Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/5/12

Replies

• jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    I got my first "hey, have you lost some weight?"!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    This may seem dumb BUT I can actually wrap a normal sized towel around my body!!:blushing:
  • Being able to run across campus, print out homework, and run back across campus and make it to class on time with in a very short time period. ohhhh yeaaa!
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    This morning I went back to the school I taught at last year and saw many of my old students and former co-workers and several commented on my weight loss! I didn't start losing weight until after school let out in May and most of them haven't seen me since then.
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    started 30ds and didn't give up! pulled out an old pair or track pants that use to barley go over my but now they fit :P
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    This may seem dumb BUT I can actually wrap a normal sized towel around my body!!:blushing:

sooo not dumb I was so happy when this happened to me! I was like wait a minute... this towel use to barely go around my chest now it's almost around my entire body!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    My daughter insisted that I Google Christing Aguilara's age because she absolutely couldnt believe that she is younger than I am (by about 15 years too!)

Guess all this exercise and good eating is paying off! :-)
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    I went to watch parade at my daughters school, haven't been for ages.

Afterwards I was getting ready to leave and the headmaster came over to me and said "You've lost a heap of weight! You're looking really good"

Made my day =)
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    ran out of things to wear today.. my last pair of pants that fit are now held up with a safety pin. I don't know if I should shop now or after the last 5-10 lb are off.. I think I will tough it out.
  • leesh07
    leesh07 Posts: 13 Member
    My NSV for today would be getting 2 workouts in... without going to the gym! Dog walking = a great second workout! Feels good to make my pup happy while I'm helping myself :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    I saw a former colleague I hadn't seen since March and her mouth dropped when she saw how much weight I had lost. She kept saying, "Oh, my word! I can't believe it! You look so healthy and happy!" :)
  • COCO_Chanielle
    COCO_Chanielle Posts: 8 Member
    I'm getting used to portioning my food out! today I wanted seconds but didnt go for it! Saying over and over in my head Food is not a reward...It's only to nurish the body!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    rocked a core class today...doing pushups, but with my feet tip-toe on an exercise ball, and my hands on a medicine ball (that has handles on it. The instructor asked me if I had been practicing at home.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Was away all weekend, not eating home cooked or drinking water and my size 12 still fit. Packed away the size 14.
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    I jogged for 30 mins non stop. The first time since high school.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member

That just happened to me, caught me totally off guard. :)
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    The towel wrapped around me so much better this morning. I also went down a hole in my belt!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    I tried on a man's jacket today at Costco. I USED to wear (and was too big for) a man's 2XL. Today I grabbed a large, thought about it for a sec, put it back and grabbed a medium. It zipped all the way up no problem. I didn't like it on, LOL, so didn't get it, but that was an awesome feeling.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member

That just happened to me, caught me totally off guard. :)

me too last weekend. I came out to show my husband!
  • A professor made me feel like an idiot today because I didn't understand some of the math (I'm in Biochemistry) and now I feel like I won't be able to get any help with this stuff from him and I'm afraid for my grade (today is the first day--not a good start at ALL) and I cried on my way home from the university (prolly due in part to hormones).

But you ****ing know what I did? I came home and ran two miles in 20:39, including an under-one-minute water break at a water fountain in between the two. That's the only time I stopped or slowed down. I have never ran two miles straight in my life and I went on to do 2.5 all the way home. Then I did 25 minutes of circuit training and burned another 200 calories (500 total).

You know what I'm going to do now? Work out the math problems on my own so I don't fall behind and then spend a beautiful night with my girlfriend and my friends. I feel great now, that workout was just what I needed. No holier than thou professor is going to mess with any aspect of my life--not my grades, not my learning, and certainly not my fitness. The only thing that can stop me is me.

I feel empowered.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!