DAY 3!

doing day 3 today as soon as I get home from uni. who's with me? :D I don't even feel that sore today, yet I could hardly keep up with the workout yesterday. am I doing something wrong? haha. maybe I'm just getting stronger, let's hope so ;)

what exercise do you find the most hard? and which one do you think you're already getting better at?

Replies

• neasy23
    neasy23 Posts: 47
    Are you in Va Beach?? If so, we are neighbors! And I am on day 3 today too!!!
  • neasy23
    neasy23 Posts: 47
    Did you have a hard time keeping up breathing wise or muscle wise? If its breathing wise, maybe thats why you aren't too sore. I wasn't nearly as sore after Day 2 than I was after Day 1. (big break of 5 days in between to recover and do some Couch 25K)
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    @Sophie great job at day 3 plans!! You are doing amazing! I will be knocking out my day 2 today and day 3 tommorow. Way to stay shredding girlie!
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    day 3 done. I'm close to my goal for the week of 10 real consecutive push ups ...looks like I'll shoot for 15 instead.

side note...after 3 days I can do 1 real pull-up...never thought that would happen so soon
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    I have found that I haven't been nearly as sore the last couple of workouts as I was after day 1 as well. I do try to push myself during the workouts and notice I get kind of out of breath and can feel my legs burning during the workout, but the next day I'm not really sore. Maybe we are just getting stronger!! Just not strong enough to do real push-ups yet! My goal is to be doing real push ups before I go up to the level 2 workout.

Good luck and hope everyone is having fun shredding!!
  • healthyversionofme
    day 3 done. I'm close to my goal for the week of 10 real consecutive push ups ...looks like I'll shoot for 15 instead.

side note...after 3 days I can do 1 real pull-up...never thought that would happen so soon
    amazing!! im so excited about this group! we are going to be surprised at how strong we are at the end of this!
  • sofievb
    sofievb Posts: 54
    Did you have a hard time keeping up breathing wise or muscle wise? If its breathing wise, maybe thats why you aren't too sore. I wasn't nearly as sore after Day 2 than I was after Day 1. (big break of 5 days in between to recover and do some Couch 25K)

no, breathing wise I'm fine! the cardio and abs bits are the easiest for me, it's the strength training that kills me! I find it weird that I'm not too sore, but I think I can live with it ;) I know I'm working hard because EVERYTHING hurts during the exercises!
  • sofievb
    Are you in Va Beach?? If so, we are neighbors! And I am on day 3 today too!!!

nope, I'm from holland!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Haven't decided if this is a rest day or day 3 yet. I spent 2 hours 45 minutes digging rocks and clay to create a new flower bed last evening.

It's really depressing to be working so hard yet be so far from goal. I know I've improved weight-wise and fitness-wise, but I feel positively blubbery today.
  • sofievb
    OMG the push ups are getting easier!
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Today is day 4 for me. I really don't want to do it, but I'll be in it with you! My kids have sports stuff this weekend and I don't exactly know what the schedule will be (one is a tournament), so I'm going go for it today and take a rest day tomorrow. Thanks for motivating me. :)

I am still sore, but nothing after Day1.

The hardest things for me are the lunges with the biceps curls simply because my balance is terrible and the pushups. I am also having trouble with all the up and down from the mat. It seems to be triggering vertigo - nothing like the room starting to spin while trying to get through the shred.
  • Today is day 4 for me. I really don't want to do it, but I'll be in it with you! My kids have sports stuff this weekend and I don't exactly know what the schedule will be (one is a tournament), so I'm going go for it today and take a rest day tomorrow. Thanks for motivating me. :)

I am still sore, but nothing after Day1.

The hardest things for me are the lunges with the biceps curls simply because my balance is terrible and the pushups. I am also having trouble with all the up and down from the mat. It seems to be triggering vertigo - nothing like the room starting to spin while trying to get through the shred.

Yes I also get very dizzy going from standing to mat and up again. I am glad I am not the only one!!! Just make the changes a little slower and don't start the next exercise until you are no longer dizzy :)
  • healthyversionofme
    Haven't decided if this is a rest day or day 3 yet. I spent 2 hours 45 minutes digging rocks and clay to create a new flower bed last evening.

It's really depressing to be working so hard yet be so far from goal. I know I've improved weight-wise and fitness-wise, but I feel positively blubbery today.

i am with you on that feeling...staying motivated is hard...somehow lets dig deep for these 6 weeks and hopefully we will have the jumpstart we need to continue on this journey! hang in there! If you dont feel like it today, then rest.....but get up tommorow and shred!
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    So, I decided to sleep in a little before my "big girl" job this morning and not shred. All morning I was thinking in my head I should have just worked out instead, plus didn't want to admit to everyone else that i skipped it. But I just got cut from the night shift for my 2nd job, and have already decided that when I get home the first thing I am doing is the shred. Thanks for helping to keep me on track everyone. Happy Shredding! :happy:
  • Cathyes24
    Cathyes24 Posts: 71 Member
    Day 3 Done!!!!

Taking Tomorrow & Sunday off ..... That's my 2 days I'm taking to hard to get it in on the weekends.

Monday I'm going to try n do the real push ups ... Need to stop doing the girlie wall push ups already, time to be a big girl n do the big girl push ups!

Over all great Day 3 & seems like I sweated a lot more Today WoooHoooo Fat Be Gone :-)

Good Luck on Day 3 Everyone :-)
  • healthyversionofme
    Day 3 this morning...feeling great to have pushed through on a Saturday! Motivation: Anita's abs lol. Still hate bicep lunges....:huh:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    O.k. - finishing up my morning coffee here, then it's time to shred!

I tried yesterday, but my right knee was screaming at me. I hope it's o.k. today. I strained it in a fall a few weeks ago.
  • I was sore all day and dreading it, but as soon as I got into it, I was golden.
    I was able to do about 30 modified push ups today.

I remember the days where I could do 50 normals. Must get back into shape!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    I just completed my day 3 =)

Today is also the first day I'm using a FitBit. I don't know if it was just *knowing* that I had something (potentially - haven't really figured out how to use it yet) monitoring my movements or what but I was able to get thru a lot more of the workouts with less breaking.

I was only able to so 15 consecutive pushups in the first part and then only 8 in the 2nd =( Oh well, that's better than the 6 from day one!

I also sweated a LOT more.

My ankles are really really sore today, but I think it's from wearing higher heels than normal all afternoon/evening yesterday for a wedding. Everything else just feels regularly sore lol.

You guys are all doing so well! I'm so glad that I have you all here w/ me on this journey. I'm really hoping this is the one where I stick to it! <3
  • healthyversionofme
    I just completed my day 3 =)

Today is also the first day I'm using a FitBit. I don't know if it was just *knowing* that I had something (potentially - haven't really figured out how to use it yet) monitoring my movements or what but I was able to get thru a lot more of the workouts with less breaking.

I was only able to so 15 consecutive pushups in the first part and then only 8 in the 2nd =( Oh well, that's better than the 6 from day one!

I also sweated a LOT more.

My ankles are really really sore today, but I think it's from wearing higher heels than normal all afternoon/evening yesterday for a wedding. Everything else just feels regularly sore lol.

You guys are all doing so well! I'm so glad that I have you all here w/ me on this journey. I'm really hoping this is the one where I stick to it! <3
    great job on a sunday workout!