terrible nightly hunger pangs

hello everyone.
I started this calorie counting diet 3 days ago. previously I was on atkin's but could not handle the savory taste of everything. Ive gone well over my calorie count for the last 3 days from nightly hunger pangs, which I never had on atkins. how can I avoid those terrible 10-11pm hanger pangs while counting calories? I much prefer this style of dieting but its v difficult.:noway:

Replies

• hello everyone.
    I started this calorie counting diet 3 days ago. previously I was on atkin's but could not handle the savory taste of everything. Ive gone well over my calorie count for the last 3 days from nightly hunger pangs, which I never had on atkins. how can I avoid those terrible 10-11pm hanger pangs while counting calories? I much prefer this style of dieting but its v difficult.:noway:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    can you try to make one of your snacks or meals a bit smaller during the day so you can have a snack at night? or cut a few calories out of every meal to add up to a snack at night or exersice a few minutes more to add a feww extra calories for a snack?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    If your meeting your caloiric intake, but still feeling hungry, it could be one of a few things, the simplest being, your not getting the right nutrience, make sure you fill your fiber and protein goals, if you don't, I assure you, you will feel hungrier throughout the day. If that isn't it, then maybe your not getting enough water? Other then those two, I'm not sure, maybe it's a disorder, I've heard of disorders that can make you feel hungry even when you aren't. I'm no doctor though, you may want to talk to a nutritionist.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Do you know how many calories you were getting before? If your going from 2,000 to 1,500, you're going to feel some hunger pains the first couple of days. Smaller meals, more often helps a lot of people. I went for three weeks with hunger almost all the time before I got used to....1,800-2,000 calories a day! I exercise a move around quite a bit though.
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    you know what you can do to make your cals stay in check, everytime you eat take little tiny bites then drink a big gulp of water it will make you full faster and you wont have to eat your whole meal then you can take thoughs few bites when you get them pains and drink alot of water
  • Try grapefruit at night it's very fulfilling.... if you feel like sweet cup of skim milk with one spoon of cacao (less calories) it's the best

Good luck