level 1

So, I just did it for the first time and I was thinking, " That wasn't as hard as everyone said it was." But now that my muscles are starting to"cool off" I am starting to get a little sore. How is that even possible? It didn't even feel like I was doing much.

Replies

• Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    After my first workout I thought the same, then woke up the next day and POW muscles super sore and todays workout was killer to get through.. Heres hoping tomorrow is better :)
  • That's the same thing I said. After I got up the morning it was even worse.
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    I just finished level 1 and being that I haven't been working out since forever, I found it tough. So happy that I did it (yeah!) and that I am on this 30 day shred challenge! Yeah for all of us!
  • barbiek999
    I just finished level 1 and being that I haven't been working out since forever, I found it tough. So happy that I did it (yeah!) and that I am on this 30 day shred challenge! Yeah for all of us!

Oh, I meant to say day 1 of level 1 ;)
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Level 1 Day 1 done! Tough, but good! We can do this!!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    I compelted day 2 of level 1 yesterday - got up at 6am this morning to do level 3 and my doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) is soooo much worse than I had expected, had to forgo it this morning, will attempt it tonight after a nice long stretch (unfortunately time didn't allow for that this morning).

Can't believe how much I'm feeling my upper back - guess it's been a few month since I've done pressups!
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    Level 1 day 4 complete!!! My shins are screaming!!! Must do more stretching to prevent shin splints!!!!
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Completed day 1. level 1. Like many of you said, I made it through better than I thought and my 4 & 5 year old "completed" it with me, so I got a laugh while doing it. Let's see how I feel tomorrow!
  • Just finished day 1 level 1 of the 30 day shred. So sore but I'm going to stick with it. :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Finished day 5 yesterday. Just keep at it and the soreness will go away, but you may want to limit your range of motion to prevent any injuries. I also suggest waiting 24hrs before doing it again, so your muscles have some time to rest. So if you can do it the same time everyday that would be best, I measured yesterday, since it's my regular measure day and surprisingly, I've already lost 1/2 inch off both thighs since I started the Shred last Wednesday! Those lunges and jumping jacks are paying off :drinker: !
  • janechy
    janechy Posts: 2 Member
    just did day 1, at the start l thought l wasn´t going to be able to keep up, but l manage to push through. I hope lm not to sore tomorrow!! Does anyone know how many (approx) calories are burned in this workout
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Does anyone know how many (approx) calories are burned in this workout

Most people log it as circuit training general - and somewhere between 20 and 27mins worth. 27 Minutes burns about 170 calories.

I did it - day 3 level 1 despite being really sore! Only 7 more times through level 1 and I get to move on to level 2 - I hear it's quite a leap up difficulty-wise.
  • Just completed day one level one. The workout was very motivating but i end up wit ha sore neck after some of the crunches, i think i may be doing it wrong? Any tips anyone?

Well done for day one guys lets keep going!
  • Just completed day one level one. The workout was very motivating but i end up wit ha sore neck after some of the crunches, i think i may be doing it wrong? Any tips anyone?

Well done for day one guys lets keep going!

I recommend doing the modified sit up ( with only one hand behind your hand and the other extended.) Sometimes using both hands behind the head encourages you to exert more pressure on the head.

2) point your chin out. Try not to let your chin touch your neck.

Hope this helps!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Well, that's day 1 done....... I've taken pics and although I'm not particularly overweight, I'm definately 'undertoned' !
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    After an hour long boot camp on Saturday, and then day one of the Shred yesterday, I'm definitely feeling it today!

Just to confirm, are most people planning on doing consecutive days, or building in rest days?
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    I'm going to see how I go. I'll be running every other day, so might not do shred every day, I will try though :)
  • barbiek999
    I plan to take 2 rest days/week , on the days that I do yoga for stretching.

dawnshot - I like your term "undertoned" - definitely applies to me as well! I'm almost 55 (in less than 2 weeks) and although I'm only carrying a few extra pounds it really is the toning I'm after in this 30DS challenge! We can do this!
  • mrsausmus
    mrsausmus Posts: 4 Member
    Amazed! Dragged myself out of bed at 5am and was able to get thru 24 minutes. I felt completely out of shape and exhausted but happy that I forced myself to do it. Day 1 down!! YEAH!!
  • mrsausmus
    mrsausmus Posts: 4 Member
    Pbair.
    I'm planning on doing it daily. For me if I take a day off I will just let that snow ball. I know that the sorness will go away quickly so its better for me to work thru that.