Introduce here

If you are new to the group, please introduce yourself here. You can also share about your workouts, the type of diet you follow and give a glimse of your lifestyle.

Replies

• meredithgainey
    meredithgainey Posts: 37 Member
    My name is Meredith and I am a step-mother to two kids and a wife. I have always been overweight and have struggled with PCOS. I have always blamed being over weight due to my PCOS and even though it is part of it, it is not all. I am trying to take over my life and get healthy.

I am following my calorie, protein, fat, and etc. that MYFITPAL is recommeding. I have been also walking. I have lost two pounds this week during my weekend weigh in.

I hope to find support about exercise, foods, and etc. that work well for other PCOS patients.
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Hi I'm Alisha,

Along with PCOS I suffer chronic headaches and between those two conditions I've let the pounds rack up to the point that I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I'm currently at 204lbs and I set a goal of burning 500 calories at least 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I'm on week 2 of my program. I have my good days and bad. I've changed my diet up some. I'm trying to keep my carb intake down to 40g per meal since I know watching my carbs is going to be crucial. I've changed my settings so that my carbs only account for 40% of my calories and I try to stick with that. My left knee gives me a lot of trouble so I try to do Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred and cardio on my elliptical machine.
  • My name is Meredith and I am a step-mother to two kids and a wife. I have always been overweight and have struggled with PCOS. I have always blamed being over weight due to my PCOS and even though it is part of it, it is not all. I am trying to take over my life and get healthy.

I am following my calorie, protein, fat, and etc. that MYFITPAL is recommeding. I have been also walking. I have lost two pounds this week during my weekend weigh in.

I hope to find support about exercise, foods, and etc. that work well for other PCOS patients.

Welcome to the group Meredith!! First of all, a big applause for taking steps in the right direction and decoding to take over our life and getting healthy. Congrats for losing two pounds. Keep following your routine and you will get wonderful results.
  • Hi I'm Alisha,

Along with PCOS I suffer chronic headaches and between those two conditions I've let the pounds rack up to the point that I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I'm currently at 204lbs and I set a goal of burning 500 calories at least 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I'm on week 2 of my program. I have my good days and bad. I've changed my diet up some. I'm trying to keep my carb intake down to 40g per meal since I know watching my carbs is going to be crucial. I've changed my settings so that my carbs only account for 40% of my calories and I try to stick with that. My left knee gives me a lot of trouble so I try to do Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred and cardio on my elliptical machine.

Welcome to the group Alisha. YAY for doing for JM's 30 day shred :flowerforyou: . Its a tough program but it will give you awesome results. I will start another thread and write about consistency challenge for november.
  • melissawilson21
    melissawilson21 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi, my name is Melissa Wilson. I am a mother of three children and have been 'diagnosed' with PCOS for two years now. I suffer some of the symptoms, especially the weight gain. So far, the highest weight I have been to is 295. When I seen this number on the scale, I had numeous things running through my head. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't see me anymore. Now I am down anywhere between 250-260; I have been going up a down between those numbers. My new goal is 240. I never would have thought I would see myself this way.. I am going to remain positive and keep going till I reach my goal. Thanks for the motivation!

Melissa
  • Hi, my name is Melissa Wilson. I am a mother of three children and have been 'diagnosed' with PCOS for two years now. I suffer some of the symptoms, especially the weight gain. So far, the highest weight I have been to is 295. When I seen this number on the scale, I had numeous things running through my head. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't see me anymore. Now I am down anywhere between 250-260; I have been going up a down between those numbers. My new goal is 240. I never would have thought I would see myself this way.. I am going to remain positive and keep going till I reach my goal. Thanks for the motivation!

Melissa

Melissa, Welcome to the group. A big congrats for losing 45 pounds so far. Seeing ourselves in anew light makes us to realize the hidden potential we have. I believe that you will definitely reach your short term goals as well as your long terms too. Good luck.
  • all honesty here, Its the moms and the women who hold so much responsibility in life and are still willing to melt the pounds away that motivate me the most to be more consistent in my work outs! Your will is AMAZING.
  • all honesty here, Its the moms and the women who hold so much responsibility in life and are still willing to melt the pounds away that motivate me the most to be more consistent in my work outs! Your will is AMAZING.

Hi Keera, Welcome to the group!!! Please join us in the november challenge.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Hello everyone, My name is Tracy and I have been battling PCOS for about 20 years. Last year I went off all of my meds including birth control and I haven't noticed that much of a difference and my TOM is pretty regular (roughly every other month). I still battle with the facial hair and acne, but I was battling that on the meds as well.

I've been slacking on my workouts and eating habits for the last few months and I've got to get back on track. I haven't gained a lot, but I feel AWFUL and lazy and sluggish. It's amazing what effect sugar/carbs has on my body it really makes me lazy.

I want to thank you guys for starting this group so we can motivate and support eachother in our journey to stifle the effects of PCOS. :)
  • Hello all,

I am Melissa! Have been diagnosed with PCOS for about 17 years but had undiagnosed symptoms for about 20. I am done having children and my symptoms were pretty vague compared to what others go through. I took provera for a couple of years but after a small weight loss, my cycle became normal again. I have a few cosmetic symptoms; the dark skin and chin hair (I keep tweezers by my pc and "pluck" as I surf!! In my case, this is certainly heriditary. A looooong line of women in my family have this or at least I suspect that many do!

In 2011 I was very blessed with the option to leave my job and now have the TIME to be consistent with my diet and exercise routine. Understanding the food/body physiology is the first step! You have to know how food affects PCOS'ers, but exercise is the key! I had worked in food service for 15 years and still love to cook. I am always coming up with new recipes and love to share the info.

I have used this website for a couple of weeks now and love it! The food database is amazing. I look forward to exploring the site fully.
  • reevesml
    reevesml Posts: 6 Member
    Hello My name is Megan most call me Megs.
    I am a PCOS Fighter going on 14 years. I am 26, going to nursing school. Right now my diet is just making healthy choices like fruit or veggies, low carbs, and limiting the ever addicting coca colas, ice cream and chocolate!! (not all at once, unless making a coke float.) Exercise is mainly walking on the treadmill, using my Fitbit, and keeping a close eye on my caloric intake!!