2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    2/7 with 30 day shred, and a 5 min WU on treadmill, follwed by a 10 minute mile and a 5min CD. BUrn some calories and got it finished early!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    2/7 with 3 miles between the TM & the elliptical and workout 2 of JMBR! Great calorie burners!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Great burns, ladies! I'm just 1/7 today with a 3 mile run on the treadmill super early before work this morning. Didn't get my run in on Sunday because we didn't get home until too late, but I'm ready for the rest of the week and should be able to get 3 additional runs in.

Super crazy day at work so gotta run, but hope you guys are doing well!
  • vhuber
    3/7 Tuesday with 2 hrs of unloading the food truck at work, 300 reps and 35 minutes on the TM.
    4/7 Wednesday with 949 reps from JMBR and 45 minutes on the TM.
  • wanna_be_fit
    2/7 Wed night with a 3.4 mile run with my running group
    3/7 this morning with a 2 mile run on the treadmill. Had been planning for a 4 mile run, but started feeling yucky halfway through. I don't think I hydrated enough after last night's run. Oh well, better than nothing!

Happy Thursday all! Almost to the weekend!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    We MUST be getting close to a roll over ladies!!!!

Good job Heather! I am happy that Friday is almost here too. Do you realize we are wishing our lives away when we wish for Friday to finally get here?:laugh:

My 5/7 was 68 minutes on treadmill including a cooldown and JMBR workout 2!
  • vhuber
    6/7 was 30 minutes on the treadmill at 5 a.m.! I HATE that time of morning but LOVE it when it's over!!!
    Have an awesome weekend girls!!
  • makeitallsue
    Good week for me, finished 6/7.
    Yesterday I got out for a run and it felt really good. CLose to 3 1/2 miles in about 40 minutes... some of that time I was walking when cars passed and I got nervous! For a bit I think I was averaging a 10 minute mile.
    Taking today off from logging and exercise.. see you tomorrow!
    Hope your day is great!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Saturday all! Great job Verda and Debra for your 6/7!!! I'm 4/7 for the week with a 3.2 mile run with my running group this morning. Have a 5 miler planned tomorrow!

Gotta run, but hope you ladies have a great day!
  • vhuber
    I ended the week with 6/7. Took yesterday as a day of rest from fitness!

Today (1/7) I did almost 7 miles on the TM & JMBR along with other reps for another challenge!

Heather I hope you are safe from the storm!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Thanks, Verda! I don't think that we're supposed to get hit too hard, but my inlaws up in PA are expecting bad weather. Hopefully all will be okay!!!

I was 1/7 yeasterday with a 5.75 mile run at a 10:30 min/mile pace. It felt GREAT to be able to run that distance, and I felt that I could have kept going, and I'm not the least bit sore today. I was really worried that building the mileage for the race was going to be terribly difficult, but hopefully it will continue to go well!

Hope everyone has a great Monday. Today is a rest day for me, so no more runs until Tuesday morning. :smile:
  • vhuber
    Good to hear that Heather & I hope your in-laws stay safe!

My 2/7 was 5 miles on the TM and JMBR!
  • wanna_be_fit
    2/7 today with a 3 mile run on the treadmill. This getting up twice a week in the morning is getting a little easier each week, but I will be glad when I have completed the half marathon in January and I can drop back to running 3-4 days per week with only one early morning!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    3/7 with 5 miles of run walk intervals with the dogs! It was a BEAUTIFUL evening! Nothing like this past weekend with cold and snow!!
  • makeitallsue
    Gosh... where has this week gone????
    I am still sitting at 2/7 for the week.... was ill Sunday and Monday... migraine :(

Tuesday I did 45 minutes of weight training with the kids in the basement... forgot to wear my HR monitor... but still sore today so I did something right. Yesterday I ran 3.3 miles on treadmill before son suprised me coming home from school with his girlfriend for afterschool studying and dinner.... I guess she might as well get used to my smelly self!! haha She came from baseketball practice... so it was all good... we just both wanted the shower! ha!

