Words you Butchered as a kid?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Try to get you younger children to say GIFT CERTIFICATE. It is the funniest thing I ever heard. :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    I remember in my freshman biology class reading 'organism' as 'orgasm' out loud to the class. I was also the new kid. Total FML moment.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Oh and for a while "truck" was "*kitten*"

My dad loves telling that story haha.

yep. my 2 yr old nephew was saying truck like that over the summer but thankfully his speech is improving now. And he knows his grandmas by name which is an improvement considering before it was Grandma Blue Car or Grandma Blue *kitten*. We asked him not to talk about Grandma Janice's blue truck at church anymore. He says so many cute things but mostly I love how he never says airport, its always "airplane port". and always "fireman engine" instead of fire engine. sounds more official? oh and my faves are "mo-shuckle" for motorcycle and a yr ago he couldn't say mickey mouse so he called him "moww-moww." He calls an umbrella a "rain-brella"

I remember having trouble saying "alluminum" or "specific" when I was younger but if I slowed down I could pretty much say it right. My butchering of a language was probably when I was 5-6 yrs old I had an imaginary friend named Deborah LemonJello. She was French in my mind so I pronounced it in my "French accent" which was mostly me just dragging it out dramatically.
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    I called nectarines, "neckadreenas"....

Also, my uncle thought it would be funny to teach me and my cousins the wrong words for certain things, such as "poozonkees" for Saskatoon berries and "airplane eggs" for those big balls on power lines.

I had a strange childhood.
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Well it was not me but my son one year wanted to be the grim reaper for Halloween but he would tell everyone he was the "grand rapper" :blushing: :laugh:
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Jeremy! I called this kid Germ-y for years....
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Hurricanes were 'hornicanes". Cheese was Seese and "Please" had no 'L' "May I have some seese, pease?" (I was missing teeth in the front) Frogs were (and still are) Fruppers. An umbrella was a bumberchoot. Mom said I used to point at her boobs and say, "Elbow". She also used to try to get me to talk about 'yesterday' because I said it "Yassaday". I can't think of anymore right off hand but I'm sure there were others. Oh, I also called poop 'thing'. I have no idea why. Would tell mom I had to "go do thing". LOL
  • pommesvertes
    pommesvertes Posts: 24 Member
    Perhaps a little inappropriate, but when I was tiny my Nan was talking to me about Cliff Richard and I spent the next few days jabbering on about him but replacing the 'ff' with a 't'.... :embarassed:

Apparently my parents got the giggles terribly when they tried to correct me which only encouraged me, haha.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    "Cadoma dome" or "Catoma dome" Meaning: Tacoma Dome :laugh:
  • My mom said when I was little I kept asking her to sing me the "Little Orgy" song. :blushing: Turns out it was the Christmas song that says "Little Lord Jesus" in it haha. Away In A Manger??
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Massatwo****s
  • Yogurt.

YO-GR-ET
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    I used to call french fries "waddies". I know... my genius was apparent early.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    I still have the hardest time saying anything with the word bag in it.
    Bagel - "bag el"
    bag - "beg"
    Oh, and when I say balloon it sounds like "bal-ooh-in" (three syllabels instead of two)
    I get made fun of all the time for it. :cry:
    :happy:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Yogurt.

YO-GR-ET

Haha. I called it gogurt.

I used to pronounce wolf as woof. And um...maybe using the past tense is inaccurate since I am still unable to say it. I just avoid discussing those creatures. :blushing:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    my little sister used to call our uncle jim "apple" jim lol shes 8 years old now and gets all embarrassed about it when we joke with her
  • an Elephant = a funt-funt LOL
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Well, the only one I can remember was a slush... like a slushie from the ice cream shop.. I called it a flush.

My brother called Subway "Suvway"...yes, with a V.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Montana

Used to say it as Mon-tanya
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Miwk = Milk

Spssketti = Spaghetti