Swimming is a great workout and loads of fun

mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
this weekend I get to do an even better workout SWIMMING and oh my goodness you sure feel it the next day- Yesterday I took my oldest child to a waterpark (6 hours) and between all the walking, the climbing 5-6 flights of stairs per ride sometimes twice in a row to actually swimming the lazy river (she didnt want to float we were lapping people lol) to swimming in the tidal wave first I passed out last night and boy when I woke up this morning and stepped out of the bed my legs were sore and my arms were super sore so what did I do today you ask Oh yeah me and both of my daughters went swimming for 3 hours nonstop and I already feel the soreness it doesnt feel like a workout but it is most def a workout and I soaked up some sun while doing it in my two piece too I dont care that my stomach looks like spiderman attacked it or that I have some pudge I am very confident and self confidence is great plus I have seen worse so I dont feel as bad.. Enjoy your weekend I think tomorrow my workout will be the ocean waves or probably back at the pool gas is expensive and why spend money when I dont need to right-- have a great weekend

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    this weekend I get to do an even better workout SWIMMING and oh my goodness you sure feel it the next day- Yesterday I took my oldest child to a waterpark (6 hours) and between all the walking, the climbing 5-6 flights of stairs per ride sometimes twice in a row to actually swimming the lazy river (she didnt want to float we were lapping people lol) to swimming in the tidal wave first I passed out last night and boy when I woke up this morning and stepped out of the bed my legs were sore and my arms were super sore so what did I do today you ask Oh yeah me and both of my daughters went swimming for 3 hours nonstop and I already feel the soreness it doesnt feel like a workout but it is most def a workout and I soaked up some sun while doing it in my two piece too I dont care that my stomach looks like spiderman attacked it or that I have some pudge I am very confident and self confidence is great plus I have seen worse so I dont feel as bad.. Enjoy your weekend I think tomorrow my workout will be the ocean waves or probably back at the pool gas is expensive and why spend money when I dont need to right-- have a great weekend
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I love to swim too!! I wish I could do it more, but well I don't belong to a gym and here in New England...all year round outdoor pools are just not an option LOL....

we did a ton of swimming this past week on vaca though and I feel soooo good, like this awesome total body workout! So I totally know what you mean!!!

I love that you did some stairs in between too...you go girl!

hugs and great job!
    Ali :drinker: