Workout Music

I've just gotten started on working out more, and I'm wondering what songs are your favorites when working out. I'll listen to almost anything, so send some songs my way please!

Replies

• gdogra
    gdogra Posts: 43 Member
    LOL Bryan Adams' 18 till I die makes my heart rate spike.. I love the first riff.
    Rammstein is nice for high intensity workouts.
    Also, Pendulum and Dedmau5 are nice for continuous runs :)
  • Depending on what type you like. I have quite a variety on my Ipod. Depending on the day, but some Shinedown songs, or Keri Hilson's newest one. Pretty Girl Rock gets me going!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    pendulum - witchcraft
  • Being a Christian, and a walker, I love the Kim Alexis workouts. She arranges the gospel music in a warm up, get more intensive and cool down order. Plus she throws in some Bible verses, and encouragement along the way. I love praising God while walking!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Black Eyed Peas
    Black Keys
    Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
    Chris Cornell - You Know My Name
    David Guetta - Titanium
    Franz Ferdinand - This Fire
    Garbage - Run Baby Run
    Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up
    Good Charlotte - The Anthem
    Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
    Jimmy Eat World - Salt Sweat Sugar
    Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
    Kazzer - Pedal to the Metal
    Killers - Somebody Told Me
    Linking Park - Burn It Down
    Mika - Love Today
    Pink - Raise Your Glass
    RHCP - Higher Ground
    Sophie Ellis Bextor - Catch You
    Treble Charger - Hundred Million
    White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
    30 Seconds to Mars - Closer to the Edge
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    The music used by the Lord of the Dance troup and by the Cirque du Soleil are great to get your heart pumping hard.
  • I love listening to songs that have nice beats.

Rihanna- Only girl in the world
    Lipps Inc- Funky town
    Anything by daft punk lol
    Justice- D.A.N.C.E

If you have Pandora you can listen to Zumba stations and those always get me ready to run and burn calories lol
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    bump
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Anything with a heavy guitar that makes me wanna smash a FACE IN !!!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Nickleback Burn it to the Ground
  • Thank you for the suggestions! I can make a great list from all of this. I'll also check out lists on Spotify. :)
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Some Latin sounds...Salsa, merengue, reggaeton hehe try it you'll like!:bigsmile:
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Ah crap! I just made a thread about the same thing. Didn't see you had already made this one. Ignore mine! These are my current favorites.

Right Round - Flo Rida
    Die Young - Kesha
    We Run the Night - Havana Brown (Featuring Pit Bull)
    Chasing the Sun - The Wanted
    Raise Your Glass - Pink
    Pound The Alarm - Nicki Minaj
    Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
    Shake It - Metro Station
    Dog Days Are Over - Floremce + The Machine
    S&M - Rihanna
    Scream - Usher
    50 Wasy to Say Goodbye - Train
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    too many to choose from - but when OZOMATLI cycles through a shuffle - I kick it up a couple of notches!
  • larosita57
    larosita57 Posts: 60 Member
    I LOVE electronica - it's most of what I have on my Ipod playlist for running. There are two great exercise-oriented FREE podcasts on Itunes, Motiontraxx and Podrunner. I highly recommend those. I also like Earslap podcast, which isn't designed specifically for exercise but will definitely get you pumpin' - has awesome electronica/dance/drum and bass mixes - each week a new DJ - one great mix is by the Chemical Brothers.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Anything with a heavy guitar that makes me wanna smash a FACE IN !!!
    haha this. I have to work out to angrier music to get my adrenaline working so I workout harder and longer. Typically bands like American Head Charge ("Loyalty"), Norma Jean ("Athiest Deathbed"), Chevelle, Dry Kill Logic, etc.
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    I usually have a mix of fast paced rock (Shinedown, Chevelle) with some pop or hip-hop (Lady Gaga, Nicki, Kesha, whatever) and lately I've added some Dubstep mixes (Datsik - Calypso and Knife Party - Bonfire). It kinda makes you feel like a bada** and that's pretty motivational.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Mostly country music--weird I know!

Confessions Of An Ex Girlfriend
    Alone With You
    Springsteen
    Redneck Woman
    Truck Yeah
    I Don't Want this Night to End
  • Stuff I hear in Zumba class...like Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Wisin y Yandel, Pitbull, Flo Rida...
    I also like "bangarang" by skrillex, even though I don't normally like that kind of music. It pumps me up!
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    being older than most I prefer to look back to when music was actually good(although I love Train). I go with Queen, Boston , Journey, reo, Kansas, Pink Floyd, etc...lots of upbeat stuff there!!:tongue: