are doing. Getting back on that train and keep moving. Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Everyone has days or moments were it can't be helped. Plus size is at least you didn't gain. Now it's time to get back into it and continue working hard. You are doing great!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    I hear ya!! I just spent 5 days in Vegas for hockey, It was a great time for me but not for my caloic intake!! I also maintained my weight which was an act of god I am sure! I am now back on track and will weigh in next Friday. Good job getting back at it, that is the most important thing you can do right now. Keep your chin up, it will be okay!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I am leaving on a road trip tomorrow. Will spend five days with family & friends....eating & socializing. I only hope I can stop short of a complete train derail!! Glad you're back on the tracks again!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Well, last week ended up being a lost cause where my diet is concerned. "Steve's Diet Train" became completely derailed.

It's just TOO easy to slip, isn't it? Grrr @ food.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I am leaving on a road trip tomorrow. Will spend five days with family & friends....eating & socializing. I only hope I can stop short of a complete train derail!! Glad you're back on the tracks again!

Go into it knowing you're not going to cave, and remember one little slip can lead to a landslide way too quickly. :)
This discussion has been closed.