2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    I am still at 2/7 ladies.. run Sunday and walk yesterday. I did not feel well on Monday, Tuesday ...really still yet today... but I am going to force myself to get downstairs and do something here soon!! UGH!!!

Great job getting those workouts in friends!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hello lovely ladies! I'm happy to report that my 3/7 last night was a 3 mile run with my running group. It was so humid! We had a trial run of the 5K course that we're running one week from Saturday, and I just hope it is cooler then! I also got a 3 mile run in on the treadmill this morning so I'm 4/7 for the week. Woo hoo!!! I'm not sure how long it's been since I've managed to get more than 3 workouts in in a week--probably since maternity leave which ended over 3 months ago! That half marathon is only 15 weeks from Sunday so I am set on getting 5 runs a week, two of which have to be early morning runs. I've worked it out with hubby that he has baby duty on the nights before my morning runs so that I don't have an excuse to not get up.

Hope you guys are having a great week. Almost to the weekend! Too bad I'm on call and have to work. :grumble:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I'm here! Got to get back at it. Starting today! 3/7 dancing :0)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I'm at 3/7. Yesterday I was sick (flu like symptoms) and today I unloaded the big food truck and restocked the freezer. Damn those boxes get heavy and when I got home (6 p.m.) I put on my jammies and RELAXED!!!
  • ivykivy
    4/7 15 min Firm 30 WATP
  • wanna_be_fit
    Glad you're back Ivy! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm on call this weekend, so have to work, but that's okay.

5/7 today with a 3 mile treadmill run. This is the first 5/7 week I've had since I was on maternity leave--go me!!!
  • ivykivy
    Thanks Heather
    5/7 Billy's Ab boot camp
  • vhuber
    Friday was 4/7 for me. (I squeezed in a 2.5 mile run)
    Today 5/7 with 2 hrs of unloading our co-op truck and ALL that what goes on to open and close our fresh vegetable/fruit co-op group! I worked my tail off (mainly cuz others are lazy or do not have a clue:noway: :noway: !!!) I even get up in the truck to help the driver! He is VERY appreciative and says no one else in all of his stops even offers, I do it to SPEED the process up and I hate to stand around!!
    I am hoping to get back into my groove next week! Been feeling a little fitness burnout! hmmmm wonder why??:laugh:

Enjoy your Sunday ladies!!
  • makeitallsue
    Glad to see you back Ivy... I give you a shout out and then I disappear! :flowerforyou:

I am having trouble iwth the new laptop that I just purchased in March of this year. I have kept the kids off of it.... and done nothing to it, usuing it mainly to post here and with my sewing machine software. I have done a handleful of jobs this year. The screen appears to be going out on it... ugh!:mad:

Heather... so proud of you.. you have really been hitting the running and sticking with it! YOu will do amazing at your half... no doubt about it!

Verda.... my cyber twin..... I love that you are so giving and helpful... I wish there were not so many states between us... I would help you out! I am having some burnout too. I just haven't felt very well this week. I have been having weird dreams... I have been having food cravings that have been crazy. I have been hungry and tired and cold and well, as you put it... just burned out. I am not really sad or defeated... just tired and over whelmed. I am afraid to weigh myself.. because I logged NOTHING for the last 4 days.... sigh... I ended up with only 3/7 in fitness last week. once Wednesday hit... I had things to do everyday and i was just run, run, running.
    Today we have another meeting with my son's future travel team coach. I think I shared that he had a bunch of offers for travel baseball next year, it was a bit over whelming but we think we made a good choice. We went to what is called a "showcase" last Wednesday which invloves him being put through a tryout like session as if he were in college. We also talked with scouts... it was a huge eye opener...

But... off track there a bit... I am gonna get on it this week. I am thinking of getting a new HIIT program and trying it????? I don't know I may be a tiny bit mad at myself... I lose 5 pounds, then gain it back.... for 2 years now!!! UGH!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Sunday all! I'm 1/7 with a 4.4 mile run in my neighborhood. It is definitely true that 55-60 degrees is the perfect running weather.

