spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
Here's a heads up!

Day 1: Workout 3
Day 2: Workout 4
Day 3: Cardio 1
Day 4: Workout 3
Day 5: Workout 4
Day 6: Cardio 1

And for the record because of some awesome news I am officially a week behind, however I don't want to stop just because I'm behind (well not stop until I have to), nor do I want to hold the group up because of my news that I will soon spill.....and once said news arrives next year :love: .....I'll need to do this challenge again, but go even harder! :glasses:

How is everyone doing?!

Replies

• WHAT WHAT!!! Congratulations SpaceEF! :flowerforyou:
  • Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    First off---SpaceEF--congrats!

Secondly, did workout 3 today. I am glad I worked out--I was not motivated to workout at all, but again, I am glad i did it. However, I was unable to fully complete all of the exercises. Most I did, but the push ups and plank ones, I just could not do. I know that eventually I will get there and I will keep moving, but a little disappointed today.

How is everyone else doing?

Findleyn
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Congrats SpaceEF! We'll keep the coals hot for you! I'm having a great run with this and am so happy you started the group.

Wrkt 3 had me dripping in sweat. I'm burning crazy calories everyday (over 3000) and am looking forward to the next 2 weeks!
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Congrats!!!!!!!! :)
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Congrats!!!

In other news, Workout 3 made me want to die and I wish yoga was a person so I could beat it up.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Congrats :D

So went into workout 3 today and not too bad although after doing yoga this morning and then follow it with more Jillian yoga in this workout I am beat. I definitely sweated more today and I love planks :P
  • ktno1
    Ok I just did workout 4 and apart from being dead I've realised some things about my body:

My quads are WAY stronger than my glutes/hamstrings. Forward lunges and that kneel down/stand up thing were SO hard for me whereas the backward lunges yesterday weren't so bad. This imbalance could be the reason my knees sometimes get sore.

Also my lower abs are WAY weaker than all the rest of my abs. I could hold my shoulders off the floor in hollow man easily but I couldn't even straighten my legs because my lower abs are too weak. And the "squirm" things at the end were really easy for me. (no lower abs involved!)

Hmmm unfortunately being aware of these things doesn't solve or improve them!

How is everyone finding these workouts? They're a lot harder than the first 2 for me, but still doable.
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Yay! Congrats on the baby news. So excited for you. Is it your first baby?

As for the workouts. Did #3 yesterday and LOVED it. That's what I'm talking about. Make it burn ... Workout #4 was also really good. I was sweating pretty good, but kept up no problem. I LOVE planks and love the step ups on your knees. Feels like all the squats and lunges I have been doing are finally paying off.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there. So far, I like these workouts much better than last weeks.

xx
    Scarlet
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Awwwww thanks guys! I see you caught on to my oh so subtle hints :wink: Shh. it's a secret :glasses: And yes, yes it is our first! Sooooo hopefully somehow I keep as active as allowable/possible as to not become a full blown heffer! I hear it can be done! I'll do as much as I can with the group early on, but then I'll have to figure how to do things the easy way! BUMMER! I'll have to hopefully find another awesome group for round 2 in the summer!
  • space EF, I gained 69 pounds in pregnancy (I DON'T recommend that)! :wink: I had a very easy delivery though and credit that to the fact that I walked 4 miles a day up until a couple weeks before my son was born. You'll be awesome. and hey... I may still be around in the summer for another round of BR!
  • jrhstarlight
    SpaceEF that would be my same advice (not that I have kids) but to continue eating healthy and being active as you can until Dr says otherwise. Plus don't overindulge "just cause" your pregnant or have cravings.

Busted out workout 4 today and much better but still sooo sore, I have been sore since day 1 literally <sigh> Obviously they are a step up from 1&2. Still no improvements weight wise but can tell a difference in stamina or being better at the moves towards the end of week 2. Tonight I have Zumba :D
  • SciRice
    Hey Ladies...unfortunately I missed Cardio today (Wed) but I'm going to try and make it up if time permits. Weighed in today and I'm up 1.4lbs from last week....WTF Thankfully I took my measurements so just for kicks I retook them today and I have lost inches off my waist (0.5), thighs (0.5), hips (0.5), and chest (a whopping 1.5) so I'm NOT getting discouraged. The tone I'm getting in my legs and arms is crazy sick after just a couple weeks and is probably the reason for the weight gain. Guess I'm a muscle building machine...LOL I can only imagine how its going to be in the coming months.

Let's get it done ladies!
  • ktno1
    Workouts 3 and 4 were (surprisingly) much easier for me the second time round. I'm sure I will be finding them quite easy by the end of next week. Bring on phase 2!
  • jrhstarlight
    Well I have not been feeling it this week, not sure why, maybe just personal things I am worrying about in my life this week. Plus here we are in week 3 and no loss in weight or measurements. I have been trudging through but not 100% on track. I mean like didn't workout at all today and will have to workout on Sun due to having 2 exercise classes I will be attending on Mon so throwing in Jillian on top of 2 classes seem too much. I'm hanging in, hopefully will get out of this funk tomorrow when I push through :) Everyone is doing great!!!
  • ktno1
    I'm also not really feeling it. I skipped cardio today but will do it tomorrow instead and take today as my rest day.

Still determined to finish this program though, regardless of my feelings towards it haha we can do it!
  • Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    I too am not feeling it this week! I don't know if it is because the videos are repetitive or what but I really do not want to keep going with this system. I am 2 days behind, I did a zumba class on thursday instead of day 3 and then walked about 3 miles on Friday instead of day 4. I know strength training is important as is cardio, but I am thinking that i need to do something in order to see results on the scale (I know...that is not a great measure, but I can't get past the fact that I have lost nothing!) in order to stay motivated. Will work out today, but not sure by doing what. UGH!
  • SciRice
    Findleyn dont forget about your measurements! I am so glad that I took them cause like you I am not seeing a decrease on the scale. For me it has actually been an increase...eek. However seeing that I have lost inches AND can see a noticeable change in body is keeping me motivated. Dont get discouraged by the scale...I know its hard but look at the changes you can see. My hubby has even commented on the differences and has actually started the program now as well.

Come on ladies....stay motivated and get after it! We can do this!
  • jrhstarlight
    Did my workout today and feel much better :D I enjoy workout 4 more than 3, haha.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Just wanted to share some positive news with my fav support group...I weighed in today and lost a pound....but even better than that is that I've lost 3.75 inches! 2 were from my waist! I've been really focused on eating right this week and pushed myself pretty hard for the last week of the first two workouts. I've been at a plateau for like three months so this seems to be just what I needed.

I'm looking forward to taking a break tomorrow after a hard week and exciting day for results. On top of my regular cardio, I was getting private sessions to learn a sexy chair routine to perform for my boyfriend next week. Ladies, when I tell you my back, obliques, and thighs are SO sore.....lol! He better really enjoy it....lol!

Stay encouraged ladies and know that the changes will come. Your peak may hit in month 2 of the program but don't give up! We are all here to motivate and support each other. We can do this... :-)