Words you Butchered as a kid?

Replies

• Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    "Bock-a-bolk" for chocolate milk....

My 3 year old seems to put a "w" on most words. Like this morning he said he was walking like a "wobster" (lobster) and calls my mother "wammy" (grammy). I love it!
  • spaghetti........"basketti"

pasketti

hehehe...me too! :laugh:

piss-getti :laugh:
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Me:
    yucktoliptis for eucalyptus
    helloclopter for helicopter
    skasketi for spaghetti
    scan franskisco for san francisco

My daughter:
    I have no idea why, but she went through a phase where she put a "ba" sound in front of everything: She wanted to go to the ba-zoo, or play with the ba-tar (guitar). She also would put words together and make her own. My favorite was "know-a-lize" which was her combination of "know" and "realise"..."I didn't know-a-lize that cartoon was on"
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Pretty much every word! Was in speech therapy for years... Lead me to not talk very much to anyone lol. I still have to remember to do my best even to this day with pronouncing words correctly, take things slowly, and not to be overly shy lol.

Think I have to agree with the "spaghetti" being the cutest one lol.
  • Apparently when I was very young, around my second christmas, I fell in love with the song that starts "Jolly Old St. Nicholas, lean your ear this way......".....however, apparently I was not able to pronounce it correctly. I kept telling my mom to play "Charlie Oats" on the record player. She could not figure out what I wanted for ages.....finally one day she put that christmas song on, adn i started jumping up and down clapping and hollering "Charlie Oats",,,,,

To the day she died, she called Santa Clause "Charlie Oats"......
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    My nephew used to say walla-walla melon for watermelon and bowslasen for Volkswagen
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    F you....Duck You.

I was a little brat:)
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    My niece's:

My no like it = I don't like it

Snow cows! = snow plows! (she always yelled it)

Riffer = river
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Just remembered... my youngest used to say "me no yike you anymore" when he was mad at me... lol :)
  • lol.. eyebrains instead of eyebrows
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    'Hearse.' I would call it '*kitten*'. Thank goodness there weren't too many deaths in my family when I was a kid.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    instead of saying "Trick or Treat" I always said "Trigger-treat"
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    'Hearse.' I would call it '*kitten*'. Thank goodness there weren't too many deaths in my family when I was a kid.

"Mommy! Look at the *kitten*!"

*giggle*
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    I said I had a "diarrhea" instead of a diary. I was a disgusting child.
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    I had a hard time with my "s" when I was little. Lets just say when I went to the store with my mom, I only had to ask for a sucker one time...
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    I would always says "gain tsu" instead of "thank you." :smile:
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    My youngest son: When the tsunami hit in Indonesia and he saw it on tv he came to tell me with a very wooried look on his face

"Oh Mommy, there is a big ploblem....there is a big salami..."

This was also from the little boy who wanted to grow up and be on the "squat" team with the police!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I got nothing, except I keep reading the title of this thread as "were you butchered as a kid"
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    ...my oldest son would sing "LMNOP" in the alphabet song as "Elmo Goes Pee".

I have no idea how my children have turned out normal! :wink:
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Fifteen was always Fiveteen