Words you Butchered as a kid?

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    My two front teeth didn't grow back for 2 years so I developed a lisp for awhile and butchered pretty much any word starting with R, S or TH.

I couldn't even pronounce my own name...I'd say 'Tephanie.

Thank god for speech therapy. :)
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    My son when he was younger use to call Shampoo

"Panshoo"

I thought it was so funny!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    I have the suffix of III or the third... well, when a 2 year old tries to say "the third" it sometimes comes out as "da turd"... yeah, I still get made fun of at christmas.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    My son informed me when he was about 4 or 5 that boys have a penis and girls have paginers. Also marshmallow is smarshminnow.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    LMAO the one my parents STILL won't let me forget, is when we used to walk by the seafood section in the grocery store with the tank of live lobsters, and I would call them slobbers.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    I don't know what words I may have butchered, but something my daughter's older brother butchered is still with us today. When my daughter Amanda was born, her older brother, Jeff, was two, and just learning to talk. One of the things we'd try to get him to repeat was, "Amanda's a pretty girl," but it would always come out of his mouth as "Meena pwitty gweel." To this day, my daughter's nickname is Meena and we call her that all the time. And the "pwitty gweel" part stuck with me, because I still say it a lot without even thinking about it. It just comes out. Like if I'm driving somewhere and see an attractive woman in the next car over, I'll mumble to myself, "Pwitty gweel..." :)
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    My son (2 1/2) is still working on pronunciation. Yellow is yewewew, most words have an 'ah' ending, so his abc's are ah beh seh.
    The most confusing thing, is the color green to him is behbeh. Where he got that, I have no idea... but we get into long debates just saying 'GREEN!' 'no dada, behbeh!"
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Oh and for a while "truck" was "*kitten*"

My dad loves telling that story haha.

My son did that too. We called them Buzz Wagons.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    LMAO the one my parents STILL won't let me forget, is when we used to walk by the seafood section in the grocery store with the tank of live lobsters, and I would call them slobbers.

My little sister was convinced until she was about 8 that they were lom-sters!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Looking at pet adoptions one day when I was about 10 I came across Chihuahua...Not a clue so it came out Chi -Hooa-hooa. My family still won't let me live that down. I'm sure if I asked my family they could tell me some others but I don't want to open that can of worms.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Ibuprofen.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    My son informed me when he was about 4 or 5 that boys have a penis and girls have paginers.

Paginers. XD My son once walked around a grocery store pointing to every woman and asking if she had a vagina. Awkward~

My five year old son likes to say 'Granilla' instead of 'Granola'.

And it always cracked me up when he was little and he'd ask for 'Jew' instead of 'Juice'.
  • HAHA this is funny! I had a slight speech impediment when I was young. So up until I was about 6 I switched all "FL" sounds with "TH".

Floor was thor
    Florida was Thorda.

It's still kind of a family joke.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    I used to say "Girl cheese" for grilled cheese. :smile:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    When I was around 2 or 3 I would use the work 'F**K* when referring to a truck. Let's just say this made for some interesting days on public transit with my mom.....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Cinnamon - synonym
    Right pronunciation, wrong word.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    My oldest son (now 12) used to say "chepit" for ketchup... oh my god sooooo cute :) I was actually upset the first time he said "ketchup" correctly...

My little one (now 10) used to have trouble with pronouncing lots of words... yiddle for little, lellow for yellow, etc... so, so sweet :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Boots=boops
    Windshield wipers= windchompers
    Cookies= oodoos
  • I still can't say "squirrel". It comes out skirrel
    Big family joke!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Showing my age I guess but Sky City (department store) was Sky Lilly
    K-Mart was K-Nart