Doctor Who

Replies

• gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    I think we have assembled a team. 8)
    A team of lookers and totally not stealers yup no stealing I don't even know what stealing is. :D

This is provided it does not dematerialize before we get there... true?!?!
  • murmuration
    murmuration Posts: 21 Member
    I TOLD people he existed, but nobody would believe me!!!! Now I have PROOF!!!! WHO The HELL would put a 1950s Police Call Box from England in sombody's yard in Hanover Park, Illinois, United States?!?!

That is brilliant. Or as Nine would say: "FANTASTIC".
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    I found these on tumblr, here we have some Whovian Workouts!

tumblr_m3483jJV2W1qlkai7o1_400.png

tumblr_m0ngqrn4Ta1rrtggyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4n2cdYNNh1rt7eioo1_500.png

LhZAI.jpg
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Ten is my doctor, no question, though I have no problems with Matt Smith like some people seem to. Donna Noble was my favorite companion, and how she left broke my heart.

In fact, I can't think of many episodes of this show that *don't* make me cry!!!

Though I love the classic episodes, I really enjoy some of the things they are doing these days. Those angels ... *shiver*. And the episode "The Doctor's Wife" written by Neil Gaiman - that was just pure brilliance.

Allons-y!
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Please don't misunderstand- I love Russell T. Davies. I loved the 10th Doctor.

You know what I dig about the Steven Moffatt/Matt Smith years? There is, like, 60% less sadness.

It's light and fluffy and funnier. Much less of the "I HAVE to sacrifice myself, it's the only way! I know you've only known me 1 episode, but now you are emotionally attached. Let's let the music swell while you watch me die."
  • explodingalice
    I dunno, though. They packed a boatload of sad into that last episode. :(

You know what I dig about the Steven Moffatt/Matt Smith years? There is, like, 60% less sadness.

It's light and fluffy and funnier. Much less of the "I HAVE to sacrifice myself, it's the only way! I know you've only known me 1 episode, but now you are emotionally attached. Let's let the music swell while you watch me die."
  • Katt1320

:( Yes they did. I LOVE THE PONDS!!!! :( Hey, have you seen the video BBC put together for us? It's a scene explaining what happens with Rory's dad? It made me....infinitly happy. And I cried. Like a little b!tch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
  • gse313
    Very much a throw back to the original Weeping Angels episode when the best friend's grandson delivers the letter. I like it!!
  • explodingalice
    I did see that, and there was much little-*****ness going on over here as well.

:( Yes they did. I LOVE THE PONDS!!!! :( Hey, have you seen the video BBC put together for us? It's a scene explaining what happens with Rory's dad? It made me....infinitly happy. And I cried. Like a little b!tch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
  • explodingalice
    Love that TARDIS, I want one. I'm very fond of the furniture people make (bookshelves, etc.) that look like them. I want to TARDIS everything in my house. As a matter of fact, one of my recent NSVs was that I bought a tight little TARDIS dress from Hot Topic in a size Large (not an XL or 2X!) and rocked it a couple of weeks ago.

And to get back to the convo about companions, I think it would be great if they would at some point give us a companion who is either a) not human, or b) not a girl, or c) both. They used to do that in the classic series. I guess there's a sorta-maybe angle depending on what happens with this new companion when it begins airing again...
  • Katt1320
    Non-human would be a lot of fun!

The only thing about the new companion is the idea that she is a "genius with computers". She will be hot and she will be funny and she will be the latest Sonic Screwdriver.

Here's this thing we can't get out of. Let's use your giant brain to get us out! Hey, the Doctor can't figure out how to do that other thing. Don't worry, Doctor! My genius is all we need to overcome this obsticle we've spent all episode building up to. Hey, this is made fo wood! The Sonic doesn't work on wood. WELL my ever-useful knowledge works on wooden stuffs!

But she will be funny and she will be hot. So...I'M cool with it.
  • gse313
    The "Smart, Female, Alien" concept was done once before... well alien to US... anyone remember Romana? She gave 4 a run for his money at times and always approached it with a tongue-in-cheek when she did. Now THERE is a companion I miss at times.

9 had his *kitten* getting saved moment when Rose looked into the vortex and saved him on the space station, 10 had his humble pie moment with DoctorDonna

I could see a similar companion... maybe another humaniod species like the reptillians or something this time. maybe not SMARTER, but definately a different perspective that can see things in a way 11 may miss until they are brought up.
  • explodingalice
    Yep, Romana is one of the ones I was thinking of.

And there is *some* possibility that the new companion is trapped inside a Dalek. I think it'd be cooler if they leave her that way so that's he traveling around with a Dalek all the time but when they talk we get views of her inside. But I'm pretty sure they won't go that route.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Love that TARDIS, I want one. I'm very fond of the furniture people make (bookshelves, etc.) that look like them. I want to TARDIS everything in my house. As a matter of fact, one of my recent NSVs was that I bought a tight little TARDIS dress from Hot Topic in a size Large (not an XL or 2X!) and rocked it a couple of weeks ago.

I am going to paint my front door to look like the TARDIS. And also going to paint the closet door in my office to look like one as well. One can not have too many TARDIS'. :)
  • gse313
    And there is *some* possibility that the new companion is trapped inside a Dalek. I think it'd be cooler if they leave her that way so that's he traveling around with a Dalek all the time but when they talk we get views of her inside. But I'm pretty sure they won't go that route.

Are you talking about the girl from 'Asylum of the Daleks'? That WOULD be cool... but would he take her before the "conversion" or after? Before, she would still be human, but couldn't save any of them from the Dalek nut house!!

She would be the type to out do him... she was, after all, able to delete him from all databases!!
  • gse313
    BTW... stopped with some help today... Guess The Doctor is really busy here because the TARDIS has not dematerialized yet.... more cubes maybe?!?!

Anyway... got these pics

GregampTARDIS.jpg
    I'll just wait, rite here, for him to get back...

StephanieampTARDIS.jpg
    You think we found the next "Girl who waited"?!?!? Hope she has a better time of it than his LAST Mother-In-Law!!!
  • Katt1320
    I thought they already definitivley said that she was the new companion?
  • explodingalice
    The actress is definitely the new companion. The speculation is how does she arrive to the doctor? Does he go back and try to rescue her from ever becoming a Dalek? Does he find an earlier version of her before that happens and just not tell her what lies in her future? Does he take her in her Dalek form (as I mentioned)? Or, does he in fact end up with a relative of hers that he finds elsewhere, who is played by the same actress? Those are the theories I've seen so far, so I'm eager to see what they actually do.
    I thought they already definitivley said that she was the new companion?
  • Katt1320
    DAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dalek-princess-1.jpg