INSANITY FINISHERS/ at home work-outs....?

One of my BIGGEST issues is finding the time to go to the gym! i have found that AT-HOME workouts are alot easier for me to do! i just get worried that they dont work well enough or it will take alot longer to get results that way! have any of you tried insanity or have gotten good results from any other at-home workouts?!?! i would love to hear some great suggestions/ success stories!

how was it for you guys?
did you get the results you wanted?
did you get any results at all?

day 1 of insanity started today for me! this is my second attempt at finishing it! i really is "insane"

im interested in some success stories or even not-so-successfull stories as well!!

share your experience!!

add me as well!! looking for great supporters/motivators!

Replies

• ANYONE?!?!?!? lol sheesh
  • I don't know why you're not getting any responders!! I LIVE by home workouts! I have a 9 month old baby girl, and besides when I was in university, i've never had motivation to go to the gym. I'm just finishing off P90X/TurboFire hybrid, In 2 and a half months, I've lost 25lbs and 3 pant sizes, however I'm much stronger and I have much more endurance when I play soccer. I'm doing insanity and Les Mills once I'm done, and actually am holding a challenge group if you're interested.
    I think if you can put in the work, the hardest part is making yourself do it and to keep yourself accountable for doing it. Eating properly, taking food tips from the programs and doing research into what you should eat to get the results you. You also have to be able to push yourself hard enough to get to the next level and avoid the plateau. It's always easier to do that with buddies to push you, if you need a new buddy add me :)
    I'm excited to try insantiy!
  • lawandabradley
    lawandabradley Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I'm currently doing Insanity. I'm on my Recovery week. I will start Month 2 on Thursday. I've noticed the difference in my body. You should see a difference with in 2-3 weeks. I've heard you will see most of your results in Month 2, which is the hardest month. Its a tough program but YOU have to be dedicated to stick with it. And try to eat the best as you can in order to see some results. I found the at home DVD workouts works better for me. But everyone is different, so whatever works for you!!
  • This sounds great! I'm starting Insanity this week bc like you my life with 6 mo. old baby and full time job have had a very hard time getting into the gym! I hope Insanity works I've done so well working out lately I've just noticed I'm very tired- I may not be eating enough calories. did you follow the food guide to a T? I eat overall very well just wondered if I need to follow this in every step. Any advice I would apperciate it. thank you.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Congrats to you for starting Insanity! I've done two rounds and my results have been amazing to me. I love it!! I'm waiting on my Turbo Fire to come in at the moment so I can start it! I've tried ChaLean Extreme but I find it kind of boring because Shaun T has turned me into a cardio junkie!!
  • Sherrim13
    Sherrim13 Posts: 12 Member
    If you are looking to lose weight along with toning, make sure you are watching your calories and eating 'good' if you are not following the Insanity diet. I ate great during the week but on the weekends I didn't eat that fabulous (but didn't go overboard that often) and after my 60 days of insanity I was very disappointed as I didnt' lose a pound (in fact I gained two and I need to lose 20/30!) I did get smaller and noticed my body looked better but I was still 30 pounds overweight and disappointed. I might attempt another round of Insanity again but am nervous I'd just be disappointed again...
  • I just received the videos and will be starting INSANITY this week. I am fighting a chest cold and am waiting to do the fit test until I know I can get through. Is there an area on the website that gives you guidelines on height and weight? I would like to lose about 10 pounds but have had 0 luck. I am 5'6" and 150 pounds which is healthy however, I would like to slim my waist (after 3 kids) and just overall feel better. I workout now at home doing Biggest Loser workouts....strength training and other videos and have not seen the scale move AT ALL. My arms are more toned and I know I am stronger but it is that darn number! I am hoping to get some good results from INSANITY myself. I am new to the fitness pal and am hoping support from others will help keep my obsession at bay!
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    I work full time and have 2 young kids so I get up at 5am to work out. I am on week 7 of P90X and I have lost 5 pounds and I just did my first measurements last week as I didn't realize that was so important. I noticed the scale wasn't moving very fast but my clothes were getting looser. I plan on doing Insanity next, we will see what kind of results I get with that.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    I only do at home workouts besides lifting. I have done Insanity, P90X and turbo Fire multiple times with great results every time. Insanity does get easier after the first few workouts!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Insanity has been awesome! I am in my final week now. In the past 3 1/3 months, I have done Turbo Jam paired with 10 Minute Trainer for a month before starting Insanity. Last time I checked, I have lost 18 pounds, 29" inches overall, 10-11% body fat body and lost two pants sizes. TJ helped me lose weight and get in shape, 10MT started building some strength and Insanity has rocked me! I've built strength, gained muscle and burned lots of fat and I have lost most of my inches during the past two months.
  • Way to go! That is awesome!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Thanks for posting this thread. I needed some motivation to get me started. I have Insanity sitting on my dresser at home. Thinking it's time to "dust it off" and get to work!!!
  • @DMUND - if you do it I will do it! Let's try it!
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    I did month 1 of Insanity, and then took a break due to lack of time etc., and after a hiking vacation I am now back on it (yesterday was day 1). I hope that I can stick with it until the end this time, as I also did not have a lot of weight loss in the first month, but I did see that my condition got a lot better and my shape was better as well :-) There's hope!
  • I don't know why you're not getting any responders!! I LIVE by home workouts! I have a 9 month old baby girl, and besides when I was in university, i've never had motivation to go to the gym. I'm just finishing off P90X/TurboFire hybrid, In 2 and a half months, I've lost 25lbs and 3 pant sizes, however I'm much stronger and I have much more endurance when I play soccer. I'm doing insanity and Les Mills once I'm done, and actually am holding a challenge group if you're interested.
    I think if you can put in the work, the hardest part is making yourself do it and to keep yourself accountable for doing it. Eating properly, taking food tips from the programs and doing research into what you should eat to get the results you. You also have to be able to push yourself hard enough to get to the next level and avoid the plateau. It's always easier to do that with buddies to push you, if you need a new buddy add me :)
    I'm excited to try insantiy!

