Why is this happening?

Options
Why are six weeks of everything going fine I gain weight, this always happens to me and this is where i usually end up giving up. I have decided I am so sick of being fat and worthess i lower my calorie intake workout more whatever it takes....should I go down to 500 a day? Or like 800? Idk what to do ... I didn't think I could hate myself so much.....ty for reading.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Do you read these forums? If you do, you'd know that weight loss isn't a linear journey. If you are eating right(calories in v calories out) and getting some physical activity(cardio + weights is best if possible), then IT WILL work eventually. 6 weeks of progress then one week or so of non progress is NOTHING in the grand scheme. I've said it before, and so have many others, but I'll say it again: THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES! THERE ARE NO MAGIC FORMULA'S! THERE IS NO SECRET! It is a long and sometimes very hard journey. Unless there is a medical reason you can't lose weight on the traditional formula(eating right/exercise) then YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT IF YOU STICK TO IT! If you continue to believe that weight loss is supposed to be easy and steady, then YOU WILL FAIL! Buck up, get off the pity train and keep pushing forward.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Also, extreme calorie restriction is unhealthy and counterproductive. It is unhealthy because it is harder to get adequate nutrients on so few calories. It is counterproductive because you body begins to worry about the fact that it is getting so few calories, and adjusts the speed of your metabolism to accommodate what it assumes is the beginning of a famine.

*cheerleading section*
    You can do it! Just remember not to get discouraged by the blips and remember that the ultimate goal is health, not the number on the scale (though the two are correlated)!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says that you've lost 16lbs, so congratulations for that! Keep exercising and keep following your food plan. Your diary is closed, so no one can even begin to give you any specific help until you open it. Try opening the diary and don't get too discouraged.
  • warsenic
    Options
    No offense but all the weight you want to lose? Did you gain that in 6 weeks?
    Why do you think that it would take 6 weeks to lose?

You have made progress. 16 pounds is a lot! It's amazing.
    Don't let one stumble get in the way of your journey.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have gone a month without losing a pound. Please don't give up. Keep your eye on your goal.
    Yes I get frustrated at times, but I have learned that I can't quit.
    We are all here to help you!
    good luck!!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sorry about the drama I am gonna stick with this and not weigh myself in the morning when I am grumpy since I am not a morning person! This site has helped me a lot seeing all these people do it I have to be able to. Very encouraging people ty all.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Do you read these forums? If you do, you'd know that weight loss isn't a linear journey. If you are eating right(calories in v calories out) and getting some physical activity(cardio + weights is best if possible), then IT WILL work eventually. 6 weeks of progress then one week or so of non progress is NOTHING in the grand scheme. I've said it before, and so have many others, but I'll say it again: THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES! THERE ARE NO MAGIC FORMULA'S! THERE IS NO SECRET! It is a long and sometimes very hard journey. Unless there is a medical reason you can't lose weight on the traditional formula(eating right/exercise) then YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT IF YOU STICK TO IT! If you continue to believe that weight loss is supposed to be easy and steady, then YOU WILL FAIL! Buck up, get off the pity train and keep pushing forward.

perfectly stated!

and you're not worthless - selflove is so important in weightloss doll! without it, youll never give yourself recognition and start seeing ur results- hence, youll continue to dog yourself and youll never want to keep at it. you got this - one meal at a time....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    um . . . no. you should eat properly between your BMR and TDEE.
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    Just be faithful to the idea that this is a change for life, and that nothing and no one can stop you! I'm learning to see all of the unhealthy food that is thrown our way as a type of obstacle course, and there are plenty of people out there who know they shouldn't fill their bodies with that mess--people who loves us--who will try to sabotage us to feel better about themselves. Make sure you are eating enough calories to stay out of starvation mode. Pay attention to what your diaries are telling you. Fill your life with activities, food, and people who will give you a healthy, loving, well-balanced life no matter what the tag on your clothing is telling you.
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I did weight loss on a program and everybody shedded the pounds like crazy...except me. I lost a pound one week, not even a pound the next week, and so on. Others lost 14-20 lbs the first month, I lost barely 3lbs on a 1400 cal diet. I thought I am doing something wrong. Plus nobody noticed the pounds that came down which was frustrating too. But after month 3 and 4 people finally noticed. And reading the other peoples blogs that lost so quickly, they came to a standstill and started gaining. Give yourself some time and your body has to adjust. But if you go below 1000 cal your body gonna go into starvation mode and you will loose nothing. Stick with it. You can do it!!!! Good luck. And chin up.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Need to get into your head that this is a journey to health. Weight loss is one result. It takes dedication, hard work one bite at a time. Its not instantaneous or linear as others have stated.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    All the advice on here is great, so take it into consideration first.

Here's the deal... if you go down to that 500 a day you will see "results" for awhile. Long story short, it won't last and you'll have to work a lot to get back to what you should be eating. So not a good idea (trust me).

And the most important thing to remember is to stay dedicated to a healtier and more active way. You may not see results like others around you, but keep trucking on little missy.

Also, a lot of people recommend dieting and exercising on a regular basis for 6-8 weeks than taking a few days straight "break" (obviously not going TOO crazy while off of it lol). This sounds exactly like what you need. To give you time to recover mentally. Then during that time you can re-evaluate your plan of attack and goals.