Doctor Who

Ivy_leaves
Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
So who wants to geek out with some Doctor Who chat? :D
Did you cry when Amy and Rory left like I did? Do you already hate the new companion but know you will grow to love her?
Favorite Doctor? Favorite companion?
I'm still in love with Rose and Ten personally. <3
Oh and let's keep spoilers out or please link to an article with a warning, etc if the episode hasn't aired yet! Speculating is cool though. C:

YOWZA.

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Tennent will always be my Doctor.

I really LOVE the episodes with 11 and River - hope we get more of that.

A little sad to see Amy go - VERY sad to see Rory go, LOL!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    I wasn't sad to see Amy go. There was something about her that just got on my nerves. I really don't know why. But I loved Rory probably because he reminds me of my man. :). I was actually sad for the Doctor more than for myself, when they both left. Broke my heart to see him so sad.

My favorite companion is Donna and probably always will be and I love number 10. I love 9 and I love 11 but David will always be my favorite even though I think Matt makes a perfect Doctor, even more so than David.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    SQUEE! I was about to make a thread like this myself :D

Ten and Rose will always be my Doctor and Companion, they just are. Though I have to say I could watch a Donna episode any day of the week and be happy.

WARNING SPOILERS FROM NEW SEASON BELOW Continue reading at your own risk

I was sad when the Ponds left, but honestly, not as sad as when Rose said goodbye, or Donna for that matter. I am a bit excited that the new season is not primarily written by Stephen Moffat. Not that he isn't any good mind you, but it's time for someone new to dip their toes into the vortex. Not going to lie though Pandasamsam, I cry a LOT during Doctor Who. Tell me you didn't get a little teary when they met Vincent Van Gogh, that episode had me weeping by the end. So did Demons Run, and Silence in the Library... lets just say I have stock in Kleenex. ;)

I am already looking forward to the new companion, miss Clara! Loved her as Oswin. I am going to miss River, but we all knew that was coming.

END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS

On another note Ten and Rose still live on in my world, I am constructing the Tardis in the Sims 3. It's freaking huge and still getting bigger. When I get it complete I will post some photos in here. They just recently Traveled to China and uncovered some artifacts and chased Ghosts away. It was AWESOME!

JJSobey, I am sad Rory is gone too, I absolutely loved his character and am really going to miss him.

Nerdybre Though I love 9 and 11 too, they are all three so different it's hard to say yep that is my favorite. I do find that I watch more of the Smith Episodes, his spastic chidlike happyness just makes me, Giddy. I love to be around him, he would be someone I would invite to my wedding just for the dancing :D But then again I watch 10 over and over too, just because he is also amazing....

**** it, I just love the Doctor :D
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Ezada... We've seen Smith dance at the Pond's wedding... and you're willing to invite him to yours?!?! LOL

The beautiful thing about the doctors, with each regeneration they can be a completely different person, personality, manorisms, quirks and still be the Doctor!!

We all knew River would die, she came into the series by being written out at the Library, it was just a matter of when will it happen in her time line.

What I would love to see happen under the new writers, is a throw back to the days of the "Old Who"... I say it is time to write a story line that would call ALL 11 Doctors together to fight some massive foe... it has happened before, why not again?!?! Ok, fine... last time it was on Gallifrey, but still... They brought Sarah Jane and K-9 into the "New Who", why not all the previous doctors?!?!

9, 10 and 11 have all said himself that He is the last of the Time Lords... but how many of him survived the time war?!?! Granted, all the original doctors are either dead or far too long in the tooth, but they have seamlessly substituted a look alike before, why not do it again?!?!

Maybe just wishful thinking for this long time fan who remembers when Baker BUILT K-9... or Pertwee's use of the TARDIS console outside the main TARDIS body for a time while working with U.N.I.T.
  • Ezada
    I totally would have, we had a Halloween Themed Wedding so he would have had a blast!!!

I am actually about to go back and watch all of Classic Who, most likely starting with Baker (my Uncles Favorite) and probably hopping around between them. Because we all know that Time is not a strict progression of cause to effect.

I would LOVE to see an episode where Classic Doctors show up to fight of something with the New Doctors :D
  • gse313
    If you are going to start Classic Who.. you have GOT to start at the beginning "An Unearthly Child" from there you could jump around, but there are story lines that really should be watched in order... Example is when the doctor is tried and convicted of breaking several of the laws of time travel. He is forced to regenerate into Pertwee and exiled to earth and his knowlege of time travel erased. It isn't until the start of the 10th season (the Three Doctors) that his exile is lifted and the knowlege returned to him. After that you can jump around a bit, but again the episode titled "The 5 Doctors" comes into play and may not flow as smoothly for you if you do...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    What makes you so sure we won't see River again? Has Moffatt said anything?
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    IMy favorite companion is Donna and probably always will be and I love number 10. I love 9 and I love 11 but David will always be my favorite even though I think Matt makes a perfect Doctor, even more so than David.

