INSANITY FINISHERS/ at home work-outs....?

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Just did my first insanity workout with a friend! I went home and immediatly ordered the set. It should be here by the 12th. So excited, I really need a jump start. I am in a huge plateau and it is really annoying. I run miles and miles and do weight training 2-3 times a week but when nothing comes off I end up eating like crap. I need a small loss now and again to keep up motivation. The first time my friend did this program she was in the same spot I am in right now. She lost 15lbs in those two months. Good luck everyone!! Friend me if you want!
  • Congrats to you for starting Insanity! I've done two rounds and my results have been amazing to me. I love it!! I'm waiting on my Turbo Fire to come in at the moment so I can start it! I've tried ChaLean Extreme but I find it kind of boring because Shaun T has turned me into a cardio junkie!!

2 ROUNDS!! SHEESH!! U GO GIRL! I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU!! HAHAHA
  • Just did my first insanity workout with a friend! I went home and immediatly ordered the set. It should be here by the 12th. So excited, I really need a jump start. I am in a huge plateau and it is really annoying. I run miles and miles and do weight training 2-3 times a week but when nothing comes off I end up eating like crap. I need a small loss now and again to keep up motivation. The first time my friend did this program she was in the same spot I am in right now. She lost 15lbs in those two months. Good luck everyone!! Friend me if you want!

THAT IS ALSO MY PROBLEM! I HAVE HIT A MAJOR PLATEAU!! oops, sorry for the caps! but yes. i am in the same boat! which is why i have turned to insanity! there are so many great success stories and im hoing i can add mine to the list! good luck to you!! you got this! we ALL DO!
  • Insanity has been awesome! I am in my final week now. In the past 3 1/3 months, I have done Turbo Jam paired with 10 Minute Trainer for a month before starting Insanity. Last time I checked, I have lost 18 pounds, 29" inches overall, 10-11% body fat body and lost two pants sizes. TJ helped me lose weight and get in shape, 10MT started building some strength and Insanity has rocked me! I've built strength, gained muscle and burned lots of fat and I have lost most of my inches during the past two months.

WOW!! thats what im talking about!! i only have 15 more pounds to go and im hoping insanity will do that for me!! so i can just focus o toning up!!
  • I work full time and have 2 young kids so I get up at 5am to work out. I am on week 7 of P90X and I have lost 5 pounds and I just did my first measurements last week as I didn't realize that was so important. I noticed the scale wasn't moving very fast but my clothes were getting looser. I plan on doing Insanity next, we will see what kind of results I get with that.

p90x is my next video i will be starting!! much luck to you!!
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    I did P90X followed by insanity ( I am not a fan of cardio lol)

before_zps539e3ac6.jpg

afterbbl_zps612cf424.jpg

You will definitely see results!! Focus on your nutrition as that is the key with the programs!
  • I did P90X followed by insanity ( I am not a fan of cardio lol)

before_zps539e3ac6.jpg

afterbbl_zps612cf424.jpg

You will definitely see results!! Focus on your nutrition as that is the key with the programs!

OMG! You look AMAZING girl! So inspiring! 3 kids and you look fabulous! I def need to kick up my game! I am ready for a Turbo Fire challenge.
  • I am on week one day 2 of INSANITY-it is really a hard workout. I couldn't do all the moves, but kept my butt moving. I am eating well. Tracking everyday. I have not taken measurements as I don't have a tape measure but I ordered on and a new scale.

Excited. Last time I did this type of workout was year agao and I didn't lose a ton of weight (personal trainer 3 days a week-bootcamp/miltary style) but I lost a ton of inches and felt better than I had in years.

Really my goal right now is to lose weight and inches and get back down to where I was a few years ago and then work on getting that weight off. I am planning (being as I am only on day 2) on doing INSANITY twice in a row and then ordering a different beacbody set.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    I did Insanity from Feb-May to get fit and it helped improve my CV fitness, but didn't get me muscles which is what I wanted after completing it.

Moved on to P90X/Insanity hybrid and that got me started, and eating a lot more did the same.

Now I'm doing Body Beast and getting better results in terms of muscle.

