disadvantage to losing weight?

BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
LOL, I never thought that losing weight would ever have a disadvantage, but I just found one!
I was carrying a heaping basket of laundry downstairs on my hip, just like ALWAYS, only, the darn basket kept sliding right off! Guess some of that 12 pounds I've lost so far went from my "built in laundry basket handle"!!! LOL.

Replies

• BrenNew
    LOL, I never thought that losing weight would ever have a disadvantage, but I just found one!
    I was carrying a heaping basket of laundry downstairs on my hip, just like ALWAYS, only, the darn basket kept sliding right off! Guess some of that 12 pounds I've lost so far went from my "built in laundry basket handle"!!! LOL.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Haha, that's awesome! :laugh:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    lol I know the feeling! It's hard to get comfortable sometimes with a butt that's becoming more bony lol
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    That's a pretty nice disadvantage :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    The cost of replacing your wardrobe is another "disadvantage". :wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    The cost of replacing your wardrobe is another "disadvantage". :wink:

I agree!! But that's one disadvantage I'll NEVER complain about!:wink:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    one for serious disadvantage is stretch marks and loose skin but new clothes and a slipping laundry basket are good disadvantages
  • BrenNew
    LOL, you've got that right! Everyone is telling me how good I'm looking now a days, and I say "ya, WITH clothes on! It's a whole different (and scary!) story WITHOUT the clothes!"LOL.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    There's another big disadvantage - you'll notivce the winters are a heck of a lot colder than they used to be :)

Apparently the polar bear thing is true... i used to be able to walk outside in a tshirt in the middle of a blizzard. Now I'm bundled up tight and still freezing my tuckus off.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Don't forget that the more weight you lose, the less calories you burn during exercise! Even with just what little I've lost so far, I'm down a 100 or so calories per hour of bike riding at least :ohwell:

And, your food deficit decreases, too--used to be able to eat 1200 a day and get about 1200 a day deficit, not any more!
  • BrenNew
    Geez, losing weight is looking worse and worse after reading all THAT! LOL.
    Course, right now, I'm feeling so much better about myself, that I think I WILL stick with it and lose as much as I can! (with an ice cream reward every now and then though!!!) LOL.