Protein Shakes for meal replacements

I was wondering what type of protein you all use after the gym/ for meal replacements!
(whey, soy, casein and the brands)
Thanks!!!!

Replies

• Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    I use whey. The brand I use is Syntrax Nectar. Awesome flavor variety and only 100 calories for 24 grams of protein.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    lean 25 (GNC) and Syntha 6 (BSN)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Whey. Bodylogix (from Meijer)
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Vega One - 123 calories for a scoop, 15g of protein
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    I use muscle tech whey protein. It is chocolate and I mix it with water it tastes great. 20 g of protein and 120 calories. I drink it when I need a chocolate fix too!

ETA: I do not drink protein shakes for a meal replacement. I drink them after my workout or sometimes in the afternoon when I need a snack but never as a meal replacement.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    I'm lactose intolerant, so right now I'm experimenting with alternatives to complete whey. The Syntrax Nectar is a whey protein isolate like Soccer_Chick mentioned, and I love it! I also like the Jay Robb egg white protein chocolate, but it's terribly expensive. The two I don't like so much is Biochem Vegan (pea protein) and Full Circle non-GMO organic soy protein.
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    I've got 2 on the go at the moment, Optimum Nutrition Whey and Syntha 6 (A blend I think) @ about 22 grams of protein to 190 calories.

ON is great when you need the protein, but can't spare the calories. Sytha is delish and much better in baked goodies too.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    I use whey. The brand I use is Syntrax Nectar. Awesome flavor variety and only 100 calories for 24 grams of protein.

I am a Syntrax lover too!! the flavors are great and they mix easily.

I suggest the variety sampler pack to anyone that has never tried Syntrax.
    :drinker:
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    bump
  • What's this? You can put protein drinks in baked goods? That's awesome! What do you usually mix them into?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    What's this? You can put protein drinks in baked goods? That's awesome! What do you usually mix them into?

I put it in everything, and you don't necessarily need a special recipe that includes it. Cookies, cakes, fudge, muffins, both sweet and savory. I even mix vanilla wpi with milk before pouring over cereal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Protein powder isn't a meal replacement.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member

I use that to!
  • Hey girls!! I use Visalus protein shake meal replacements! I am really seeing results and absolutely love them!!

It's a completely word of mouth company so they don't advertise. A freind of mine got me into them!

Check them out!

http://jsanc041.myvi.net
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I use GNC whey...vanilla is spectacular. Chocolate is ok but tastes a lot like cocoa....wish it was sweeter and I often mix ovaltine with it to make it sweeter. The vanilla is freaking awesome in OJ!