I'd recommend doing weight training and cardio, eg P90X!
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    All my workouts are at home. I've belonged to gyms and it's just easier to head to the basement and workout with bedhead. I have done 2 rounds of P90X and one round of Insanity. I am now doing a hybrid of weight lifting on M-W-F and cardio on T-TH-Sat. I am mixing everything up and each week will not be the same for me. Cardio choices for me are Zumba (XBOX), Insanity, recumbant bike, step aerobics or one of the P90X routines. Weight lifting will sometimes be full body each lift day or I'll isolate the areas for the week.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    I'm on round 2 of Insanity and I love it! The weight has melted off and I've gotten so much fitter as well. I ran a 5K with my husband for fun last week and my time was 26:58. I'm looking forward to my first "real" 5K race on Thanksgiving Day in Minneapolis. There were a couple of those first workouts where I wanted to quit but I kept going and I'm SO glad I did! Keep pressing play!
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    I did Insanity, with great results. I am almost done with round two :smile: and next week I will be starting Turbo Fire. In October, I did try a boot camp class and I did not enjoy it as much. I really enjoy working at home.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    I've done a BUNCH of home workouts and gotten great results!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Same here! My boyfriend and I did the 1st fit test yesterday and today was our actual first day and we love it!! We are using our garage in the early mornings to work out because the kids are still asleep so we bring our laptop out there and have almost the entire garage to do our INSANE work out....

I cant say i have much insight for you but i will leave you with encouraging words. I dont care how insane it is, and how much it burns and even if you have to stop for a second ... JUST KEEP PUSHING yourself!!!

before_zps539e3ac6.jpg

afterbbl_zps612cf424.jpg

WOW!!!!! u look so dang good!
  • I'm on round 2 of Insanity and I love it! The weight has melted off and I've gotten so much fitter as well. I ran a 5K with my husband for fun last week and my time was 26:58. I'm looking forward to my first "real" 5K race on Thanksgiving Day in Minneapolis. There were a couple of those first workouts where I wanted to quit but I kept going and I'm SO glad I did! Keep pressing play!

dang! you go girl!!!!! 3 miles in 26 minuts is amazing! thats WILL POWER and determination!!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    I did P90X followed by insanity ( I am not a fan of cardio lol)

before_zps539e3ac6.jpg

afterbbl_zps612cf424.jpg

You are by far absolutely amazing!!!

before_zps539e3ac6.jpg

afterbbl_zps612cf424.jpg

OMG! You look AMAZING girl! So inspiring! 3 kids and you look fabulous! I def need to kick up my game! I am ready for a Turbo Fire challenge.

AHHHHHHH OMG!!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE! I'm finishing P90X/Turbofire, starting Insanity/LMP.. I can only hope that's what I'll look like after!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    I'm currently doing Insanity! Just started Week 4 Day 1 yesterday and it's still consistently kicking my butt! Not because it's not getting any easier, but because with every workout, it's making me feel stronger to go just that little bit harder and to push a little bit more! I started at 199 and couldn't even complete ONE push up (as the lady from my gym during my fitness assessment was kind enough to point out!) and now, doing the push-up jacks makes me feel like I'm REALLY achieved something. My body is sloooowly no longer controlling what I can and can't do - I'm telling IT what it can do!

I've been doing the slow and steady wins the race, so I'm not following the workout plan EXACTLY just because I couldn't stop everything else going on in my life, but I do an Insanity workout every day except for when I have other workout/sporting commitments (I'm also on an ultimate frisbee team and take kickboxing classes). So on those days, I don't want to kill myself or injure and set myself back, so no Insanity on those days. I guess I consider them my rest/cross-training days.

I used to be the person who always had to go to a group gym class because otherwise I couldn't trust or rely on myself to get anything done. If I tried to workout at home or alone at the gym on a treadmill or something, I would last max 10-15 minutes before I would tell myself I'd done enough and I could leave. So group classes were a way to keep me from staying the whole time, but even then, it wasn't guaranteed that I'd really focus or push myself. For some reason, Insanity is totally different and all of a sudden, I'm feeling accountable for something. I think it's the calendar to put checkmarks on. I LOVE checking workouts off and seeing that I'm accomplishing something. I think it also helps that they've said that this is the hardest workout ever put on DVD...or I guess just all the hype about it. When you think you're doing the "hardest workout ever" and you're managing to survive every workout one day at a time...well, I can't help feeling totally hardcore and it keeps me going...even through those stupid globejumps! LOL

So 21 days in while doing other activities, I started at 199 and weigh-in this morning at 188.2. :)

Hope that helps and I SWEAR I don't mean to sound like an infomercial! LOL
  • JessKrcmar
    JessKrcmar Posts: 33 Member
    I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this thread - I just picked up the Insanity dvds from my friend last night and plan to start them on Monday. I was really intimidated because she's in incredible shape and she said they were a challenge for her, so I was feeling a little nervous that someone of my weight and physicality might not be able to do it, but you've all motivated me! I can't wait to find out for myself how "insane" it is!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!