World Gym members

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
There's a brand new World Gym that just opened by me, and they have crazy cheap monthly specials (basically for a year it's $156 including any fees and all that.) So it comes out to $8.99 a month, plus a $40 enrollment fee, with the $8.99 rate guaranteed never to go up. I pay $33 a month for LA Fitness and while I like the other members that go there, I LOATHE the staff and trainers. World Gym is just as close as my current gym, so that doesn't come into play at all. Probably save me more money since LA Fitness is across the street from the mall!

I've never been a member there, are there any here? Do you have any complaints or compliments?

Any unbiased help from someone other than an employee when I take the tour would be helpful. I want to check it out, but you know they never tell you the bad side. Like when I see people touring LA Fitness, I laugh when the sales person walks by or the trainers suddenly say hello to the new people. I just want to be like "As soon as you sign up, those people will never speak to you again, not even to say hello."

Hopefully some of you go there and will tell me the centers AND the staff are amazing.

Replies

• toots99
    Anyone? Beuller? :wink:
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    I was a member in Cols. Ohio and never had a problem, I did know the owner but payed full price
  • sasaroo
    sasaroo Posts: 6 Member
    Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?
  • toots99
    Thanks!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Bump. I'm in the market for a new gym as Lifetime is just getting unbearably expensive. I saw this one is near me and it is a gym, as opposed to a health club so I'm hoping it has more of a weight section as opposed to a hundred treadmills and two squat racks that you have to wait 45 minutes for.

But on the other hand, I'm afraid it will be full of big buff people who will mock me for being a weak little weenie.
  • toots99
    But on the other hand, I'm afraid it will be full of big buff people who will mock me for being a weak little weenie.

Eh, who cares what they think? :drinker: