Help!!! Ideas, Motivation, anything.

Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
:embarassed: Ok normally I can keep myself going pretty well. But lately I just don't know. I haven't done well for several days in a row. :sad: I know for a fact I can do better. I just don't seem to have the determination to do it as of late. Wether its the nasty weather or whatever it really stinks. :frown: I keep giving myself a pep talk and as I am doing so I am doing the baking for the holiday. Not an easy task. So now I am venting.

I know all the usual find fruit or vegies to snack on. Hard thing for me still to do. I do try to snack on them but they get old after awhile. I need some new ideas.

And better yet I would love to find an email buddy. Cause I find it nice to find a few people or someone to connect with that is going through similiar things.

Well here is hoping this has helped get it out of my system. I would like some new ideas though.

Eve:cry:

Replies

• Eve23
    :embarassed: Ok normally I can keep myself going pretty well. But lately I just don't know. I haven't done well for several days in a row. :sad: I know for a fact I can do better. I just don't seem to have the determination to do it as of late. Wether its the nasty weather or whatever it really stinks. :frown: I keep giving myself a pep talk and as I am doing so I am doing the baking for the holiday. Not an easy task. So now I am venting.

I know all the usual find fruit or vegies to snack on. Hard thing for me still to do. I do try to snack on them but they get old after awhile. I need some new ideas.

And better yet I would love to find an email buddy. Cause I find it nice to find a few people or someone to connect with that is going through similiar things.

Well here is hoping this has helped get it out of my system. I would like some new ideas though.

Eve:cry:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    A healthy snack to try: 1/2 c applesauce, 3 tblp fat-free coolwhip a dash of cinnamon. Under a 100 calorie snack. Don't feel alone I had to force myself to go pick up my friend and go for a walk. I just wanted to call out on it. Do you have anyone to do this with? A buddy system might help. I don't want to put my email on any site or I would give it to you so you could email me. I haven't started the holiday cooking so I feel safe for a day. lol. I think alot of what I feel has to do with the fact that I've been doing this for 3 months. It does get old and I slide back so I know how you feel but I do see progress in my mirror. Have you tried going out and getting something new that has to do with your weight loss program? I am going to treat myself to a new dvd to workout to. But the best motivation is just taking my belt in another notch. Do you wear belts? I found I could track my progress without having to get on a scale everyday by whether the belt got looser. I'm just throwing things out there hoping one will catch your attention. Hope anything here helps. Just remember you aren't alone. ~Karen
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Light Sargento String Cheese is fantastic and very satisfying 2 sticks is only 100 calories. Keep mixing up your snacks so you don't get bored here are some ideas that I use and love hang in there!

sugar free jello only 10 calories
    yogurt (everyone has their favorites)
    sugar free hot cocoa (when i am craving chocolate it helps)
    100 calorie packs of popcorn
    baked garbonzo beans lightly salted (fantastic)
  • Hi Eve! Let me tell you a bit about myself! I tried everythinggg I lost I gained I lost I gained and I always tried to blame it on someone or something! but it's us and our willpower that should keep us going!

Look at the mirror and say to yourself that you can do better and you can look different in the summer! You can put a nice swimming suit without hiding anything! Set yourself small goals like 4 pounds a month! why not count them it'll be 32 pounds my June! it can be more and if it's less so what! Don't get discourage if you blew it one day or one morning and screw the whole day or week just keep motivated!

I blew it this Sunday and so what!!!! I came here I vented and now I'm feeling perfect! I went back on track for today and feeling great and thinking wowww by Christmas "crossing my fingers" I'll be 145 if it's more or less so what! at least we are not gaining:happy:

Fill your diary your thoughts, come here as often try to give advice, try to motivate others (as I'm doing) because I'm motivating myself at the same time and I'm happy to do it!

That's helped me a lot in the pass skim milk with one teaspoon of low calories hot chocolate it will fill you and make you forget your hugger!

Good luck girl you are worth much more then a chips, chocolate by the way you have a nice smile and think about your big nice smile when you see your weight is going down:happy:
  • Everyone makes mistakes...I am the QUEEN of it. I ate a HUGE piece of cheesecake today that one of the drug reps at work brought us...with a salad...how lame is that. Like one makes up for the other. But, I just have to do better, I am trying to figure out what my motivation can be. :huh: My husband and I have been seperated for a month and I just started really trying since he has been gone...at first, it was just so that I wouldn't think about it and now I just do it for me, so I can feel better about myself. I haven't been the best wife and I feel like the only way I can be that person is if I love myself first. Well, he is coming home Friday and he asked me if I am going to stop what I am doing when he comes home...NO I am not!!! I have to do this for me or I will never finish what I have started. My goal is to put on a bikini come summer and I haven't wore a bikini since I was 17...9 years ago. :sad: This site has helped me so much to see that I am not the only one trying to fight this battle to be healthier and gain that self confidence that I lost so long ago...BUT we will and we will do it together as a team. :wink: Just everyone keep their heads up and we will fall off the horse every now and again, we just can't be afraid to get back on. GOOD LUCK! :bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Thank you for the thoughtful posts I really appreciate it. I have been thinking for the last few hours why the heck I am feeling this way. In doing so I realized that it is a trend for me to feel this way during the holidays. In the past 10 years we have had some extremely lean years and people have been wonderful and helped us but it has left me with a horribly inadequete feeling during this time of year. We are doing tons better this year, albeit we will always need to be careful. So I am going to have to continue to work through these feelings and learn how to enjoy the holidays again. My husband and I have really lost that joy over the years.

The cheese sounds like a very good idea I forget that sometimes. I do love applesauce too. I don't do sugarfree due to some things that have happened in my family but I do love cocoa.

You are right playinwfire. Small steps. I have been working with small steps since I began and it has worked very well. I have gone down one pant size and that is wonderful. Unfortunately my mommy pooch still prevents me to make the next size yet. I am really having to refocus to get over the hurdles right now. With the holidays and the plateau I seem to be on.

Kljose, I don't generally wear belts. But I have gone and bought some nice things mostly shirts that fit better. I have also bought pants one size smaller to try and work toward getting to wear. I guess I am just feeling frustrated. I am aquainted with alot of people working in a school. But do not have any close friends. It has always been difficult to get to know people past the friendly stage if you know what I mean. We have tended to move alot. So that is why the email buddy would be nice.

Eve