Need new workout ideas

Here is what I've been doing (I'll keep it as short as I can)

Starting in August I began Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection (link below) I started with the 1 mile, then as I would get bored with them or they would get too easy I would increase 2,3, and now 4 mile. I'm doing the 4 mile with 1 lbs weights in my hands but it's still getting too easy. Yes, my heart rate still goes up and I know if I can't find something new I'll get bored and stop, and I don't want to stop!

I've looked at Leslie's other DVDs but she has so many with good and bad reviews that I don't know what to get. Does anyone know if she has a 5 mile that is like the dvd I have now?

I was also considering Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home: Walk Away Your Waistline It seems to have good reviews but only 3 miles, is it worth it?
What about Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

I am not opposed to trying a whole new dvd with someone else, but again there are so many...I'd want something high or low aerobics for beginners, but one problem is I can't bend one of my wrists, due to an injury. So, for example, push ups are not an option. My wrist can't bend at a 90 degree angle.

I am not picky as to if it's more upper or lower body, I have fat all over that needs to be burned off! lol

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Pounds-Ultimate-Collection/dp/B00265T7O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351445557&sr=8-1&keywords=Leslie+Sansone:+Walk+Away+the+Pounds+-+Ultimate+Collection+(With+Resistance+Band)

Replies

• bump
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    anything CATHE FRIEDRICH!!!! google her or utube her
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Try your local library to see what workout DVDs they may have. I was able to search my county library system online, and request titles from all over. Great way to try various workouts before you buy them!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    I hate to say this but you are not going to burn much fat with a walking video. I have been there and bought the DVD's. If you want to lose the fat, you have to get your heart rate up, sweat your *kitten* off and incorporate resistance training. Leslie Sanson is not going to do that for you. I wouldn't waste any more money on her DVD's. Better to invest in P90 or something similar....even if you can only do it for a few minutes at a time.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    I hate to say this but you are not going to burn much fat with a walking video. I have been there and bought the DVD's. If you want to lose the fat, you have to get your heart rate up, sweat your *kitten* off and incorporate resistance training. Leslie Sanson is not going to do that for you. I wouldn't waste any more money on her DVD's. Better to invest in P90 or something similar....even if you can only do it for a few minutes at a time.

Sadly, this is true. I wish walking long distances would make my butt smaller, but I'm still the same size as when I started.

Just google "low impact routines". Youtube.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Get a gym membership
  • Going to the gym is always a good alternative, stay active amigo!
  • A lot of people cant afford a gym membership, or don't want one for various reasons. I looked into the cost at a few in my area, including the YMCA, and decided it wasn't worth the $$. Having to drive there, possibly wait for the equipment I want to use, drive back, etc. No, thanks. I've got a Bowflex and invested in Weider adjustable weights, and work-out DVD's. I'm one of those people who would rather work out at home....... that being said, you can find a *lot* of DVD's on Ebay, Craigslist, and Amazon.com.
  • Get a gym membership

If I was financially able I would.
  • anything CATHE FRIEDRICH!!!! google her or utube her

Looking into Cathe now, thanks!
  • Try your local library to see what workout DVDs they may have. I was able to search my county library system online, and request titles from all over. Great way to try various workouts before you buy them!

Never thought about the library, going there now!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Rockin body with Shaun T from BeachBody is fun if you like to dance. It's like learning a dance routine step by step. I am not a dancer and the moves are fun and easy to follow.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is on Youtube for free! I just started...and MAN I'm feeling it!

Check Youtube for a variety of workouts.
  • Try a bike, or a stationary bike if you can't get out.
    Push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks,etc are a great way to burn fat and get a good work out.
    Swimming is great too.
    running
    some sort of martial arts or dance,
    Go outside and find a hill to walk up
    etc
    etc
    etc
  • Jillian Michaels has some great work out dvds, 30 day shred, 30 day ripper, and many more. Check them out!

Also, I'm not sure if you have cable but some network providers have exercise on demand channels that have a good variety. Or there may be some on hulu too if you can hook up a computer to your television.

Good luck!

Also, gym pricing is expensive but I was able to get a membership at an anytime fitness that's $34 a month which is by far the cheapest I've found. No child care and not really any classes but they are open 24 hours a day (not always staffed) but they are awesome. Get in and get out type of gym.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    There are good workout videos on Youtube... You might try there:-)
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Try Turbofire!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    I like the Firm videos and I also have some Biggest Loser videos that are great also. My local pool offers water aerobics and it is only $1.50 each time 3 times a week. Check into something like that.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Try kickboxing if you are looking for a good cardio burn with out getting on the floor and putting weight on your wrists.

Janis Safell has a bunch of good ones on youtube they're completely free. Some do have pushups in the warm up but you can always sub jumping jacks or something else

Theres also cardio videos on fitness blender (also youtube)
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    I Highly Highly recommend Jillian Michael's Body revolution, bought it from an infomercial and it was the best thing i have ever done. It is cardio and weights. (you will need 3's, 5's, and 8's) and it comes with the workout band. It works your way into be hard unlike videos like p90x or insanity (which i am now doing)
    Every two weeks the videos change and progress, which not only helps keep your body guessing, it also keeps me interested and not burnt out!
    Plus once the videos start to get easy, BOOM, new harder videos. It doesn't throw you to the wolves. I started doing girl pushups and now I can do 50 or more military push ups. I lost 40 pounds and started a new life! Went from a BMI of 32 to 24! Working on those last 14 pounds :)
    I am now doing insanity and NO WAY would I have been able to do it 6 months ago. But Jillian prepared me for it..
    Email me if you have any questions! Love it