2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    You ladies are killing it!!! I earned my 3/7 last night with a run with my running group. I was planning an early morning run today, but alas it was not meant to be. My hubby took Blake to the Pediatrician yesterday for his 6 mo check, and she told him to stop feeding Blake in the middle of the night. Rather than wean him and give him progressively less and less formula at the 3am feed, hubby decided that we should try cold turkey--not his best decision! Poor Blake cried from 3:00 until 3:45 when I finally made hubby go give him 3 ounces (he's used to getting 6). Blake then fell right back to sleep, but of course I was wide awake until 4:30!!! When my alarm went off at 5:15, after only getting about 4 hours sleep I decided my body needed the extra hour of sleep more than it needed a 4 mile run because it has been a HECK of a week and I am worn out! I don't want to get myself sick right before my 5K race this weekend so I decided to be kind to my body. Besides, our running coach recommended that we not run again until our race on Saturday, so I would have been going against her advice if I had gotten my exhausted body on the treadmill this morning. :wink:

Keep up the fabulous work, and I promise I'll be 4/7 this week after Saturday's race!!! :happy:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Good choice Heather! Good luck this weekend!!

I am 4/7 with a speed walk/run last evening before game. I am taking today off ( just not feeling it) and will fit in 5/7 tomorrow!

Have a great weekend ladies....
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I took Friday off cuz I spent 5+ hrs cleaning the bathroom in the house my son and the mother of my grandson bought. A VERY nice home last owned by a DOCTOR. It was a DIRTY. She & I spent 7 hours on just the kitchen and like I said 5 hrs on a single bathroom!! Today I plan to bike & then my weekend is loaded with to do's including carving the pumpkin with Keenan!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Ha.. Verda..so weird... I ened up spending yesterday cleaning too. I actualy pulled the fridge, stove, etc out...cleaned behind, on top and under all areas.. plus worked on bathroom before I had to stop to get ready for the football game. I only cleaned for about 4 hours.. but worked up the tendinitis in my wrists... hahaha

Today I have been a bit lazy.. but plan to get moving soon!
  • vhuber
    Earned my 6/7 with a 15.5 mile bike ride!!!
    Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    4/7 yesterday with my 5K race--except turns out it was actually 3.4 miles rather than the 3.1 miles that a 5K is supposed to be. I had my best pace ever with 3.4 miles in 32 minutes. Today I'm 1/7 with a 4.5 mile run in my neighborhood.

How yucky, Verda!! What a good Mom you are to help out with the cleaning. I will tell you that doctors can definitely be dirty. We bought our house from an elderly couple who were both doctors and it was a mess when we moved in! It was way more house than the 80 year old couple could handle and keep clean. I can't talk though, because I pay someone to come in every other week to do the major cleaning. I just don't have enough free time as it is, and what little time I do have I'd rather spend with the family instead of spending it cleaning toilets!!!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!
  • vhuber
    Heather, LOVE,LOVE LOVE the NEW pic's!! What a BEAUTIFUL family!!! Blake is SOOOOOO adorable & your daughter is such a cutie pie!! Lucky parents you are!!!
    Smart lady on hiring someone to come clean when you are soooo dang swamped! This family should have done that ugh!!!!
    GREAT runs you have got in, good girl!!!!

I ran 3.75 & walked .25 today to earn my 1/7!!!
  • makeitallsue
    1/7 with a total body workout with weights.
    I have decided to stop eating all of my exercise calories back. I am not loosing... And I should be..it has to be calories in... I think my metabolism is just to slow????
    Going to stick with 1200 a day for a couple weeks, maybe a month and see where I am from there.
  • makeitallsue
    Heather.. Awesome time on you're race!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Way to change it up Deb! I'm going to try something next week too, I'll start another 11 week challenge on here along with The Body Rev again. Plus do something with less carbs & more protein.

Yes Heather, shame on me that I did not congrat you on your race, Iwas soooo excited about your new pic's that I forgot to say something!!! You did great and your only going to get better!!!!

Hi IVY girl, where ya at??? Shout back at us OK?

My 2/7 was on the TM at 5 a.m. (yuck!)
  • vhuber
    Way to change it up Deb! I'm going to try something next week too, I'll start another 11 week challenge on here along with The Body Rev again. Plus do something with less carbs & more protein.

Yes Heather, shame on me that I did not congrat you on your race, Iwas soooo excited about your new pic's that I forgot to say something!!! You did great and your only going to get better!!!!

Hi IVY girl, where ya at??? Shout back at us OK?

My 2/7 was on the TM at 5 a.m. (yuck!)
  • vhuber
    wow where are ya all?
    I did NOT workout yesterday except to play soccer with my great niece (out in the rain no less:laugh: ) for a half an hour but tonite I got in 6 miles on the TM. to earn my 3/7.
  • makeitallsue
    Sorry I haven't been on my lap top this week and I hate posting from phone.
    I have done well 4/7,
    Mon... Total body with weights
    Tues... Run
    Wed.... Total body with weights
    Thursday... Elliptical, intervals
    I have kept my calories right around 1200-1250
    I weighed in this morning and 2 p pounds heavier...oh gosh, but I am sore, so I am gonna give it more time before I get pouty!!!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Wow--it's Thursday--how the heck did that happen?!!! Thanks guys for the nice words about my race and the new pics. :happy:

So, Tuesday was 2/7 with a 3 mile run on the treadmill at 5:30 am.
    3/7 Wed with a 4 mile run on the treadmill. I missed my group run because I didn't get out of work until too late :sad:
    4/7 this morning with a 3 mile run on the treadmill at 5:30.

Hopefully I can get a quick run in tomorrow morning. I'm OFF tomorrow and we're taking a long weekend trip to the mountains with some friends and I can't wait!!!! Work has been absolutely CRAZY lately. It's only Thursday and I've already put in at least 50 hours this week. AHHHH!!! Hence my noticeable absence on our thread this week. Hopefully things will calm down soon!!

Hope you guys are having a great week!
  • vhuber
    Good job ladies!
    Debra I know you are experienced enough to know that when you start lifting that the muscles will retain water to repair and build! hang in there sweet cheeeks!

Heather you guy's have an AWESOME time! Lord know's that you are in need of a break!!!

Hello IVY girl!!!!!

I did NOT get in any fitness today. We were up & packed ready to go by 9 a.m.. Had a dr appointment in nearby town about my hormone therapy and then we traveled about 250 miles to the city! Did a few things when we got to town, had dinner and here it is 9:30 p.m. and I am ready for bed! I POWER shop tomorrow and we will take in a pro rodeo tomorrow night! I promise you I WILL hit the hotel fitness room in the morning!

NIGHT!!!
  • vhuber
    4/7 with 5 miles of intervals on the hotel elliptical & bike! Got in a great sweat!!!!

Have a great Friday & and an AWESOME weekend ladies!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Way to get in the exercise ladies! Verda, the rodeo sounds like fun!!!

I went ahead and did tomorrow's run this morning before leaving, so I am officially 5/7 for the week. Tomorrow I'll get some walking in while we check things out at the Wooly Worm festival, but no formal fitness. Suppsed to do a 5 mile run on Sunday, so I hope we get home in time for me to do it outside.

Happy Friday all!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • makeitallsue
    I finshed the week 5/7 too. I did yoga on Friday for a small burn, but I also did the grocery thing and the cleaning thing...and the errand thing.. so I felt good to just get a half hour of yoga.
    Today my son had his girlfriend over and I did some mending on her semi formal dress. She is such a tiny little thing. They asked me to make homemade cinnamon donuts... I did , sigh, but I only had 1 and I didn't exercise today but my calories were at 1200, exactly... lol... didn't know for sure as I was logging... but it came in perfect... if I can just make it the rest of the night!!!

Hope your weekend is going well.
  • makeitallsue
    hello??? Hope you are all having a great weekend!

1/7 a 60 minute kickbox dvd followed by a mile run with my dog. Trying to slowly get her used to running on leash again. Would feel so much safer if I took her with me on our rural roads... we got out of the habit and I have to start all over. She used to have a collar that I used.. but it wore out and then she picked up some bad habits..so I quit taking her... but I miss my running buddy. She did welll on the trip back...so she is on her way!
  • vhuber
    I ended the week yesterday 5/7 with 3 fast miles on the hotel elliptical.
    Today 1/7 was 4.5 miles from walking & the elliptical and workout 1 from JMBR!