Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Two things that would help me

habal1habal1 Posts: 9Member Posts: 9Member
Maybe someone else too?

There is no allocations for breastfeeding mothers - extra calories etc. per day. I haven't figured out how to accommodate for that yet. So if in the mean time if anyone has a suggestion that would be great!

The other thing is i'm in New Zealand and every time I want to add to the day that i'm on I have to remember to move it forward otherwise I'm always a day out. Do you think that is something that could be addressed? Not knowing for a minute how tricky that would be or not. :tongue:

Replies

• habal1habal1 Posts: 9Member Posts: 9Member
    Maybe someone else too?

There is no allocations for breastfeeding mothers - extra calories etc. per day. I haven't figured out how to accommodate for that yet. So if in the mean time if anyone has a suggestion that would be great!

The other thing is i'm in New Zealand and every time I want to add to the day that i'm on I have to remember to move it forward otherwise I'm always a day out. Do you think that is something that could be addressed? Not knowing for a minute how tricky that would be or not. :tongue:
  • mshunkmshunk Posts: 21Member Member Posts: 21Member Member
    Depending on the frequency that you are breast feeding, you will burn and extra 600-900 calories per day. You should increase your intake by at least that many calories...especially of dairy and water to accomidate this extra need for the baby. The harder part is when you are done nursing to go back to a lower calorie intake. Hope that helps...I have no idea about the time issue, but just finished nursing my second baby. That was a nice year of extra calorie intake...enjoy this time. They grow quickly....:happy: :tongue:
  • habal1habal1 Posts: 9Member Posts: 9Member
    Thanks! They do grow fast don't they. I'm currently feeding number 3 - she's gained so well and unfortunately so have I, eeek! I seem to have this great little window of 6 weeks when I can eat anything I want and lose all I need... then I somehow forget to stop eating and gain gain gain! That's what I need to curb right now! It's also what I'll struggle with again when I'm done feeding!