Weight starting to get me down:(

Options
I was spot on where I wanted to be , early august, i got down to 8.13 I never believed i could possibly do this, now having put a stone back I feel terrible but I just cant movtivate myself, going to college with loads of work and coming home binge eatting after a long day, no motivation to go to the gym. I have piled a stone on and I need to change my ways before I do make a big mistake! :(

Replies

• yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I loved this post! I have put on pounds and can't seem to get back on track.
    It's helpful to hear similar struggles... I believe it's those across the pond who refer to the pounds as stones.
    Anyway, I loved it that you said you couldn't believe you accomplished what you did.
    It's the comfort of eating that is my struggle too... boy, it's a tough one to overcome...that one!
    I'm completely there with you!!
  • sherigambino
    sherigambino Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be to hard on yourself.It takes awhile to gain weight and longer and harder to take off. Use the food application and make a dedication on how many days a week you will work out and how long. The one on my phone really helps me stay on track.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When you get to your goal, you cannot stop or you will start gaining again.

There are two things you can do in life to feel good, diet or change your ways.

Diet- temporarily changing how you eat and exercise to fix what you dont like about your body.
    down fall- you quit once you get to where you want to be, your body resent your for giving up the healthy lifestyle and starts gaining weight and fat... Also, you are miserable because of this

Change your ways- Permanently changing the way you eat and your activity level, which in turn gives you a better image, and better health. This is not temporary it is something you continue to do until you die.
    down fall- there is no downfall.

DONT DIET! Change your ways! You can do it. I did. If it helps to motivate you, check out my profile and see how much weight I have lost since July 9th and remember. I am NOT dieting. I love the changes I have made, and do NOT plan on giving in to thinking "Oh I am healthy. I got this. Time to slack off!"
  • Stephyotis
    Stephyotis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the SAME boat. Last summer I was the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult, and now I'm up 20lbs from that. I wasn't even at goal then, so I'm reallllly far from it now. I'm so low and discouraged about it. I work, go to school full time and have no energy to get my butt to the gym! I secretly eat badly. I eat pretty healthy in front of others, so I'm basically just maintaining this heavier weight.

I know I need to snap myself out of this! I think what we need to do is force ourselves to get to the gym. Give ourselves a goal. Maybe it won't be working out every day (at least not right away) but we could say we need to get to the gym 3 times in a week. Then every time we get there, we will feel that sense of pride (and the endorphins do so much for increasing mood!). In terms of eating, we need to use MFP and be honest. Take baby steps. And celebrate every success. Attitude is everything and I know that by being down lately, I'm only defeating myself.

We can support one another! I know you can do this!
  • inufan4evar
    inufan4evar Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel my friend. I had lost 26 pounds going from 173 to 147 and i was feeling so great, but around that time i felt like i wasn't doing anything that well and i had gained back back 5 pounds and that stayed constant for a good 13 months and then i managed to gain back the 21 pounds previously because i had hit a HUGE depression.

I'm starting to go to the gym again but i'm always getting these random sad thoughts, thinking should i ever bother to keep going, am i just ment to be fat all the time or for the rest of my life? And it's really hard to picture myself being skinny because the last time i was i wasonly 7 and i hardly even remember that. But yeah, i am in major need of motivational support so any friends i would love to have some more friends for support.

And don't worry, you'll get out of it, your strong and things ARE and WILL get better for you, you'll see. :)
  • country91
    country91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is getting off your butt and out the door. Don't think about it, just do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8xdjWYIOP4 -- this usually gets me motivated to workout.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well I can certainly understand why this is getting you down, but please try to look at it another way. This is just a bump in the road, a little hiccup. You have all the tools to lose weight and you can do it again. This time you will learn some new things maybe and will be able to make it a permanent lifestyle change.
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya... I am a grad student and after a long day at work sometimes all I wanna do is come home and pig out lol... its tough. And I know its also tough to find the motivation and time to go to the gym... especially if you have to go out of your way. I donno if you have a gym on campus but I do, so there is really no reason for me not to go! Lol. Hang in there! ;-) I'm going to add you so we can support eachother!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but the key is not to get emotional about it. Just get back on track. Even if your heart's not in it, just take the steps that need to be taken, one at a time. (Because there's no question the formulas work. It's just true that if you cut 10-20% calories from maintenance, keep protein high, walk for 30 minutes if you can't do anything else, you *will* lose weight, like it or not.)

Planning will help you from being caught when you're on campus. Invest in tupperware & a leak-proof lunch box, if you haven't got those. When you make your dinner in the evening, prep your lunch at the same time. (It doesn't create immunity to a thai curry lunch, but I certainly feel awful about wasting food.)

I honestly think if you simply act, the feeling will follow soon.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It happens move on. You will gain more stones by being down. Then you will be really pissed because you went backwards. I am dealing with similar. I have lost 70lbs but I have another 90 to go.Scale isn't moving but I will keep pushing. Re-*kitten* what your doing and what you can do to make it better. Anything else let that ish go.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but the key is not to get emotional about it. Just get back on track. Even if your heart's not in it, just take the steps that need to be taken, one at a time. (Because there's no question the formulas work. It's just true that if you cut 10-20% calories from maintenance, keep protein high, walk for 30 minutes if you can't do anything else, you *will* lose weight, like it or not.)

Planning will help you from being caught when you're on campus. Invest in tupperware & a leak-proof lunch box, if you haven't got those. When you make your dinner in the evening, prep your lunch at the same time. (It doesn't create immunity to a thai curry lunch, but I certainly feel awful about wasting food.)

I honestly think if you simply act, the feeling will follow soon.