Oi Spaceman!

Oh, how I love Donna! She was the most fabulous companion... mostly because I see a lot of me in her. LOL. When I lose a little bit more weight I'd love to cosplay her!

Tennant was so easy to look at, swoon worthy really. But I think I agree that Matt makes a perfect Doctor. He's just enough off center to be totally believeable!
  • Honestly, Sarah Jane was my all time favorite companion. I think the main reason for that is her time as the companion was when I first started watching Doctor Who re-runs/syndication (around 1982ish, I was just a wee li'l tyke lol) And I was sooooo happy they brought her back in the new incarnation.

Of the new ones, I've loved all of them. Matt Smith took a long time for me to warm up to - honestly I only started to really like him towards the end of season 6. David Tennant was .. rawr (right up til the end when he became emo-Doctor extraordinaire.)

I hated Rory until he finally manned up and turned into a bad *kitten* (I was really concerned he was going to turn in to another Mickey -- whiny and pouty and moping alllllll the freakin' time, ugh!) I hated Donna at first, too. It wasn't until I forcibly turned my sister on to Doctor Who that I actually enjoyed Donna's character the whole way through watching. Previously I had finally started to like her right around The Stolen Earth. Rose is the only one I've enjoyed the whole way through. Well, her and River, but does River really count as a "companion" ? And of course, Captain Jack -- who also cannot truly be considered a companion, but dang if he wasn't great eye candy.

My absolute favorite thing about the new series is that they still have that totally campy B-rate feel to them that the originals had. They have a huge (by comparison) budget, yet still the Dalek's look like they've got a plunger stuck in their armor. I love it!
  • gse313
    Well, It seems we may just get our wish... at least in part...

2013 is the 50th anniversary of 'Doctor Who'. As a result, it seems one of the episode concepts being kicked around is indeed a multi-Doctor episode... Exactly to what extent it will be is still up in the air... Supposedly Tennant said he would be willing to return but Eccleston is not... I guess we will have to wait and see.
  • Ezada
    152489137352882878_uFL2ovaT.jpg

Oh Eccleston, I hope he changes his mind :D

I am super excited, my best friend and goddaughter are almost caught up to the new season, then I am introducing them to Torchwood. FYI 3 year olds watching Doctor Who is so funny. I have taught her how to properly say Dalek too, nerd rule 101, when raising a geekling one must teach the the proper pronunciation of cross genocidal pepper pots.
  • gse313
    cross genocidal pepper pots.

Cross genocidal pepper pots with plungers sticking out of them, get it rite!!! lol
  • gse313
    Ok, so my oldest is only now, at almost 20, learning the virtues of the good Doctor thanks to one of his college room mates. I am very pleased to announce he does indeed get it... only a true fan and dry wit would appreciate this enough to share it on Facebook!! lol

Hope you all enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7gvc_dsA
  • gse313
    I TOLD people he existed, but nobody would believe me!!!! Now I have PROOF!!!! WHO The HELL would put a 1950s Police Call Box from England in sombody's yard in Hanover Park, Illinois, United States?!?!

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg
  • Ivy_leaves
    THAT'S SO COOL IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE RAINBOWS. c:
    I am so jealous.
  • Ivy_leaves
    I TOLD people he existed, but nobody would believe me!!!! Now I have PROOF!!!! WHO The HELL would put a 1950s Police Call Box from England in sombody's yard in Hanover Park, Illinois, United States?!?!

UNF. I'd only have to drive 40 minutes to steal it... ER I MEAN SEE IT.
  • gse313
    UNF. I'd only have to drive 40 minutes to steal it... ER I MEAN SEE IT.

And I'd only have to walk 1 minute to help you, I mean meet you!! ;-)
  • Ezada
    I will be there in 5 1/2 hours to help steal... I mean look at it too... <.< >.> o.O
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    I have a Paper TARDIS on my desk that I made because I am cool like that.
  • Ivy_leaves
    I will be there in 5 1/2 hours to help steal... I mean look at it too... <.< >.> o.O
    And I'd only have to walk 1 minute to help you, I mean meet you!! ;-)

I think we have assembled a team. 8)
    A team of lookers and totally not stealers yup no stealing I don't even know what stealing is. :D