What do you do for a living

1235»

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    I'm an analyst for the army (forecasting and strategic planning)
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Worked at an advertising agency for 3 years (in Media), and now I'm finishing up my Master's in strategic communication. Hopefully this time next year I'll have another "real job" to tout...hah!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    hi, new here...I am an Admin Assistant in Sales for a small silicone rubber and plastics manufacturing plant

Hokie fan? That's my alma mater!

--P
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    I'm a public school band director. I currently work with elementary kids teaching beginning band, I've been in my current district for 10 years and absolutely love it. I also do a fair amount of freelance/gigging orchestral and chamber work but that rarely pays the bills ;)

What do you play?
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    I'm a public school band director. I currently work with elementary kids teaching beginning band, I've been in my current district for 10 years and absolutely love it. I also do a fair amount of freelance/gigging orchestral and chamber work but that rarely pays the bills ;)

What do you play?

For work I do a little bit of everything but my main instrument is the clarinet.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member

What do you play?

For work I do a little bit of everything but my main instrument is the clarinet.

Very cool, both my Brothers are Jazz musicians and my soon to be SIL has a very similar position as you in Texas
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Audio Operator and Video Editor for a local television station. Soon to be producer...hopefully.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Audio Operator and Video Editor for a local television station. Soon to be producer...hopefully.

That's very cool. Good luck getting to produce. :flowerforyou:
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    I print money
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member

What do you play?

Uh-oh woodwind player! (had to give you a hard time, Trombone player :P Its in my blood)

Geologist here though, typical guy who likes playing in the dirt :-)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    group newbie here... and a nurse :smile:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    group newbie here... and a nurse :smile:

Yay nurses! You me and Jen!
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    I have a small consulting company, with 3 others. We help high tech companies sell their enterprise software in developing markets. Specifically, Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Our target clients are usually US or European companies that aren't yet ready to build up a local office as they don't have sales in those regions, or qualified partners. We help with sales strategy and marketing, build their channels, get their first clients, and help them hire local talent. Eventually we hand over to the local team.

Lots of fun, interesting people, and the freedom to more or less do what I want, when I want, how I want.

We have one major client now, and a few other revenue sources (small ad hoc projects). We are about to sign our second client, which will probably require us to hire 2-3 additional resources.

We've been doing this for over 12 years, and quite successfully. If you're working for a relatively successful software company but doing little in those regions, message me! Or if you're attractie and just want to go out... ;-)

--P

Well, I'm pretty sure this sounds like the perfect job for an ex-finance girl turned biologist! Lol...and yes on the last requirement! HA!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Standing at the parts counter of a farm equipment dealership full time.
    A representative of an electric and gas company as a side business and then hobby farmer/mechanic at home.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    I am a receptionist and part-time student!
  • Hi:flowerforyou: , new here too. I'm a cake decorator/ asst manager of a bakery.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Me; "911 State your emergency?"

or

Me: "2L5 respond to Central/Aberdeen for B&E in progress, suspects last seen on foot East Bound Central described as 2 Whi Males, in all drk clothing and carrying two large duffel bags."

911Operator/Police,Fire,EMS Dispatcher
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Administrative Assistant for the Transit system.