SERIOUSLY... 70 LBS. LOST- ONLY DOWN 1 & A HALF PANT SIZE!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I feel your pain. I haven't got done a single size yet - my pants aren't even a tiny bit looser yet - in fact some days I think they are tighter! I know it will happen eventually though, but right now it's annoying. Plus whoever makes women's clothes is a sadistic *kitten*. One brand I like I can try on 10 pairs of the same size, but just slightly different styles and only 1 will fit. Macy's was having a sale a couple weeks ago - but you had to buy 2 pairs - I could only find 1 that fit - I was so annoyed! And after losing 20+ lbs I refuse to go up a size! :noway:
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    People also lose from different areas..as you noticed your tops have gone down considerably.
    I've lost 73 lbs and gone from a 22W on top to about a 14/16, and in pants from 24W to a 16/18.

I will always have hips and be a little bigger on the bottom it seems.

I still have another 75 + to lose, so only halfway through too!

Nice advice!! Seems me and you have the same body type!! I, too have hips, butt, thicker thighs and a small waistline. Awesome job on the 73 pound weight loss. I figure if it took me a year to lose the first 70, then I should be able to reach my goal of 200 lbs in half that time!! I know 200 lbs. still seems bigger but it looks very well on me since I am 5'9.

I appreciate your response and your support!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    I took a look at your pictures, and your pant size is NOT reflecting how much smaller your hips are now! Amazing change from the one by the file cabinet!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,725 Member
    I didn't read the other comments, so maybe this has already been said, but ....

You have switched from plus sizes to regular sizes, and between the two, there is a HUGE difference! Clelebrate! :bigsmile:

When I made the switch there was a time that nothing fit -- The plus size 18 was falling off, but the regular size was too tight. Yes, it was a bit depressing, but it was happening.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    I'm 154 pounds and wear a size 16. I'm also only 5' tall. I think it has a lot to do with your height. Also, I've been reading that the pant/dress sizes tend to go down faster as you get closer to your goal. Frustrating and unfair but what can you do but keep on keeping on till you get there.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    I started out in 20's. Granted, they were very tight, which is what spurred me to start losing weight in the first place. I've lost 48lbs and I'm just in a 16. Not all 16's, just some of them. I can still wear some of my 18's. I attribute this to losing all my weight, so far, in my legs, arms, back, neck, and face. I'm still waiting for the stomach area to go down. We all carry our weight differently. We all lose it differently. It gets me discouraged sometimes when I see the success stories and see how small they look after losing less weight than I have. But, it will come if I keep trying. Good luck and keep strong. :smile:
    Edited to add: I started at 237lb at 5' 4".
  • BoohBaby
    The difference could be that the 20-22 were 20-22W. There is a big difference in a size 16 and size 16W. The ones with W on the end are quite a bit bigger.

My thought exactly! I was going to suggest that you try a 16W. The Ws are cut very differently. They're made to accommodate "the junk". ;-)

Wow, never thought of that... Great idea. I told myself that if I can go into a clothing store and walk out with a size 16 pant, I will be the happiest girl on this planet!! Now, I have to go shopping after work!

Thank you for your response and support!
  • Well, there ya go. You are doing great. The abdominal region is where you hold a lot of fluid and bloat. I had lost some pounds and within 2 days gained 6 back, No way that i even ate 6 pounds or consumed that many calories. A friend suggest that to move the water and bloat to drink even more water, you can even add a lemon or lemon juice in it with a little artificial sweetener. I drank 8 oz. fruit smoothies yesterday 3 times and just a small meal of a vegetable and protein 4 lbs of the fluid was gone this morning, so I am doing it again today, when I lose it, I want it to stay off, not come back. The smoothies I made was one cup of fresh pineapple, one cup of frozen mixed fruit from aldi, I put it in the blender and filled it up with strawberry, banana, and orange crystal light, just enough to cover the fresh fruit. I actually even had more energy. Women tend to bloat more than men, no wonder they can lose faster than women, we fight two weeks to get extra water weight off every month.
  • Another thing to consider is how you're losing weight. When you add muscle to your frame you clothing size goes down. I lost 20 LBS but went down 2 pant sizes. I added muscle. I'm not sure if you're lifting weights through this process but I will tell you that that's the best way to see your body really change.
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    CONGRATS TO YOU!! HANG IN THERE, I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOUR CHOICE OF EXERCISE IS, BUT ZUMBA WILL PULL THOSE INCHES OFF IN NO TIME AND HAVE YOU IN THOSE 16'S BY CHRISTMAS!!!

