Dieting for Fat Loss/Training for Endurance and Strength

Options
2»

Replies

• marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How about just eliminating the meat? Go strictly raw/vegan. Try to eat TONS of greens during the day. Juice the kale with some apples and carrots. Kale Salad. Collard green wraps. Some nuts/seeds.
    Why do you have that specific goal? Because your profile pic looks awesomely strong!

That's silly - do you have any idea how much i would have to eat to meet my caloric requirements? I've done raw, vegan cleansing diets in the past for up to a month at a time and lost muscle mass, not to mention copious amounts of time chopping **** up. My body needs protein or I get flabby.
  • warsenic
    Options
    I've got a fast heart and probably oxygenate differently than most people. It's really annoying because people hear I've got a RHR of 80 and think I am really out of shape. I am up in the 190s while sprinting and go over "max" all of the time. I'm just made strangely.

If it makes you feel better, my resting heart rate is around 94. Then I hit around 194 while running.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    True!
    someone your size could effective lose the fat at about 2k-2400 daily with high emphasis on carbs.
    I dont do the "Eat back calories" thing either.
    I just set MFP to a static number and try to stick to that...well not over the past week but usually!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    estimated burn would be 900-1000 calories.
    calories consumed: 1,781/133 protein/190 carbs/47 fat/34 fiber

Eat more! Make sure you net AT LEAST 1200, probably closer to 15-1700.

right well the whole "net" thing doesn't work when the algorithms are not taking into consideration fluctuations in metabolic processes between individuals.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what that means....
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    True!
    someone your size could effective lose the fat at about 2k-2400 daily with high emphasis on carbs.
    I dont do the "Eat back calories" thing either.
    I just set MFP to a static number and try to stick to that...well not over the past week but usually!

What do you mean by "high emphasis on carbs?" I read some books about endurance training and they suggested higher carb ratios (up to 80%) but also indicated that running on reduced carbs wasn't really an issue because your body should burn fat for energy. Of course in racing situations, more carbs are ideal for sustained, quick energy. While I do want to be fast, I also want to maintain my muscle mass, so I try for more of a balanced intake
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How about just eliminating the meat? Go strictly raw/vegan. Try to eat TONS of greens during the day. Juice the kale with some apples and carrots. Kale Salad. Collard green wraps. Some nuts/seeds.
    Why do you have that specific goal? Because your profile pic looks awesomely strong!

That's silly - do you have any idea how much i would have to eat to meet my caloric requirements? I've done raw, vegan cleansing diets in the past for up to a month at a time and lost muscle mass, not to mention copious amounts of time chopping **** up. My body needs protein or I get flabby.

Serious? What kind of an answer is this? Do you know there is a TON of protein in vegan options? What do you think of this: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/
    There are a TON of HUGE FIT STRONG vegan athletes. Serena Williams, Georges Laracque, NBA NHL and NFL players.
    Someone hasn't really done their research.