Debra and Verda, aka the cybertwins :wink: , hope you guys get some rest, you are a couple busy ladies!! Ivy, keep getting it, girl!
  • vhuber
    I thought I had posted that since Friday night I had been fighting a migraine, on Sat I had to lay down it was getting so bad and when I unloaded our co-op truck it had quit but I had terrible spots on the left eye (the migraine has been on the right side) and after I got home it was in full throb AGAIN until today after I went walking 4 miles (1/7). I ABSOLUTELY needed the fresh air and some moving. I have drank a gallon of water thinking maybe it was from dehydration and had taken Xtra strenght Tylenol. I am glad it is just a slight ache right now!
    Have a great week my fitness friends!!!!
  • vhuber
    I have NOT been bustin my @ss this past couple of weeks and guess what? I have gained about 6 pounds!! This is soooooo frustrating! So today for my 2/7 I did 6 miles (2.5 on the elliptical & 3.5 out running around town while waiting for my GS to get done with school). I better see some of this GONE by next week!!!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 1mile with leslie and taebo basic

Verda your job and unloading is exercise. If I did what you did I would be 25# down!
    Heather - glad to see you are running
    Debra - how did you do with insanity or was it power 90. I'm starting to think more weights less cardio is the way to go for me.

Have a great evening.
  • makeitallsue
    Verda... I know it is hard to see, but I think our age and hormones play havoc with the scale!! I just can't believe it is 6#s that you gained... you haven't really taken it that easy, make a couple well deserved rest days .. :flowerforyou: , I don't think you could take it easy , if you tried. It has to be hormonal... it just has too... I know I still have found no magic answers.... but a big cyber hug to you... I know it is the pits looking at that darn scale!!!

Ivy, the last series I did was the extreme Chalene.. but I only made it to week 6 before I veered off track. When I do them regularly I really feel stronger and I love that. My problem is... I let life take over and I always give up my exercise for whatever else needs done.:mad: I have done insanity too and I loved that one, I am actually looking to buy the series and give it another go. BUt Insanity is more cardio.. and SHaun T is crazy... but I loved/hated him. I actually just heard about a set he has called Rocking Body. I might give that one a try... it taunts dancing the whole time while loosing your tummy... fun and lost inches... I could handle that!
    I am 2/7 for the week a walk Sunday when we got home from baseball.. it was late so I really walked as fast as I could before the sun set.. about 1 1/2 miles in 21 minutes, then I did a lot of house chores, laundry ect. Yesterday I jumped on elliptical right before I started dinner and did interval burst for 30 minutes,plus WU and CD... I can feel it in my chest today... I pushed it! I am finishing some projects upstairs this morning and laundry and plan on doing some weights around 2. I will let you know!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Way to keep getting it ladies!!! I'm 2/7 today with a 3 mile run on my treadmill this morning. Hated getting up at 5:15 to get it in before work, but LOVED having it done for the day!!!
  • vhuber
    OHHHH Heather I totally agree that ANY exercise before 7 a.m. is just not fair..... Good job for gettin er done and out of the way!!!

My back and knees was sore from yesterday's run on pavement so today I did a 5 mile speed walk to earn my 3/7. It was windy and in the 40's so I was sorta cold!!!
  • makeitallsue
    3/7 with close to a 4 mike run, did intervals ,:)
  • makeitallsue
    aha... got that "mike" run in yesterday... posting from my phone, you never know what I am gonna write. :wink:

it was almost a 4 mile run yesterday!

4/7 today with a total body firm workout!!! having a good week with exercise!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    Debra, I'm glad you are FINDING time for YOU and if exercise is that chosen time then be it! IT IS YOUR TIME!!!! WTG!!!!

My 4/7 was another speedy4.5 mile walk with my furries!!! Now IF I could leave ALL junk food alone!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Heather, it is 6 a.m. here in MT and I am done with my treadmill and am ready for work. Just having my coffee and wanted to say good morning & that I was thinking of you at that ungodly hour doing a workout! Yes I feel better knowing I got er done!:wink:
    So I scored my 5/7 EARLY!!!!
    Actually After work today I am helping my son,future daughter in-law & grandson clean the house they just bought (so they can move in this weekend) so I wanted to get some mileage done before I ran out of steam tonite!! It is easy to say I am tired & lay around with the lap top!

I wish you all a fit Thursday!!!!