i have never heard of turbo fire!! right now i am doing insanity and plan to do p90x afterwards! i just felt like i was doing all i could do cause i was at home! i think its a mental thing tho!
  • Hi, I'm currently doing Insanity. I'm on my Recovery week. I will start Month 2 on Thursday. I've noticed the difference in my body. You should see a difference with in 2-3 weeks. I've heard you will see most of your results in Month 2, which is the hardest month. Its a tough program but YOU have to be dedicated to stick with it. And try to eat the best as you can in order to see some results. I found the at home DVD workouts works better for me. But everyone is different, so whatever works for you!!

im excited so many others are doing insanity and getting resuts!! i know someone who lost almost 30 pounds in those 2 months of doing it!!
  • I did month 1 of Insanity, and then took a break due to lack of time etc., and after a hiking vacation I am now back on it (yesterday was day 1). I hope that I can stick with it until the end this time, as I also did not have a lot of weight loss in the first month, but I did see that my condition got a lot better and my shape was better as well :-) There's hope!

good luck to you with insanity!!

we can do this girl!!!
  • Thanks for posting this thread. I needed some motivation to get me started. I have Insanity sitting on my dresser at home. Thinking it's time to "dust it off" and get to work!!!

i think you should totally do it!!! its only day 2 and i LOVE IT!!! im super sore already but i love that feeling cause it makes me feel accomplished! like i want to KEPP on KEEPIN' ON!!! and just think, its ONLY 2 months!! some of the work outs are only 16 min. or 20 min long!! that is NOT BAD!!!

so far everyone i have spoken too has had nothing but good things to day!\\

we CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!!
  • Way to go! That is awesome!

thank you!!
  • This sounds great! I'm starting Insanity this week bc like you my life with 6 mo. old baby and full time job have had a very hard time getting into the gym! I hope Insanity works I've done so well working out lately I've just noticed I'm very tired- I may not be eating enough calories. did you follow the food guide to a T? I eat overall very well just wondered if I need to follow this in every step. Any advice I would apperciate it. thank you.

i do nto follow the food guide too much cause i have practices of my own! but i will friend you! id be happy to share my experience with you and good luck to you on your insanity journey!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!