Rant: You look just like her!

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    143lxtj.jpg
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    My grandma told me I look like Joanne Woodward. Joanne Woodward is 82. I slapped the *kitten* right out of my grandma. The nerve!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Don't thrown the term around like an insult, and if someone happens to be a prostitute, power to them.

Deal.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    I was at the hair salon today and waiting for my stylist to come back. This older woman sitting next to me grabbed a magazine with Adele on the cover and showed it to her stylist and exclaimed, "You look JUST like her!" The stylist, blond curls, heavy-set, just shrugged her off.

I think Adele is beautiful. I think people need to get over themselves about how she looks too, who cares, she has an amazing voice.

But I know how she felt.

When I was heavy, people told me I looked like Monica Lewinski. It drove me insane. Honestly, no, I did not, I just was heavy and had brown hair.

Just a rant. I do not know why people insist that it is a compliment to point out a heavy celeb you look just like.

I agree with you. Monica Lewinsky? Nothing against her, I actually have always thought she looked pretty good and always put together nicely. But why can't they say, "Damn! You look like Megan Fox!"?

Maybe because Megan Fox is a mouth breathing wh0re. Like, literally she takes goods for sex.

Woah, woah, woah... you say someone pointing out that having rolls isn't generally "beautiful" is having a bad attitude, but then call an actress a "*kitten*"? Seriously? Let's stop the pejorative women on women hate NOW.

Because she does not, literally, take goods for sex.

Okay, 'it is speculated that she literally takes goods for sex'... how's that? I'd never call a woman a *kitten* that didn't perform acts of prostitution, but the rumor mill does have a pretty strong line on her using her casting couch skills to get her part in Transformers.

oh good Lord.

haters gon' hate.
  • My grandma told me I look like Joanne Woodward. Joanne Woodward is 82. I slapped the *kitten* right out of my grandma. The nerve!

You're kidding right? You slapped your grandma? Wow.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    My grandma told me I look like Joanne Woodward. Joanne Woodward is 82. I slapped the *kitten* right out of my grandma. The nerve!

Funniest thing i've read today. And on my grandma's birthday....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member

Right in her wrinkly old mouth!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member

paul-joanne.jpg

Yes. Yes, I slapped my darling grandmother for saying I look like this. :huh:
  • paul-joanne.jpg

You don't look like Paul Newman. That's ridiculous!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    People here complain about getting compliments, about not getting compliments, about being compared to celebrities, about no one noticing them. No one sees how much weight I have or haven't lost. No one pays attention, people pay too much attention.

I'm guessing we should all just walk around with bags on our heads and only speak to each other by cell phone. We better not even meet up in person anymore. It's getting too dangerous. :huh:

Seriously, if someone takes the time to compliment you, say thanks and move on. If you want complimented, tell a person about your accomplishments and they'll typically encourage you. It's really that easy.
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    or Sarah Palin...:laugh:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    I totally understand your rant!
  • Adele cant be skinny, i mean, a voice like that is too big for a little body (;
  • My grandma told me I look like Joanne Woodward. Joanne Woodward is 82. I slapped the *kitten* right out of my grandma. The nerve!

paul-joanne.jpg

I apologize, I am not familiar with Joanne Woodward. Regardless, I figured you were kidding.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Megan Fox has toe thumbs. Other than that, she's really pretty.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Oh, I completely understand. I get that I look like Adele all the time, though we look nothing alike in the face. We're both pale and overweight, though I think Adele is thinner now.
  • Megan Fox has toe thumbs. Other than that, she's really pretty.

QFT
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    You're assuming the lady was telling the stylist she looked like Adele because she was overweight? That's awfully presumptuous of you.

Furthermore, it sounds like it was a compliment, and fat people deserve compliments too... even if it may acknowledge their body in one way or another.

^^^ this!!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    last night the other half told me I looked like Taylor Swift (when I put a pair of rectangle thick rimmed black glasses on) I think that was purely only because he related those glasses to her (I think she wears them in a video clip)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    paul-joanne.jpg

You don't look like Paul Newman. That's ridiculous!

Paul Newman was a stud in the day....

And wow....you really do look like her! She's beautiful and so are you