Talk me off the edge...

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member

Again read her posts, it is clear she was in the mood.

There's an easy way to get the answer to this, to clear up a lot of assumptions being made.

Amazona, were you ready to throw down and that was your signal? Or were you just getting a little extra handsy?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I grew up in a Christian home, and was basically brow beat that sex before marriage would destroy the world.

Ah. I get it. You're bitter. I can't help you with that.

Guess what? Non-religious women like to wait a little bit for sex too. You can discount what I'm saying if you want to, but it might actually help you understand the women you're with.

I'm in the mood all the time. I'm in the mood right now actually. Doesn't mean I wanna go all the way, even if BB were here.

If you keep going through life thinking that every time a woman gets aroused that means "do it," I'm worried you'll end up alone. Because many women don't work that way.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Or were you just getting a little extra handsy?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This made me laugh out loud Kits - HANDSY!!!!! hahahaha, love it!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    I grew up in a Christian home, and was basically brow beat that sex before marriage would destroy the world.

Ah. I get it. You're bitter. I can't help you with that.

Guess what? Non-religious women like to wait a little bit for sex too. You can discount what I'm saying if you want to, but it might actually help you understand the women you're with.

I'm in the mood all the time. I'm in the mood right now actually. Doesn't mean I wanna go all the way, even if BB were here.

If you keep going through life thinking that every time a woman gets aroused that means "do it," I'm worried you'll end up alone. Because many women don't work that way.

Lol, Nice personal attacks I am sure they add validity to your argument.

No I won't shoot personal attacks against you in response, although you at this point are an easy target, just letting you know.

Sigh, when you are in the mood your religion PROHIBITS you to engage in it. She does not have that.

Your argument has no bearing.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    I'm a little late to the thread, but you really shouldn't stress if you don't hear from him every single day at this point. While the call may not have been the best idea, it's too late now, and you should just move on.

How long have you known him -- a couple weeks? I'm always sort of amazed that people expect that you must start talking every day to someone just because you went on a couple of dates with them, or start panicking when they don't get a call or text every day. In fact, (and I realize others may disagree and call this "game playing"), I think it is a good thing to not talk every day in the early stages of dating. In my experience, retaining a little mystery isn't a bad thing, or letting him start to wonder why he hasn't heard from you, what you are doing, and who you are doing it with.

I'm just a bit beyond where you are with my latest guy. Yesterday we had date seven (first date was three weeks ago), and we still don't talk every day. We talk or see each other around 5 days a week. As a matter of fact, we talked briefly by text on Thursday, didn't talk Friday, so when we went out on Saturday night, he told me "It feels like forever since I talked to you!" I teased him -- "it's only been a day!" I would much rather have that reaction, then for him to be getting tired of hearing from me by this point. I don't do the "good morning" texts. They are just unnecessary, in my view. (And yes, I am crazy about this guy.)

I think you should just step back a little bit and relax. (And yes, I know how hard that is! I think dates 3-5 are the most nerve wracking in a lot of ways because by then you realize how much you like the person and that you have something to lose if you screw things up.)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    aVZgT-120x91.gif
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Okay,I have given everyone all the latitude needed so from this point on please get back to the OP.
  • TheKitsune6

No I won't shoot personal attacks against you in response, although you at this point are an easy target, just letting you know.

I don't know where people get the idea that saying "I'm not going to make personal attacks, but there's a lot to say" isn't in and of itself an insult. That;s like pointing a gun at someone and then saying "I just saved your life because I chose not to shoot you". Uhhh, sure, I guess.

Sigh, when you are in the mood your religion PROHIBITS you to engage in it. She does not have that.

She -clearly- stated that she didn't want to go all the way until there was exclusivity. That has nothing to do with religion, you're the one that brought it up and started using it against Janie as a way to tell her that her opinion doesn't matter. Just because Amazona doesn't have religious morals telling her not to get straight up down and dirty, doesn't mean she can't have her own set to live by - which she obviously does.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Looks like everything is okay with Amazona and that guy right now.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    aVZgT-120x91.gif

^^This is awesome... I :love: Steven Colbert! This is ALMOST turning into a religion debate but not?! I think Janie's points are still valid whether she would go further than Amazona or not. As someone WITH those same religious beliefs though, I don't know that it's stopped me from doing things I think I shouldn't...it just makes me stop and think, so really even if that's not what's driving Amazona, I don't think it makes us any different. I still like to play a bit even if I'm not intending for it to go further!

I'm glad to hear that he text you back, Amazona! If only all women could get out of their own heads long enough to just enjoy the ride, haha.... oh wait, that's what Single Peeps is here to help with!:drinker:
  • zachatta

I don't know where people get the idea that saying "I'm not going to make personal attacks, but there's a lot to say" isn't in and of itself an insult. That;s like pointing a gun at someone and then saying "I just saved your life because I chose not to shoot you". Uhhh, sure, I guess.