Need to do a major store run.. but will try to get fitness in first today!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    That stinks about the migraines earlier this week, Debra. I get occasional headaches, but not migraines thank goodness. Hope you're feeling well now.

Verda, snow already??? That is crazy!

I missed my group run last night because I didn't leave the hospital until too late. Since it is getting dark early now our Wed night runs were moved up to 6pm and it is really tough for me to make that time--7pm was waaaaay easier! Oh well, hopefully I'll make most of them.

I am 3/7 as of this morning with a 5 mile run on the treadmill. It felt great and it was wonderful to get it done and out of the way before work.

Hope you guys are having a great week!!!
  • vhuber
    Yesterday (4/7) I was at the gym while waiting for GS to finish school so he could trick or treat in the country. I warmed up on TM for 15 minutes then got in my full JMBR workout! I have had NO Halloween junk since last Saturday!
    Today (5/7) was 2 miles on TM and JMBR.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Sunday all! I hope everyone got to enjoy an extra hour of sleep!

I was 4/7 yesterday with my running group run. It was 38 degrees and chilly, but it felt great to be running out in the cool weather. I would never have thought that I would enjoy running in cold weather--who knew?!!

I'm planning a 6 mile run here in a bit after I get Blake down for a nap so hubby can just worry about Olivia while I'm gone. I've got my route all planned out so it should be a good run.

Not sure if our old thread shows up in your topics list, but it does for me and Dominique (Missou) is back and posted on that thread! I replied and posted the link to this thread so hopefully she'll find her way here.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Thanks Heather for your warm welcome, it really touched me :blushing:

Verda, I agree with what you wrote on the old thread "Did any of you notice that missou deactivated her account??
    My thoughts are Thanks for the notice My 2011 52 7/7 challenge LEADER!! It would have been nice to know and we really do wish you the best!!!"

What I did was really rude and totally lacked any kind of leadrship on my part. I am sorry :flowerforyou:

Good job Ivy, Debra, Verda and Heather on your accomplishement last year and for continuing your journey this year. It is not always easy but you did it :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Here is a copy of what I wrote yesterday on the old thread

"Good morning everyone, I am back and I want to say that I am really sorry about last year. I was in a really bad place in my life. I had no more motivation to do anything. Magic Hands and I were having a really difficult time together, it is only now starting to get better. I stopped taking care of myself and what I was eating; good thing I did not gain so much weight; I am just back to 163 and I started this whole journey at 165. My body did tell me that I was bad though, I had a second and third heart attack within 36 hours last August. The first one was in 2007.

I am still having some problems with my heart, Just going out for a 15 minutes walk can be difficult. I am waiting for a test result I had in nuclear medicine that should tell the doctors what is wrong with me since nothing shows of my blood tests, my ECG or my echocardiogram. I should have an answer this week.

These days, I am doing a 15 minutes Yoga routine, even the easiest 20 minutes Pilates routine is difficult, I have to adapt it and I still feel some chest pain for a few hours after doing it. I did it once and now, I am going to wait until my heart problem is fixed to star over. The yoga routine is for my neck and shoulders, I am literally sitting at my desk while doing it.

If you'll have me again as your pal, I really would appreciate it. You were great friends. I know I didn't treat you right and again, I am really sorry about it."

Things are starting to get back on track for me but there is still a lot that needs to be done. By the way, if you don't want me around, I'll undestand :blushing: :blushing:

A shamefull Dominique :blushing:
  • wanna_be_fit
    You're welcome, Dominique! We all have rough spots in our lives, but the important thing is that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and just keep going!!!

I am officially 1/7 today with a 6.1 mile run in 58 minutes--that was a 9 1/2 min/mile pace which is fast for me! It felt good while I was running but I'm tired now! Gotta run, Olivia is craving attention today!! :)