Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Feature Request: Repeat foods

ukheatherukheather Posts: 70Member Member Posts: 70Member Member
It would be nice if you could add a repeat food, i.e one that automatically adds itself to the food diary each day.

I have a few things that I eat everyday and it would be nice if I didn't have to keep adding them, and they just added themselves each day.

Replies

  • amheueramheuer Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I agree! I'm a huge creature of habit and eat many of the same things...maybe there could be a button next to the "add food/add meal" section where it says "make recurring" or something like that...then if we DON'T eat it that day, we could delete it like any other food...

    Good thought!
  • dlatrobedlatrobe Posts: 5Member Posts: 5Member
    :smile: You can CREATE a meal for your repeat meals and then all u have to do is go to MY MEALS and add that meal, that way u don't have to add each individual item. Just click a button. Also reading just now where they are having your FAVORITES for all meals to show. This was tedious the first couple days, but gets easier as i make my own meals, then if u eat something additional u can add it to them. If there is something in that meal u DON"T eat, u can minus it out. Not too bad.
  • dlatrobedlatrobe Posts: 5Member Posts: 5Member
    Also to change the amount of a food that is in your diary, just click on the food itself, it will let u edit the amount.
  • ukheatherukheather Posts: 70Member Member Posts: 70Member Member
    I know you can make meals, but that is not what I am requesting. I would love for food to automatically be added to the diary if I have it everyday :smile:
  • ukheatherukheather Posts: 70Member Member Posts: 70Member Member
  • ukheatherukheather Posts: 70Member Member Posts: 70Member Member
    Bumping for the last time.

    I would really love this
  • valerykazvalerykaz Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I would love that option too, if only just to drop my 2 cups of coffee in to my breakfast entry every morning...
  • spud_chickspud_chick Posts: 2,644Member Member Posts: 2,644Member Member
    I created a meal for my daily vits/supps which I add to its own slot in my diary, and each morning I just hit Quick Tools/Copy from yesterday in that section. Maybe you could do something similar? Make a diary section called "Every day" or something and just repeat it that way each day. I know you were hoping for a feature addition, but this might be a good workaround in the meantime. (On days when I skip my vits, I just copy from a previous day.)
  • MichelleRMcGeeMichelleRMcGee Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Totally need a repeat button! I have to add Fish Oil every single day to my dinner, or either sit down and do a week at a time. PLEASE add a REPEAT feature:)
  • sbdriver2sbdriver2 Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
    I just use the Quick Tools tab beside the Add Food button and click on "copy yesterday".
  • christophersavchristophersav Posts: 7Member, Premium Member Posts: 7Member, Premium Member
    Repeat foods would be great because even though "copy yesterday" is easy it can get a bit monotonous, I cannot copy something like 'snacks' because it will take much more than the couple of items I want, and similar to an automatic savings account I would like to start my calorie budget with the foods already deducted. I think this would also be a good way to encourage good habit forming (vitamins already appear in my breakfast meal, I better take one).
  • christophersavchristophersav Posts: 7Member, Premium Member Posts: 7Member, Premium Member
    spud_chick wrote: »
    I created a meal for my daily vits/supps which I add to its own slot in my diary, and each morning I just hit Quick Tools/Copy from yesterday in that section. Maybe you could do something similar? Make a diary section called "Every day" or something and just repeat it that way each day. I know you were hoping for a feature addition, but this might be a good workaround in the meantime. (On days when I skip my vits, I just copy from a previous day.)

    This is a clever idea and not a bad compromise, but in my case I've used up my six custom categories (preworkout, postworkout, B, L, D, Snack.
  • tinny77tinny77 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    +1 for this one. I'd love to have some meals automatically added every day
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,627Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,627Member, Premium Member
    ukheather wrote: »
    I know you can make meals, but that is not what I am requesting. I would love for food to automatically be added to the diary if I have it everyday :smile:

    I don't think that will ever happen.

    Why don't you just use the copy meal feature?
  • tinny77tinny77 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    ukheather wrote: »
    I know you can make meals, but that is not what I am requesting. I would love for food to automatically be added to the diary if I have it everyday :smile:

    I don't think that will ever happen.

    Why don't you just use the copy meal feature?
    Because you need to manually copy an item every day.
    A protein bar I eat every day for example, could just be added as a "repeat" item and I'll just delete it in case
Sign In or Register to comment.