She -clearly- stated that she didn't want to go all the way until there was exclusivity. That has nothing to do with religion, you're the one that brought it up and started using it against Janie as a way to tell her that her opinion doesn't matter. Just because Amazona doesn't have religious morals telling her not to get straight up down and dirty, doesn't mean she can't have her own set to live by - which she obviously does.

No it wasn't a personal attack. I did not insult her once, you should highlight where I insulted her character.

The point that was made was, she would not be so selective about her sexuality if she wasn't religious.

Also, she is placing a blanket moral AT WHICH YOU YOURSELF SPOKE AGAINST that all women should wait for sex.

She claims this is a global moral that applies to women, when in recent posts you have made the statement

that there is no arbitrary timeline. It is whenever it feels right.

Nice contradicting yourself.

And again as far as OP is concerned, if you read her posts, it is more than obvious she wanted more.

She even talked about the high amounts of excitement and sexual tension, read page 2.

Stop arguing arbitrarily when you have nothing to argue.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Okay,I have given everyone all the latitude needed so from this point on please get back to the OP.

Carl, silly question, but why are you stifling debate?? Since when is it against the 'rules' to go off on a tangent??

We always do this in here?? Don't we? :huh:
  • TheKitsune6

No it wasn't a personal attack. I did not insult her once, you should highlight where I insulted her character.

The point that was made was, she would not be so selective about her sexuality if she wasn't religious.

Also, she is placing a blanket moral AT WHICH YOU YOURSELF SPOKE AGAINST that all women should wait for sex.

She claims this is a global moral that applies to women, when in recent posts you have made the statement

that there is no arbitrary timeline. It is whenever it feels right.

Nice contradicting yourself.

And again as far as OP is concerned, if you read her posts, it is more than obvious she wanted more.

She even talked about the high amounts of excitement and sexual tension, read page 2.

Stop arguing arbitrarily when you have nothing to argue.

I refuse to debate this any further at the point where people start making things up and putting words in other peoples mouths because they can't argue the actual points.

I'm out.
  • Carl01
    Do you people not read,I said enough and get back to the OP.
    This constant arguing endlessly is not going to continue anymore,state your disagreements have a discussion of them and move on.
    My patience with this crap is over.
    Have some respect for each other,for myself,NC and Sherri and also those that lurk who might be discouraged to post on fear it will be attacked.

I do not intend to keep repeating these warnings over and over and discussions are underway as to how to fix it as clearly being passive and letting people work out their differences quickly in discussions and move on as in the past is not working anymore.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member

Carl, silly question, but why are you stifling debate?? Since when is it against the 'rules' to go off on a tangent??

I understand your concern, Anna. The goal is never to stifle conversation and of course tangents happen every day ALL day on these threads. They make this a very interesting, entertaining place.

Yet, given what's happened the last few weeks, it feels like there is a need to stop some of the issues earlier. Already in this thread, the attacks are small and growing again. Small enough where it can either lead to getting worse or small enough where two people can agree to disagree and not feel the need to win a battle. I don't think any of us want to repeat what happened last week....
  • Carl01

Not off on a tangent but anger and arguments that do not benefit the board.
    If everyone wants to have daily pissing contests then they shouldsay so,it makes it pointless to have moderators or rules,as it is nothing more then a free for all.
    I am fine with that and will happily step down.

If everyone wants decorum and respectful discussions even when not in agreement then there have to be guidelines to keep that happening.
    As I just said,self policing is not working any longer and it seems there are folks coming here now just to look for things to get riled up over.
  • zachatta
    Hi I am Zach haha.

I can be very argumentative, but keep in mind nothing I say is personal, or any personal attacks.

I am a ridiculously persistent against logical inconsistencies, which is why I am a sucker for these threads.

Anyways, I am glad OP's situation worked out her favor, and let us hope it eventually leads

to where she wants it to be :)
  • TheKitsune6
    Hi I am Zach haha.

I can be very argumentative, but keep in mind nothing I say is personal, or any personal attacks.

I am a ridiculously persistent against logical inconsistencies, which is why I am a sucker for these threads.

Anyways, I am glad OP's situation worked out her favor, and let us hope it eventually leads

to where she wants it to be :)

Well, at least you're pretty! Haha, :wink: :drinker:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I wasn't trying to have sex. Just wanted to move 1 step past kissing where it was more of kissing and embracing. Yes, maybe under my shirt was a little more risky so I'll rethink that next time. Definately didn't want to get down!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    These types of b*tches deserve far less respect than the chicks who will do you in the parking lot 5 minutes after buying them a shot.

Man, I'm going to the wrong bars...

--P