What do you do for a living

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I'm a registered nurse in a long-term care and rehabilitative center.
    I work at a Federal prison.

Are you a CO? I did an internship in a county jail with the nurse and I loved it. I possibly want to go into corrections some day!

I'm a Utilization Review Nurse at a Forensic Pyschiatric Hospital

That sounds really interesting!!!

Well I deal with all the medical issues that come up and teach classes to our patients as well as order equipment and whatever else my bosses can think to get me to do. I should be getting paid way more lol

Yeah it seems like you do a few jobs in one!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Visual Effects artist, software engineering. (friend me if you'd like to see examples of my work)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I'm the only waitress so far. I'm unique. :laugh:

I wait tables on Sunday in the little diner my mom 1st worked in 1966 after my dad moved us here. It was my first job at 15 and again at 22-25 when I had my first son.

My everyday job is Claims Adjuster for a large insurance company
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    I work for the provincial department of tourism managing international marketing programs. I travel about 180 days a year telling people how awesome my home is. I am a very lucky girl.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    They tell me I'm a receptionist, but I'm really just an underpaid accountant/purchasing/personal assistant.

But I'm going to school majoring in animal sciences to be an exotic animal trainer specializing in work with large carns such as Tigers and Hyenas. Currently I volunteer on the weekends at an animal rescue that has a small collection of exotics such as a serval, couple foxes and an emu as well as some basic farm animals. My weekends are the best.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Administration and student advising at a university
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    To the prison workers in here - how can I butter you up now to make sure I get the good blankets later down the line?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    To the prison workers in here - how can I butter you up now to make sure I get the good blankets later down the line?

More shirtless pics.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I design and (hopefully) sell kitchens! I'm self employed so only get commission if my clients buy! :bigsmile:

Love, love LOVE my job :bigsmile: Something about meeting new people every day and kitchens kinda turn me on! :love:

For example, I met a couple today who reminded me why I never wanted to get married:

Middle aged, married for about 30 years, absolutely hated each other - or she hated him!

"Oh really, WOULD you Ken?"

"Ah, you would do THAT would you Ken - take no notice of him, he knows nothing"

"Ken, why are you even in this room"

"Yes, we've been looking at kitchens for 20 years now Ken, HAVE'NT WE KEN!!"

"oh, you have a spare 8grand free NOW have you Ken?"

OMG!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Deputy Coroner for a county sheriff's department. Do that full time. I also do part time shift coverage on an ambulance as a paramedic.
  • jenniferleigh30
    jenniferleigh30 Posts: 19 Member
    Instructional Designer for a healthcare company and master trouble shooter :)
  • Biologist/ Chemist... I formulate cosmetics
  • stardustfan
    stardustfan Posts: 34 Member
    I teach high school science... biology and chemistry.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    I am an attorney in a solo general practice. I do mostly family law (Divorces :-( ) but also handle a good bit of employment law, simple probate cases, and misdemeanor criminal cases. This is a second career. I started to law school at age 40 as a single parent, when my youngest child started to kindergarten!
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    I'm a sports writer for a newspaper. Figure I'd add it since its something different from the ones I saw!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Patent litigation attorney!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I am an attorney in a solo general practice. I do mostly family law (Divorces :-( ) but also handle a good bit of employment law, simple probate cases, and misdemeanor criminal cases. This is a second career. I started to law school at age 40 as a single parent, when my youngest child started to kindergarten!

Wow that is impressive! Good for you! :) Back in the day when I was a kid, I used to want to be a lawyer, so I memorized the Miranda rights. Haha doesn't make too much sense but I was a Law and Order junkie...thought that lawyers said it lol.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    I'm a welder. Blue collar country boy right here :) haha
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    General manager for a small audio visual company. Do mainly corporate conferencing, car launches, product launches etc.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Facilities manager

Sounds fascinating....care to elaborate? LOLK

sure... it's not fascinating

LOL!