only in Arkansas...ugh

pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
486791_409265572467709_204281387_n.jpg

and 30 minutes from my house...lol Anybody else have any unusual festivals around them? Oh, I can't leave out Toad Suck Daze which is in may every year in the same town my business is in..haha

Replies

• stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Hahahahahaha. That's awesome! I'm sure that before too long, that will catch on and be an annual event in my county!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Alcohol free?

Not good enough.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    Honey Boo Boo?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I don't think it's very redneck without alcohol!
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    I don't think it's very redneck without alcohol!

Imposters!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Yes, it's called NASCAR. I live near one of the bigger speedways. In fact there's a race this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of this around town.

UULBX.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    believe me...in that town, they will be sneaking beer in diaper bags and route 44 drink cups! lol
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Only in Arkansas...... Not NWA though!! Muahahahahahaha!! Although I'm sure we have some unusual festivals up here that I haven't heard about.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,022 Member

I totally forgot about that!
  • 486791_409265572467709_204281387_n.jpg

and 30 minutes from my house...lol Anybody else have any unusual festivals around them? Oh, I can't leave out Toad Suck Daze which is in may every year in the same town my business is in..haha

Don't forget about Pickle Fest in Atkins.....lmao just goes to show that we can find any excuse to have a party cause everyone knows that beer and pickles go hand in hand.
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    I do believe the Pea Ridge Mule Jump is this weekend :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    That's tomorrow, Nate! Can we go!? PLEASEEEE!
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    There were weekly mud rides where I lived, Hope... along with the Watermelon Fest. The Chicken and Egg Fest in Emmett, I think. The Brick Fest in Malvern... fun time in Arkansas.
  • In Tennessee (not too much better than Arkansas) I can think of the RC and MoonPie festival and this weekend I'm running in the Goo Goo Cluster hog and jog. Unfortunately, I'll end up in the red on Saturday thanks to the requirement of eating 6 goo goo clusters (which is like a candy bar but round, peanuts, caramel, marshmallow and chocolate) in the middle of the 4mi run.
    Nearby in KY, there is a tobacco festival.

I can probably think of many more as my husband loves these things.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    The International Eelpout Festival, held in Walker, MN
    celebrates the ugliest [parasitic] fish on the planet

http://www.eelpoutfestival.com/
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Mountain View has the Bean Fest and Outhouse Races at the end of this month I think.
  • pawnstarNate

You betcha...I'm signing you up for the cow chip throwing contest right now. Bring your own germ-x though, k? ;)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member

You betcha...I'm signing you up for the cow chip throwing contest right now. Bring your own germ-x though, k? ;)
    I'm definitely in :) I'm going to fit right in up there! Got my germ-x on a keychain hooked to my purse, I'm all set! Pick me up at 5....am.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    hahahah a friend of mine just moved to Arkansas (from Michigan) .... been a bit of a shocker for her.

Moved from a city of 50 thousand to a town of 8 thousand

I am a bit jealous of the cost of living though