level 1

Replies

• lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Level 1 Day 5 complete.:smile:
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Sarssarssarsb I'm still only on level 1 but don't find the ab part is enough for me either as I've done a lot of pilates over the summer. I just add in a few minutes of planks and side planks at the end to make up for it.

Just finished day 7 of Level 1. Finding most of it ok now but I still can't do more than 2 proper push ups.
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm on Day6 L2 and I still can't do proper pushups. I definitely am feeling stronger doing to girlie pushups and maybe next round of 30DS I'll be ready for full pushups.

Motivation - I made a chart that I keep in my kitchen with each of the levels, I find that it's a good motivator because I want to put the sticker in that square.

I was finding that the abs weren't working as well for me on level 2 at the beginning. I ended up slowing down and making sure that I was doing them properly and then they started working. Also I tend to lean backwards on my shoulders during planks, if I focus on keeping my arms straight and hands under shoulders it works my abs a lot more.

On day 3 L2 I started doing L1 right afterwards. I felt that they both worked different muscle groups, especially in the arms and so I'm working on upping the weights and going deeper into the squats/lunges than before. Now I'm super tired after . = )
  • just did day 1, at the start l thought l wasn´t going to be able to keep up, but l manage to push through. I hope lm not to sore tomorrow!! Does anyone know how many (approx) calories are burned in this workout

Do the calisthenics workout MFP provides under their exercises (:
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    LVL 1 DAY 3 completed last night. Took many days off between... Day 1 & 2 were done last Monday and Tuesday. Thank goodness its a short wkout. What extra cardio does everyone do? I've been going on walks during lunch, just a mile and a half.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Hey ladies!!

Hubby and I are tagging teaming 30SD!! Did it for the 1st time last night and survived! Might be walking a little stiff legged but we'll get there!!

L1D1

As far as logging I think that MFP overestimates and my HRMs battery is out so I am just counting it as 1 calorie until I can figure this out.
  • I log mine as circuit training. It gets me around the same calories burned. Between 265 - 285, something like that.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    L1D4 done, but about 30 less calories burned tonight even though I feel like I put in the same amount of effort. Hmph.
  • day 8 level 1. I also feel the abs are easy, so I have also been doing my 15 minute ab workout from another video. And trying to do 20-30 min on my elliptical just to help me burn somemore fat off.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    L1 D2 completed and the butte kicks are the hardest for us!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    l1d2 done.
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Just finished day 5 of level 1, it does seem to be getting a little easier as I go, but I am far from completing proper pushups, I think I'll be lucky if I can do them by Christmas, but that would be awesome to do them!
  • Level 1 day 9 complete! I find I have more endurance now, but still finding it difficult to get through the workout without stopping some days. Scared to start level 2!
  • easybeinggreen
    easybeinggreen Posts: 6 Member
    second day in a row of level 2.
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Level 1 day 6 and exhausted. Wondering if I can pull off level 2 in a couple days.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Just did day 6. I do think my upper arms and glutes are feeling stronger, more muscular! I've decided I'm not going to do any body measurements again until the end of 30 days. My body changes very slowly, so I don't want to be to discouraged if I take measurements and see no change at the end of level 1.
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Just did day 6. I do think my upper arms and glutes are feeling stronger, more muscular! I've decided I'm not going to do any body measurements again until the end of 30 days. My body changes very slowly, so I don't want to be to discouraged if I take measurements and see no change at the end of level 1.

That's the same plan I have. I know for sure I'll be more likely to skip or slack off during the workout if I don't see any results yet. I'm halfway though now (on day 16) and still have yet to measure or weigh myself. I heard a lot of people gained during the beginning of 30DS so I didn't want to get discouraged.
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    L1 D6 done! Felt stiff this morning but so pleased that I did it!
  • shvrngrl
    Day 4 LVL 1 all done! Starting to feel a little easier. I keep forgetting to do my measurements! I'm putting it on my planner for tonight and photos!
  • shvrngrl
    Wow! I do shred then 20 minutes of yoga. I can't imagine doing pylo afterwards...I'm tired just thinking about it!