What is wrong with my body??!

2»

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Yeah, sizing is a mess, everywhere. I range from 00 to 8, depending on the store. Those are the least important numbers.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Just remember: no one sees the size but you, and that's just some stupid number anyway.

Be confident and proud of the body you've earned and keep pushing forward to reach your goals.

I was a size 14/16 at 190 as well. I'm 5'8".

Before baby, I wore everything from a size 10 to a 16W depending on the brand and cut at 175ish. Women's clothing sizes are arbitrary for the most part. Just wear clothes that fit you well and flatter you.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    The only thing keeping you in a larger size is your midsection, otherwise you look like a size 8.

I dress people for a living and you obviously know how to dress well for your shape. You have great shapely legs and you're smart to show them off.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Something that made a huge difference for me was strength training. I started out with just my own body weight because I was so weak. Lunges, squats, push-ups, etc. and I went from size 9/10 at 150 lbs. to size 5/6. I didn't lose a pound, and it was the same brand AND same cut of jeans. Made all the difference in the world.
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    There is nothing wrong. I am 5'6" and at 180lbs I was a 16. I did not get to a 14 until 160. After that, the sizes change much more quickly. Congrats on your success so far! You look great!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'm 5'9 and at 180, I wore a size 10.

Got down to like 160ish and was in a size 8.

Arrived at my goal of 150, wearing a size 4.

I'm also a pear shape.. so I have big hips and thighs, but a small waist. It took a while, but once I lost fat off my hips, thats when the pants sizes really started going down.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Everyone's weight loss shows up differently. It also has a lot to do with clothing: I've lost 25 lbs. and in some items i'm down 1 or 2 sizes, but in others i'm still the same size. Pants are the worst: I have a larger waist, and I've lost a lot in the hip area, but not as much in the waist. So getting pants to fit in a smaller size is hard. But I can see the difference, and so can others, so I'm trying to be as patient as I can. When I reach my goal weight I will probably have to have pants tailored, but I don't want to spend money on that until I'm ready for "permanent" clothes.

:happy:
  • melanie8289
    melanie8289 Posts: 161 Member
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with your body - from your pics you look like you have a lovely curvy body. As some others have suggested do go out and try on new clothes. But take a trusted friend with you or you will be drawn to safe styles which won't show you the difference. You need to try some different styles so you see the way you have changed :)

I was a UK size 16 around a year ago and I'm now down to a 12 to 14. I'm still not happy with my stomach, but we all have something we are not completely happy with. You just have to focus on the good points and keep at it because it really is worth it and you will achieve your goals :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    You look great! Congratulations!

We are just about the same. I'm 193 @5'6 and also an 'apple' I am in 16'a as well. I 'can' get into 14's but they are the 14's from the plus size stores and they ALWAYS have more 'give' than a 14 that you buy in a 'normal' store. I have not bought new clothes yet either but I do fit better in the ones I had. We've lost roughly the same amount of weight too ;) Don't get discouraged, you are not the only one who has not gone down a million sizes.

I have lost a little fat all over my body, like taking off a big blanket. So if you carry the same way then it's likely that it will just take us longer to see changes in sizes as it would someone who loses fast from the hips or tummy. I am personally happy to be able to lose evenly all over because it means that I will never look 'lopsided'. I gained the same way, just got bigger everywhere. How you gained will give you an idea how it will come off ;)