level 1

Replies

• eeg214
    eeg214 Posts: 8 Member
    Didn't do day D3L1 yesterday, I figured by staying under my calorie goal and the 2 hours of walking taking my little one trick or treating would be a nice off day.

I AM SO SORE... in my armpit area??lol anyone else feel that there?

Anyway, happy and motivated to start day D3L1 today :)
  • gestures93
    gestures93 Posts: 7 Member
    Did L1D1 today and OMG am I sore. Made me realize how out of shape I really am. I kept yelling at the tv when Jillian would say to follow Anita if it was to hard.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    eeg214 - I had the same the first time I did it - It's definitely the push ups!
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Well done everyone so far!

Just finished day 6 of level 1. Felt pretty good after it so think I need to up my weights as I'm only using 3 pound ones just now, will see how my shoulders feel tomorrow.
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    D4L1 done! Finally found my 5 lb weights and put them to use. My arms were definitely more tired afterwardst than with the 2 pound that I had been using.
    I took my "before" pictures this afternoon too. OY! Not pretty. It certainly was motivation to push myself harder though!
  • D4L1 done! Finally found my 5 lb weights and put them to use. My arms were definitely more tired afterwardst than with the 2 pound that I had been using.
    I took my "before" pictures this afternoon too. OY! Not pretty. It certainly was motivation to push myself harder though!

way to go,Ive been thinking about increasing my weights.
  • bigbear3006
    bigbear3006 Posts: 7 Member
    D3LI done! But I am so sore!! The first day it was my legs and now for the last 2 days it has been my arms. I know it is the push ups! I love the way that the DVD is organized though... just when I think I can't do any more we switch to something else. ;D
  • LightningSparks
    LightningSparks Posts: 9 Member
    L1D3 complete! All I can say is DAYYUM! It hurts like all hell but sooo worth it in such a short amount of time...I'm noticing my thigh muscles getting bigger and I love it! One thing though...shouldn't we have a "rest day" somewhere in there? I've always been told that you should work your muscles every second day...what makes 30DS different?
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Lightning Spar you definitely should have a rest day, it gives the muscles time to recover. How often you have them will vary between people. In the very least taking 1/2 days off a week is really important - afterall what we're doing whilst shredding is breaking all the muscle fibres and just like an injury they have to be allowed some time to heal.

I am taking one enforced day off a week (although this week it's a day late because I'm going away) and allowing myself one other day off if I feel I need it.

When I used to body scuplt I would weight train 4/5 days a week (all in a row), and just do cardio the rest to allow my muscles recovery time and back then I was a machine (haha!). I know my trainers all recommend newbies start out training two days and resting one. But do what feels best for you. I know a lot of people do the workout with no rests but they tend to be the ones who struggle through not giving it their all every workout (and not getting the best results) or they're the ones who burn out and give up or worse who get injured. I mean absolutely no offense intended to anyone who decides that training with no breaks is right for them, but don't feel you've failed yourself if you need to take a break!
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Level 1 day 1 complete my 4 yr old said you can do it Mommy she said so.
    How cute my 8 year old and 4 year old were right along with me doing the workout!! I too started on the 29th and did day 3 of it today since yesterday was such a busy day with Halloween! As of now I plan on doing it Monday thur Thursday or even Friday, and take maybe start jogging Saturday thur Sunday...Just a thought as of now if not I will go with the flow!
    Best of luck to ya'll I know we can do this!!
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Didn't do day D3L1 yesterday, I figured by staying under my calorie goal and the 2 hours of walking taking my little one trick or treating would be a nice off day.

I AM SO SORE... in my armpit area??lol anyone else feel that there?

Anyway, happy and motivated to start day D3L1 today :)

Yes! The muscles (whatever they are) between my pits and my boobs. It's those damn pushups! My quads hurt like haitis too!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Way to go everyone!

I was going to do day 4 of level 1 today but I had a fitness assessment last night at my local rec centre and it was one tough workout! She put me through much of the same exercises as the shred: squats, push ups, sit ups, running on the treadmill (a mile and a half - alot for someone who doesn't run!). Anyway, she advised me to take a day off the shred so I'll get back to it tomorrow. Looking forward to it! I'm loving that I can feel the muscles are much harder in my quads and my shoulders are showing some definition - woohoo!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    off to do it now, just ran 5k on the treadmill, so if I don't go NOW I won't do it :)

Well done all!
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Hello, my name is Carla. I am doing the 30 say shred (as well as I can). Day 1 was yesterday, and oh my, how sadly out of shape I am! Today, my shape feels like melted candle wax, just puddled there where I dropped in bed last night....to say I'm sore would be a bit of an understatement-it even hurts to type....very sad, I know. I have committed to trying to do this everyday, so, I will give it a go today again. Everybody starting out, let's keep on going!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Did it! Really didn't want to, but didn't do any exercise yesterday, so I've made up for it with the shred and running, feel much better now :)
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    How many days is everyone planning on staying on one level? I was going to do 10 days because of how sore I was. I did day 1 and 2 on Monday and Tuesday, then got busy Wed and Thurs so tonight will be day 3. I'm also doing yoga.

Question 2: I am reading alot about adding in cardio. Isn't shred cardio as well? Or is it not enough? Can some please let me know. Thank you.
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Well I am day 5...my shoulders are still sore and my body still looks the same...LOL.:laugh:
    Keep it up everyone!
  • Ishandra
    Ishandra Posts: 3 Member
    Day 5... doing it.
    Worried if I should move to level 2 after D10 if I still can't do all the push-ups?

I know it's probably just bloat but after a week I did lose 1" off my undertoned waist!

Thanks for posting it's awesome to see what you all have to say.

Have a great weekend!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    How many days is everyone planning on staying on one level?
    It's designed so you do each level 10x (so ten days no including rest days)

Question 2: I am reading alot about adding in cardio. Isn't shred cardio as well? Or is it not enough?

Yes the shred is also cardio, and for me it gets me worked up almost as much as my 5k runs! I haven't really added in any extra cardio, actually I haven't run since I started it so I guess I'm doing less, but my results so far have been great. If you feel up to and want to add in cardio then all it can do is help, but if you don't feel up to it what you're doing alone is enough to see results.

Well ladies, I've just completed day 8 of level 1 and feeling pretty pleased, I'm away for two nights now so tomorrow (Sunday) will be a rest day and I'm *hoping* my MFP friends will kick my butt if I don't do day 9 when I get back on Monday night. Happy shredding!
  • APAmy
    APAmy Posts: 6 Member
    @Ishandra: Good for you re 1" lost!