New to the MFP family!!

Options
dancer33
dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
I just started my account on here yesterday, and I'm really hoping I can finally stay on track!! I tend to be an emotional eater, or just eat when I get bored, then regret it later. My goal in this is not solely to LOSE WEIGHT. With heart disease running in my family, I just want to get healthy! ...and I'm hoping a little bit of weight loss comes along with that. I'm on the dance team at my university, and would like to feel more confident while I'm dancing! Whenever I gain a few pounds, I don't feel coordinated or motivated at practices. I hate when this happens because dancing is what I love the most!! I decided to start a program on here in order to make a change in LIFESTYLE, not just a diet. I've seen how encouraging MFP members can be just from browsing through some posts, so I'm hoping this program will get me in great shape in order to reach my full potential as a dancer, and eventually fulfill my dream of dancing for the NBA after college :)

Replies

• dancer33
    Options
    I just started my account on here yesterday, and I'm really hoping I can finally stay on track!! I tend to be an emotional eater, or just eat when I get bored, then regret it later. My goal in this is not solely to LOSE WEIGHT. With heart disease running in my family, I just want to get healthy! ...and I'm hoping a little bit of weight loss comes along with that. I'm on the dance team at my university, and would like to feel more confident while I'm dancing! Whenever I gain a few pounds, I don't feel coordinated or motivated at practices. I hate when this happens because dancing is what I love the most!! I decided to start a program on here in order to make a change in LIFESTYLE, not just a diet. I've seen how encouraging MFP members can be just from browsing through some posts, so I'm hoping this program will get me in great shape in order to reach my full potential as a dancer, and eventually fulfill my dream of dancing for the NBA after college :)
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome to the best site on the interweb.

We're glad to have you join us.

:happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck reaching your goal. Let me know if you need anything!

-Tami
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! It's nice to have you here.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm relatively new myself and find the site invaluable. It keeps me focussed.

Hope it works for you.

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dancer33
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!