Diet Pill

13»

Replies

• holdthis
    holdthis Posts: 28 Member
    Diet pills are not the way to go. They will not give you self control. not to mention the dangerous side effects. That has to come from you. You have to really want to succeed! You can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy. Take it one day at a time one meal at a time and you will see...........
    Effort = Reward!
    :wink:
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    The ONe "diet pill" that I can honestly say worked for me was Cylaris.I lost 30 lbs in just over a month with Cylaris along with healthy eating and exercise. When I went back to get another bottle...it was discontinued.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Tyrone.jpg

eating food to deal with stress or taking pills to deal with stress. you're doing it wrong.
    Other options: alcohol, sex, gambling, smoking, shoplifting, secret cutting or.... self control.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Something that might help... try eating more protein at every meal and snack. I started doing this after reading about it so often on MFP and it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Diet pills = Speed

:smokin:
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    do all the diet pills out there make you crap out the fat? i was on xenical once, and that's what it did, just wondering if other pills do different things.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    do all the diet pills out there make you crap out the fat? i was on xenical once, and that's what it did, just wondering if other pills do different things.

xenical is a different thing all together. shes talking about appetite suppressants, like amphetamines and their relatives, hoodia and cigarettes too. they just make you not hungry, and sometimes look like this:

crystal-meth-funny-fail-life-demotivational-demotivational-poster-1281339611.jpeg
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    phentermine helped me lose 20lbs in 5 weeks hope that helps
  • I've heard great things about Skinny Fiber!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    .. The solution to what? Being overweight?

No....nuclear fusion.

Of course being overweight.

If only there was a way for us to stop being overweight! If only would could exercise, and track the food we ate, and owned up to the responsibility of the choices we make!

Sigh. That seems impossible--I suppose I'll wait for those scientists to just cure us of poor choices so I can continue eating however I want! Hell, maybe I'll just hold out for when we all end up on hoverseats like in Wall-E!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I suppose I'll wait for those scientists to just cure us of poor choices so I can continue eating however I want! Hell, maybe I'll just hold out for when we all end up on hoverseats like in Wall-E!

Lobotomies and feeding tubes for EVERYONE!
  • mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    I have used phentermine to jump start my weight loss. However, it is so so important to do your part and that's portion control, proper nutrients, and exercise. If you don't do your part the weight will come back. I took phentermine for about 2 months and lost 25 lbs in those two months. But since then I have went on to lose almost 100 more without it.
  • melissawilson21
    melissawilson21 Posts: 74 Member
    I have used one or two but the most natural and effective for me right now is chromium (controls blood sugar and etc), rasberry ketones, green coffee bean extract and fiber. I think this is a good combination and I feel great and have energy. My number one thing to watch for is sugar cravings and I don't need usgar because of PCOS.
  • Some diet pills DO work. Phentermine gives a metabolic boost, supresses the appetite and raises energy levels. The problem is that most people take them and just eat less, without actually changing their daily habits. After a couple of months, the pill loses it's effectiveness and the dosage has to be increased to remain effective. If a healthy lifestyle is not developed while a person is on phentermine, then they will immediately start gaining weight once they've stopped taking the drug.

Yeah, phen has side effects but they pale in comparison to cholesterol reducing drugs, blood pressure reducing drugs, and heart medications. Keeping the weight down helps to eliminate the conditions that lead to the need for the drugs and don't even get me started on all of the health conditions that diabetic people have to live with.

People who are depressed, take antidepressants, They too have side effects. Are those people bad for needing to get help for their emotional state? After all, its' the emotions that cause over eating in the first place.

I've taken phentermine before and it worked for me. Once I lost the weight, I stopped taking it. I kept the weight off with maintenance for 12 years. When I hit age 38, my metabolic rate began to decrease. I started gaining weight and eventually lost my will to maintain due to frustration. I'm now 40 lbs over weight. I've started taking phen again it's helping me, but I've also significantly changed my eating habits and have included a daily workout. I don't feel bad about this at all. . .I'm using it the way it's intended to be used, which is key. So, while I advocate the use of the drug for those who need it, I also want to stress that it should be used in combination with a healthy diet and exercise program, prescribed by your physician.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Maybe I am different than most but there are a few OTC products that crush my appetite.