ZUMBA IS ABSOLUTELY MY BEST FRIEND AND VERY ADDICTIVE!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Nice advice!! Seems me and you have the same body type!! I, too have hips, butt, thicker thighs and a small waistline. Awesome job on the 73 pound weight loss. I figure if it took me a year to lose the first 70, then I should be able to reach my goal of 200 lbs in half that time!! I know 200 lbs. still seems bigger but it looks very well on me since I am 5'9.

Totally agree.. I think we both carry our weight similarly. It took me exactly a year to lose this 73..
    My goal is a size 10/12 or 180 lbs, as at 5'7.5 and just for my build, I think that is reasonable. It does mean that I have 80 lbs to go still - and hoping that I can do it in less than another year!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Some clothes aren't true to size, so I try not to even care about the size anymore but I will say I think it depends on how you are shaped too. At 249 I wore 18's and 20's, mostly 18's because the 20's looked too lose sometimes depending on the cut. Not my official weigh in day but I got on the scale anyway this morning...LOL and I'm 225.6, 16's fit loosly. Mind you, my weight is wide from side to side...LOL!! Not front to back. I have no butt, just enough to cup which your hand...LOL!! So I can get into smaller sizes thanks to my flat booty!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Women's clothing sizes are wack. There needs to be an international treaty on it. Men's pants sizes are the actual length, the actual waist and the cut, which is a little more fishy. Women't sizes don't even account for height. Ya'll need to revolt.
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Ok, this made me question my own pants. I tried three different pair, all bought at different times, all by the same company, all the same size. I wore a pair yesterday, that fit perfect. My newest pair, are so tight, they won't even button, and the middle pair fit tight. So, I hope this helps.
  • BoohBaby
    I can share my experience...I started at a tight size 18W...and I lost one pant size during the first about 40 lbs of loss. At 200 lbs and down to where I am now (an additional 35 lbs) I have lost and am now in a size 14 which is very, very loose and need to move to 12s soon (tho I'm going to wait until I get to goal and wear them baggy for now becuase I might see another size before I get there)...what I'm saying is that until 200, I didn't see any kind of size loss I thought and then boom it started happening really, really quickly. Hang in there, I bet your time is just around that corner up there.:happy:

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm going to work extra hard.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    maybe the good lord wants you to keep the wagon you be draggin he blessed you with... :laugh:

best thing i can tell you is everyone body responds differently...
  • Danielle_2013
    Also to note..

I have tops in size 10 - 20 and pants from 14-20. So honestly.. measuring inches and the scale are going to be the only way to go!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    People also lose from different areas..as you noticed your tops have gone down considerably.
    I've lost 73 lbs and gone from a 22W on top to about a 14/16, and in pants from 24W to a 16/18.

I will always have hips and be a little bigger on the bottom it seems.

I still have another 75 + to lose, so only halfway through too!

This is so true. If I lose 20lbs I will just nearly drop one size (from a 12 at 168 to a 11 or so at 150) and I won't be a 10 or 9 until maybe 140, but it depends on the brand and even when I was 135 as a young teenager, like 13, I could not fit in a 7 for the life of me! I plan to try to get to a size 6/7 this time at 127, so we will see. lol
  • BoohBaby
    I took a look at your pictures, and your pant size is NOT reflecting how much smaller your hips are now! Amazing change from the one by the file cabinet!

Thank you sooooo much for the compliment. I am even smaller now than on any of those pics. I need to update my pic.

Thank you for your response and support!!
  • Danielle_2013
    Okay..one last note.. when I started lifting weights (fairly heavy), my weight did not change, but I started dropping inches dramatically.. and my whole body seemed to be transforming... so I was finding clothes fit better, but the scale barely moved.